Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Emprisonment Mafia Discussion.  (Read 1639 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Emprisonment Mafia Discussion.
« on: September 22, 2009, 02:35:00 pm »

Seeing as my Red Vs Blue Election faied, It's time for a new idea. Emprisonment Mafia! The aim of this is still to correctly identify and lynch the mafia. All lynches result in the player being sent into prison. Their side will not be revealed, but their role will. They're still alive, but they don't have much to do except use the prison chat I'll set up. Only when a role kills you are well and truly dead. The townies win by making all scum dead or arrested. Scum win with the same conditions. And there are some intreseting roles too!

This is just a discusstion.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:23:01 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emprisonment Mafia-15 spots, get them while they still exist!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 03:14:03 pm »

Is it just me, or is this just a normal power-role-heavy Mafia game with heavy disadvantages for the scumteam?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 01:42:57 am »

I can make it so Mafia can be arrested?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 01:58:53 am »

Personally, I'd revamp it so that the Mafia have nightkills and, instead of lynching members, the town puts people in jail.  If they get all the scum in the jail simultaneously (and only scum), they win.

I'd suggest that the power roles also be largely oriented towards the movement of people in and out of jail for day roles/killing someone in jail, and then have night roles be prevented by jailing.  In that manner, one can attempt to deduce what a person's role is/does through careful manipulation of the people in jail at any one time.

It might also be kind of interesting to have two closed settings--in other words, those in jail can use night roles on each other, but the town doesn't hear anything about it (except for if people die/leave jail otherwise).

In this situation, I'd also think you wouldn't want to inform players of another player's role.  They should be able to deduce the roles from jail action/inaction.

.... Honestly, I think it would be a good idea to change this thread into discussion before asking for entrants, much like Religious Flame War Mafia did.  Then you can tweak yourself into an entertaining, novel, and well-balanced game  :)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:23:26 am »

OK... well, seeing as I have no idea on who to trust on this forums, I'll just trust you! Hold on, I'm gonna revamp the rules.