Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 56085 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Day 1.. well it's actually NIGHT but nm that.
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2009, 12:45:32 am »

Exceeeept three people are voting me without having poked, skipping straight to the voting for no reason. I'd like to hear the explanations.

Nihilist, you never even asked me anything. Come on.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2009, 01:27:17 am »

I unvoted you just recently, actually. Diakron seems to be acting a bit stranger right now. Not necessarily scummy; he always acts scummy. Just, different.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2009, 02:59:40 am »

Well... ExKirby hasn't either. I don't recall having been asked any questions, actually. What, do you all intend to just ignore that I could be scum, as equal a probability as everyone else has? Question me!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2009, 08:18:57 am »

Vector and ToonyMan have been uncharacteristically silent. And I think most of us want a reason from ExKirby.

Free beer why did you vote me then unvote me without even wating for a response? so far it is me and Panda that you have voted for. If you are scum don't be so obvious about it...

Diakron, you're accusing me on grounds that I'm not exhibiting tunnel-vision. And what's wrong with voting for Pandarsenic?

Free Beer: You're saying I'm scum because I considered what he said, then decided it wasn't as scummy as I'd initially thought, and decided to share my opinion of this?

And that bit about "bribery" is bullshit. "Bribing" never works on Bay12. It's too transparent.

You also didn't say why you thought it was not as scummy. People who look at Leafsnail's action standalone would think "why did he do that?". After your post, people will instead think "Why is it stupid to think that scum would do that?". You've directed the way people consider that particular action.

As for bribing being "bullshit," I never said anything about the success rate. In fact, I explicitly labeled it as a mistake. And if it's so transparent, why aren't you faulting Leafsnail for it? I think you two are sticking up for each other way too much.

It's stupid for scum to draw attention to their partners. If mine did that to me, I would accuse him of trying to buddy up with me, an INNOCENT TOWNIE, and bus him.

I'm saying bribery never works and, like the OMGUS, is a null tell because everyone knows it never works.

ExKirby: Are you placing the third vote on me just for fun?

Pandarsenic, I agree that it is stupid for scum to draw attention to their partners. However, it is not stupid for scum to draw attention to townies - much like you did in Beginner's Mafia 2. I'll ask you again the question that you've been avoiding - why do you think Leafsnail is town?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2009, 10:22:36 am »

Seeing as everyone seems to think I'm bandwagoning, even though I have no idea what that means, Unvote. Actually, scrap that. After flicking through the pages, I'm split between Panarsnic and Diakron. Oh, yay. That would be my first ever FoS.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2009, 10:56:23 am »

The normally silent security guard shuffles after hearing ExKirby speak.  Although he appeared to be the 'big dumb type' his words come out articulate

A 'bandwagon' is when multiple players vote for the same person.  Although this must occur sometime for someone to be lynched, the term tends to insinuate times when the players start 'ganging up' on one player mostly because others are doing so.  It's a habit from Group Think and Follow the Leader mentalities. 

Why the hate?  A 'player that bandwagons' means that they aren't really thinking about their vote and just going along with the crowd.  At best, it's an poke to a townie saying they need to think for themselves.  At worse, it's a sign of a Mafia that is trying not to look passive by not voting, nor become too noticeable by attacking others.

The guard sniffs at the ones staring at him

"You thought that a bunch of newcomers would know more than a 10 year vet?" 

Org[2]: Pandarsenic, Leafsnail
Apostolic Nihilist[1]: Vector
Pandarsenic[2]:  Free Beer, ExKirby
ExKirby[1]: Toonyman
Free Beer[1]: Diakron
Diakron[1]: Apostolic Nihilist

Not Voting: Org

Deadline: Wednesday, 7th 11am EST

Sidenote: I'm finding it interesting that blue is becoming the official FOS color. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2009, 11:48:09 am »

Vector and ToonyMan have been uncharacteristically silent. And I think most of us want a reason from ExKirby.

Free beer why did you vote me then unvote me without even wating for a response? so far it is me and Panda that you have voted for. If you are scum don't be so obvious about it...

Diakron, you're accusing me on grounds that I'm not exhibiting tunnel-vision. And what's wrong with voting for Pandarsenic?

Free Beer: You're saying I'm scum because I considered what he said, then decided it wasn't as scummy as I'd initially thought, and decided to share my opinion of this?

And that bit about "bribery" is bullshit. "Bribing" never works on Bay12. It's too transparent.

You also didn't say why you thought it was not as scummy. People who look at Leafsnail's action standalone would think "why did he do that?". After your post, people will instead think "Why is it stupid to think that scum would do that?". You've directed the way people consider that particular action.

