Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13237 13238 [13239] 13240 13241 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375918 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198570 on: January 30, 2023, 01:54:19 am »

I found a perfect, working copy of one of my childhood games. No patching, no virtual machines, no compatibility mode, just started it up and played the whole thing in one sitting. Hadn’t touched it in something like a decade and if felt like it was yesterday.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198571 on: February 02, 2023, 03:31:15 am »

I got my yearly nota for gas and electra.

Hurray! I am not bankrupted. Despite insanely high gas prices, my responsible heating management (and the solar panels on my roof) has brought me some returns!
I honestly was terrified for months after all the fearmongering about gas prices, that I would sink into debt for heating my home.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198572 on: February 03, 2023, 03:45:44 am »

Been doing some exercising via jump roping for the last few days. It's hella quick and way less mental effort then what's required to force myself to properly run for half a hour or lift weights.

E: It's also some good exercise, it's clearly not optimal, but it does make my out of shape legs nice and sore, so it's pretty decent at the minimum.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 03:49:45 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198573 on: February 03, 2023, 06:41:48 am »

Jump rope is excellent cardio. I used to jump rope as part of my daily cardio training when I was kickboxing. It's excellent for body control and coordination, too.

Jumping rope is fantastic exercise. Keep it up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #198574 on: February 03, 2023, 08:30:56 am »

Try timing how long you can do it for! Set yourself targets and beat them!

It's surprisingly fun.  :)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198575 on: February 05, 2023, 06:20:53 pm »

First ever attempt at making lazy homemade garlic bread turned out pretty okay! It could definitely be better (more care on ingredient distribution, i.e. don't just stick a small block of butter in the middle of the piece of bread, spread the cheese around better), but it's 100% definitely garlic bread, doesn't taste bad at all, and took all of like five minutes to make. Nothing fancy to it, just regular cheap wheat bread with some unsalted butter, garlic powder, and cheese, toasted in one of those little multifunction air fryer ovens.

... it's absolutely confirmed my suspicion garlic bread doesn't need fifty bajillion tons of salt added to it to taste good, though -- normal (frozen, restaurant, etc.) prep would be like 4-500 mg per slice of this size, sometimes more. These ones are less than 200, just what's in the bread and cheese, and it still tastes solid, pretty much just as good as the usual stuff. Bloody salt obsession in this world, I swear *grumbles*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198576 on: February 05, 2023, 06:27:40 pm »

Cheese? It's not garlic bread if you use cheese!

It becomes cheesy garlic bread. Get it right  8)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198577 on: February 05, 2023, 10:37:08 pm »

I've been playing Fire Emblem 8 romhacks for a while now. I'm just still really stunned at the effort and quality pumped into these badboys. The one I'm playing right now is literally just a recreation of the 3ds title Fire Emblem: Echoes, down to the smallest details. Echoes is itself a remake of Fire Emblem 2, which was then romhackified and demaked to fit into the Fire Emblem 8 engine. It's just really cool.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198578 on: February 06, 2023, 12:33:18 am »

Ate at a Japanese sushi conveyor place. The food wasn't what I would call good in any sense, but it was still a fun meal and a neat experience.

I got tayaki for dessert though which was actually really good.
Try timing how long you can do it for! Set yourself targets and beat them!

It's surprisingly fun.  :)
I've been trying to get the total/consecutive number of jumps up. My highest consecutive is 92.
I also have a proper jump rope in the mail instead of the rando rope I found somewhere when I was like 8, which should work better.
E: They had little robots to deliver the drinks which is funny because I'm pretty sure that the waiters spent more effort giving them the drinks and looking after them (to prevent spills or people running into then) then it would take to deliver them themselves.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 12:35:30 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198579 on: February 06, 2023, 04:39:28 am »

I did some work from home before launch! usually I really can't focus at home and there are other distracting factors today, but I actually was able to do something today without exhausting myself, it feels so good!!
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #198580 on: February 06, 2023, 06:50:14 am »

When you work out with jump ropes, do you do it like you see in boxing films or are you talking more complex stuff than just jumping in a spot?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #198581 on: February 06, 2023, 08:04:25 am »

When you work out with jump ropes, do you do it like you see in boxing films or are you talking more complex stuff than just jumping in a spot?
I imagine they look a little like this

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198582 on: February 06, 2023, 10:36:28 pm »

Just jumping in spot for a minute or two. Obviously there are more complex and challenging ways to do it ect. Maybe I'll try some of them out at some point, but I'm being pretty boring with it for now.
---
I added a stupid little extension to my browser that plays the wii shop music any time I go to a shopping website (amazon, steam) and every time I forget about it, and every time I go it amuses me anew because its just so stupid.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198583 on: February 08, 2023, 07:02:07 am »

Has aliexpress figured out a way to take charge of the duty fees? The two most expensive orders arrived without me paying a dime in customs, if it keeps going like this, I might actually put a pinion drive on my broom I had like 500bucks locked just for fees. Imagine how sweet that would be: a set chainlength and no derailleur!
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198584 on: February 08, 2023, 10:55:21 am »

Day's a bit crap because I'm still chasing up my university for the transcripts. Got a nice break when I saw a video of a border collie herding sheep onto a person's porch after it escaped and it reminded me of our old neighbour's welsh sheepdog, unfortunately she'll be long gone by now since she was old twenty years ago.

She was one of the friendliest dogs I've seen. Everything living was something to be friends with. Always approach you head low and whining, then get excited when you gave her some attention. She repeatedly tried to make friends with our cat at the time even though the cat would always hiss and swat at her.

Ah, she was lovely.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 13237 13238 [13239] 13240 13241 ... 13310