Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: metalworking: currently sign  (Read 2328 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: makin a sign
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 02:42:11 pm »

Nope, Autodesk Maya. It relates to blender as a church organ relates to a harmonica. (You CAN play anything you can play on a church organ on the harmonica as well, and it might be equally good music, but...)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 10:57:41 pm »

Okay I've got the basic frame done besides needing to wield them together. Now I ask ye peoples, what shall I decorate it with? First off heres the diagrams of it, he back plate is a pickaxe that is about 16" tall and 12" wide on the pick and the beam goes out about 20".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As ye can see in the second picture I'm thinking about putting a dwarf and B12 between the beam and the supporting arm and I'm putting spikes on the end of the beam with one curled enough to support a sign. I still need something to go on top of the beam and an actual sign to hang. I was thinking of making a sign that said either dwarf fortress or strike the earth but my teacher said that there might be enough room on top to put dwarf fortress on top which still leaves me out of a sign.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 03:51:12 am »

fuck yeah, I love the design for the lower part (the bay12 desing)

but I am not sure wether the pickaxe would suit it
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 08:45:01 am »

fuck yeah, I love the design for the lower part (the bay12 desing)

but I am not sure wether the pickaxe would suit it
Well the pickaxe and the frame has already been made, I figured the pickaxe would fit better *shrugs*. Still I'm trying to make this like and artifact and may try to send to toady if I get the chance. Ima try to make a stand for it so it can be placed on a table or something for the gatherings (I might make it so the stand makes the pickaxe look like a crossbow).

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 08:57:41 am »

it's not an artifact without engravings of itself on it, and spikes and rings and etc
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 01:47:44 pm »

Why didn't you use my design?  ???
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 10:58:24 pm »

Why didn't you use my design?  ???
It didn't seem quite dwarfy and I needed somewhere to put a pickaxe, mayhap a situation may arise that I might try your design but I think I might only beable to do the backplate in that case.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: metalworking: currently sign
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 10:04:44 pm »

Okay I moved the topic because I relized this would be the proper sub-forum for this kind of topic, I'm rather surprised noone said anything about it. I've also changed the title to broaden the spectrum into metalworking so that other people posting metalworking stuff is more relavent and hopefully turn this into a metalworking discution. My current project is still the sign (probably will finish or come close to finishing this friday) and suggestions of what should be the upper gusset are still welcome as I have no real idea what I want to put up there still.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: metalworking: currently sign
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 09:05:58 pm »

Okay the project has progressed and the frame is wielded together though I didn't have enough time to grind the wields down yet. I've also gotten the spikes made and are ready to be wielded in. Pics below
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2]