As for bribing being "bullshit," I never said anything about the success rate. In fact, I explicitly labeled it as a mistake. And if it's so transparent, why aren't you faulting Leafsnail for it? I think you two are sticking up for each other way too much.

It's stupid for scum to draw attention to their partners. If mine did that to me, I would accuse him of trying to buddy up with me, an INNOCENT TOWNIE, and bus him.

I'm saying bribery never works and, like the OMGUS, is a null tell because everyone knows it never works.

Pandarsenic, I agree that it is stupid for scum to draw attention to their partners. However, it is not stupid for scum to draw attention to townies - much like you did in Beginner's Mafia 2. I'll ask you again the question that you've been avoiding - why do you think Leafsnail is town?
I don't think Leafsnail is town. I just don't think that particular action he made was worth pursuing, at least at the time. It's a null tell.

Oh, and ExKirby, name your reasons or die. Honestly. If I won't vote with webadict when he's a confirmed townie until I hear his reasons, I sure as hell won't take this.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2009, 11:52:27 am »

Well, Exkirby, the reason why bandwagonning, or simply jumping on someone without reasons is bad, is because of the fundamental difference between what a scum player wants to happen during the day and what a town player wants.

A town player wants to get a scum player lynched, and therefore has to carefully investigate, prod and see if he can get people to exhibit scumtells.

A scum player doesn't care who gets lynched as long as it isn't him or his scumbuddy, and he'll probably jump on his buddy if it looks likely they'll be lynched.

So it would be a bad idea for a town to bandwagon, but for a scum player to avoid attention it can work well.  Therefore you have to check people who just seem to be changing votes a lot to avoid suspicion.

My vote remains on Org, however, for having still not said anything useful.  Comon, share your thoughts, please?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2009, 12:36:05 pm »

Ok, you want reasnoning? I'll see if there are quotes...

It's stupid for scum to draw attention to their partners. If mine did that to me, I would accuse him of trying to buddy up with me, an INNOCENT TOWNIE (Well, odds are that you are town. Stating that in bold seems scummist to me, as a deflecter.), and bus him.

Well... ExKirby hasn't either. I don't recall having been asked any questions, actually. What, do you all intend to just ignore that I could be scum (Maybe so, but when three people point the gun at you, you usually try to give reasoning on their own accord.), as equal a probability as everyone else has? Question me!
I don't think Leafsnail is town. I just don't think that particular action he made was worth pursuing, at least at the time. It's a null tell.

Oh, and ExKirby, name your reasons or die. Honestly. If I won't vote with webadict when he's a confirmed townie until I hear his reasons, I sure as hell won't take this. (And what do you mean by that?)

Little flicks of the eye that, for me at the least, say a lot.

Now, back to the matter at hand. Many people say I'm bandwagoning. I don't mean to, I'm just making rookie mistakes. And I've made a lot... oh well, I'm new. What do you expect? And seeing as the tables have turned, Unvote Vote Diakron. He seems... mildly scummish... I just can't put my finger round why...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2009, 02:05:44 pm »

How many scum are here, three?  No, there's only nine players.

Org is scum for lurking, how much has he posted, once?  He's getting piled on and still hasn't said anything.  Maybe he's hoping for his scum mate to save him?!  Whatever, he did the same thing in Paranormal 8.  He's probably going to come on saying, "I'M MAKING HAM SANDWICH LOLWUT."

ExKirby or Leafsnail is the other scum ball.  ExKirby for trying to bandwagon Pandarsenic and realizing he's been found out going after good old Diakron.  Leafsnail, well...I don't know really.  I voted him in the beginning.  :-D

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2009, 02:08:51 pm »

There are two scum.

*Took a bit to resist the Jean-Luc reference*

I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2009, 02:36:20 pm »

Org always lurks; I'm not so sure about him.

ExKirby, I'm not unvoting you. Diakron is an easy lynch, like, always. I'm not so sure about him. I think now that you've been called out on your bandwagon and are drawing votes, you're trying to draw votes to an easy target because you're desperate to not be the lynch.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2009, 02:54:10 pm »

Looks like I'm gonna be lynhed... but I don't want the town to lose a lynch... Is it legal for a suicide?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2009, 03:19:10 pm »

Can't autokill yourself, but you can vote for yourself.

The day shortening can only be requested once 50% of the town is voting on the same person (5 at the moment).
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2009, 04:06:49 pm »

unvote

Exkirby I always seem slightly scummy i just can't help it.

Org talk to us or die.
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41