Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 56077 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Day 1.. well it's actually NIGHT but nm that.
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2009, 12:15:34 pm »

Hey Everyone.

My least favorite scum partner would be Toony, as he is a bit unpredictable.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2009, 12:35:15 pm »

Free Beer, it's because I tend to be more worried when ToonyMan's not randomly attacking people than when he is.  And why does Pandar deserve an FoS just for mentioning it?

If I proceed under the assumption that you are scum, you made a mistake with your anti-FoS: you just tried to bribe ToonyMan by claiming you thought he was town, thereby giving away the fact that you know more than you're supposed to. You'll notice I made that mistake in Vote Mafia 3, and Pandarsenic made that mistake in Beginner's Mafia 2. I'm not pulling things out of nowhere, here.

Pandarsenic called attention to it and then immediately dismissed it as "stupid" - this is significant since it prevents other people who noticed it from dwelling on it and possibly coming to the conclusion that you are scum. In short, Pandarsenic is covering your back, and he's also being subtle about it. The fact that you are reciprocating and defending him as well definitely does not look good for either of you.

Unvote. Vote Pandarsenic.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2009, 12:39:35 pm »

Hey Everyone.

I'm not unvoting you. You haven't answered either of my questions.

Free Beer: You're saying I'm scum because I considered what he said, then decided it wasn't as scummy as I'd initially thought, and decided to share my opinion of this?

And that bit about "bribery" is bullshit. "Bribing" never works on Bay12. It's too transparent.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2009, 12:44:37 pm »

Hey Everyone.

I'm not unvoting you. You haven't answered either of my questions.

Free Beer: You're saying I'm scum because I considered what he said, then decided it wasn't as scummy as I'd initially thought, and decided to share my opinion of this?

And that bit about "bribery" is bullshit. "Bribing" never works on Bay12. It's too transparent.

You also didn't say why you thought it was not as scummy. People who look at Leafsnail's action standalone would think "why did he do that?". After your post, people will instead think "Why is it stupid to think that scum would do that?". You've directed the way people consider that particular action.

As for bribing being "bullshit," I never said anything about the success rate. In fact, I explicitly labeled it as a mistake. And if it's so transparent, why aren't you faulting Leafsnail for it? I think you two are sticking up for each other way too much.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2009, 01:29:01 pm »

Org[1]: Pandarsenic
Apostolic Nihilist[1]: Vector
Pandarsenic[2]: Apostolic Nihilist, Free Beer
Leafsnail[1]: Toonyman
ExKirby[1]: Leafsnail
Free Beer[1]: ExKirby

Not voting: Diakron, Org

Note: Weekends are treated more lax attendance wise.  I'll make a proper judge on activity on Monday. 

Note 2: If over half the players are voting on one person or if all players are voting, a Day shortening can be requested.  A day extension can be asked so long as I see regular debate.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2009, 02:04:56 pm »

Yeah... Leaf, was that a random vote you placed on me? If so, why haven't you removed it? Just asking.

Anyway, tables seem to swing rapidly, so Unvote Vote Pandarsenic.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2009, 02:07:03 pm »

Yeah... Leaf, was that a random vote you placed on me? If so, why haven't you removed it? Just asking.

Do you have an explanation for that, or are you just bandwagoning?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2009, 03:48:28 pm »

Free beer why did you vote me then unvote me without even wating for a response? so far it is me and Panda that you have voted for. If you are scum don't be so obvious about it...

Org care to say something a little bit more then "No not him"?
Back to Mafia with me!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2009, 03:56:19 pm »

Unvote.

I vote Org for having said nothing useful or meaningful so far.  What are your thoughts on Day 1?

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2009, 04:09:20 pm »

Free beer why did you vote me then unvote me without even wating for a response? so far it is me and Panda that you have voted for. If you are scum don't be so obvious about it...

Org care to say something a little bit more then "No not him"?

Unvote.

He unvoted you because Pandarsenic was significantly more suspicious. I'm voting you because this is clearly suspect behaviour. He had no reason to vote you in the first place, unless you're scum, Diakron.

Are you?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2009, 04:18:23 pm »

i want it from free beers mouth err hands AN

also even if i was scum why would i not say: "I am not scum" ??

Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2009, 04:58:51 pm »

Unvote.

Vote ExKirby.  Atleast try to be helpful.  I hate bandwagoneers.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2009, 07:20:35 pm »

AN: the point of RVS is to get an answer from the person you voted for... unless your scum
Back to Mafia with me!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2009, 08:06:44 pm »

You also didn't say why you thought it was not as scummy. People who look at Leafsnail's action standalone would think "why did he do that?". After your post, people will instead think "Why is it stupid to think that scum would do that?". You've directed the way people consider that particular action.

As for bribing being "bullshit," I never said anything about the success rate. In fact, I explicitly labeled it as a mistake. And if it's so transparent, why aren't you faulting Leafsnail for it? I think you two are sticking up for each other way too much.

It's stupid for scum to draw attention to their partners. If mine did that to me, I would accuse him of trying to buddy up with me, an INNOCENT TOWNIE, and bus him.

I'm saying bribery never works and, like the OMGUS, is a null tell because everyone knows it never works.

ExKirby: Are you placing the third vote on me just for fun?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2009, 12:14:57 am »

AN: the point of RVS is to get an answer from the person you voted for... unless your scum

Or rather, the point is to apply pressure to someone in hopes that they'll crack.
Initially, everyone (townies) should be equally suspicious of everyone else.

If you poke someone, and they don't respond, then you poke someone else, trying to find someone who'll react.

If they react, you poke some more. If you see a few others poking the same person, and that person is beginning to break, then you might as well join in on the fun, right?

That was what happened. The more people poking and prodding one person, the more pressure they're going to be feeling. At least, theoretically.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41