Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Nilarzes, The Dwarven Insane Asylum (The Troll War)  (Read 31384 times)

GlassInMyEyeGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • "Yes, brown bread... for my BREAD GUN!"
    • View Profile
Re: Nilarzes, The Dwarven Insane Asylum (To War!)
« Reply #360 on: July 17, 2009, 08:42:50 pm »

Journal of GlassInMyEyeGuy:

War is brewing in Lanternwebs. The Warden might not have announced it, but everyone knows about it. There has to be more information. There's something big going on here. VERY BIG. We're all part of it, and either the Warden doesn't want us to know about it or the Warden is the perpetrator himself. I'm going to his office again. If he's not there, I'll see if I can find some information. If he's there... we'll negotiate.

(No, Glass doesn't intend to kill the Warden, or even harm him physically. I, personally, wish there to be a heated little argument. Glass can get quite frightening during heated arguments. The ball is in play, Warden. The ball is in play.) 8)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:49:52 am by GlassInMyEyeGuy »
"And the man is there, behind bulletproof glass, slumped over the counter, DEAD! Or sleeping- but it doesn't matter, because you're banging on the glass crying: 'Wake up, I want groceries!'. He ultimately wakes up, but then it becomes a game of charades over what you need from him whilst talking through the glass. Meanwhile, a cue is forming behind you. A cue of MURDERERS! With DIFFERENT WEAPONS!" -Eddie Izzard speaking about late-night petrol (gas) station shopping

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nilarzes, The Dwarven Insane Asylum (To War!)
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2009, 12:16:32 am »

The Siege of Vicevises (Part 1)
Date Unknown

The troll fortress had been nearly emptied of all its strength in preparation for the dwarven attack; of which they had been aware of weeks beforehand. They were as cunning as they were brutish in attaining their information, but no amount of clairvoyance could have prepared them for the wrath that would march upon their doorstep. The vast numbers of the troll army outnumbered them sevenfold, and more so in weight, but the strength of the dwarven race could not be counted in numbers. The trolls stood their ground and shouted “Death!”, but it was the dwarves who would remain standing.

Hundreds of iron clad, bloodthirsty trolls stood between the dwarven armies and the troll fortress of Vicevises. A minor obstacle by Lanternweb standards, but it took some motivation by Sosadcerol Captain Kel Raceship to rally up her followers. Together with the Grand Army they charged fearlessly towards the front lines of the trollish forces and clashed with the scraping of metal and cries of war. Not for over a hundred years has a battle of this size taken place, but looking at the organization and determination of the dwarves you would think that they were veterans of the sort. Lines upon lines of trolls fell as the dwarves advanced, laughing and singing as they slew. In the midst of the battle a group of dwarves could be seen slaughtering with purpose as they plowed a path through the masses towards the entrance pit of the fortress. Their business was with Vicevises.

The three captains of Sosadcerol: Kel, Muthkat, Atir were among the group with eight of their warriors. Rashvir of Nilarzes and Kib of Lanternwebs with her squad of five were there. Flint, the commander of the Grand Army itself was there also with his most trusted and loyal warriors. Pushing and hacking a way through the masses of trolls they had ventured down into a familiar looking pit, the entrance to the fortress. The rear guard of the troll army was too concerned with the ever-nearing dwarves that they were able to slip in unnoticed, not that they were worried about getting caught. They found a ramp there that led down into the trolls home and together charged blindly into the darkness.

GlassInMyEyeGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nilarzes, The Dwarven Insane Asylum (The Troll War)
« Reply #362 on: July 25, 2009, 09:03:15 pm »

Poke. Prod. Kick. Kick again.

Nope, it appears that this thread is comatose. Only time and medical science will bring it back to it's former state of consciousness.

Kick.

(Yes, this is my way of saying BUMP. Not wishing to seem impatient, of course.  ;))
"And the man is there, behind bulletproof glass, slumped over the counter, DEAD! Or sleeping- but it doesn't matter, because you're banging on the glass crying: 'Wake up, I want groceries!'. He ultimately wakes up, but then it becomes a game of charades over what you need from him whilst talking through the glass. Meanwhile, a cue is forming behind you. A cue of MURDERERS! With DIFFERENT WEAPONS!" -Eddie Izzard speaking about late-night petrol (gas) station shopping

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 25, 2009, 10:07:08 pm »

;D

Not dead yet, just a pain in the butt. Updates will be coming along soon, but don't quote me on that. What you can quote me on is that there are 5 updates left untill Nilarzes is put into cryostasis.

GlassInMyEyeGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2009, 09:29:11 am »

What you can quote me on is that there are 5 updates left untill Nilarzes is put into cryostasis.

My god! CRYOSTASIS! And it will awaken in... THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!

Crap. :(

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 01, 2009, 02:00:55 am »

What you can quote me on is that there are 5 updates left untill Nilarzes is put into cryostasis.

My god! CRYOSTASIS! And it will awaken in... THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!

Crap. :(

And in said world of tomorrow, the save will be incompatible with the new version of DF :)
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2009, 06:47:26 pm »

I was wondering when those five updates might be occurring, because this ^ was posted about two months ago...

GlassInMyEyeGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 19, 2009, 04:30:27 pm »

I can only express my feelings about this one way:

:'(
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]