Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 69569 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over
« Reply #825 on: October 26, 2009, 03:15:19 pm »

We're going to try to avoid that in the future. At least, I'm trying to avoid any easy ways to get CTs.

In any case, Round 11 now has sign-ups open.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #826 on: October 26, 2009, 03:42:25 pm »

So, after reading the Cult chat, I'm glad that I actually just kidnapped web rather than scan him and kidnap him the next night (if he turned out to be cult).  Looks like I would have been dead rather than jetting off to the stars.

On the other hand, I was talking with both the Scientist and the CT so I had the Intel and the claim list.  That's how I knew that web was Cult rather than being told directly by the Scientist. CT + Intel is an overpowerful combination.

Also, if we ever get another CT again, please let it be a more active one!
Let's NOT get a CT.
CTs are fine.  Easy CTs are not.  If you have to work for it and sacrifice half the town to confirm a townie, then you have a powerful tool.  It's just when you can kill one person to get a CT that things get squirrelly.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 26, 2009, 03:44:14 pm »

So, after reading the Cult chat, I'm glad that I actually just kidnapped web rather than scan him and kidnap him the next night (if he turned out to be cult).  Looks like I would have been dead rather than jetting off to the stars.

On the other hand, I was talking with both the Scientist and the CT so I had the Intel and the claim list.  That's how I knew that web was Cult rather than being told directly by the Scientist. CT + Intel is an overpowerful combination.

Also, if we ever get another CT again, please let it be a more active one!
Let's NOT get a CT.
CTs are fine.  Easy CTs are not.  If you have to work for it and sacrifice half the town to confirm a townie, then you have a powerful tool.  It's just when you can kill one person to get a CT that things get squirrelly.
"Everyone action me!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 26, 2009, 03:45:17 pm »

Yeah, Agent + Telepath will create a CT, but you need to lose two powerful roles or also sacrifice a detective and another telepath in order to confirm their results.  Plus, "everyone target me" creates WIFOM due to the possibility of a cult PWV or a cult journalist ("Ah, so these are the people we need to take out...").

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 26, 2009, 04:00:57 pm »

If you read Dead Chat you'll notice that my lynch was very confusing. Humaan, what made you think I was scum. Also, after reading his Night 2 PM, I understand why Nuke thought he wasn't warden'd.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 26, 2009, 04:56:41 pm »

The assumption was, Nuke guarded Humaan and the cult tried to kill Humaan. I don't think Humaan even considered the possibility of Nuke being the actual target of the night kill.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 26, 2009, 05:22:53 pm »

Yeah, I suppose Nuke might've thought that the thing preventing him from leaving his house was the cultist rather than a warden.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 26, 2009, 05:27:54 pm »

Hint for the future: If I tell you that you feel like you're being wrapped in invisible chains, you've just been targeted by a Psychic Warden. Granted, I won't always make it that obvious, but talking about invisible chains is my way of saying what's going on with the psychic warden's powers.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 26, 2009, 05:30:30 pm »

And I suppose if he hadn't been roleblocked the flavour would've had him going to Humaan's house, hanging around for a bit THEN going back home and getting killed.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 26, 2009, 08:12:46 pm »

Meph: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42373.msg835070#msg835070 -you failed to close a bold in role PMs (this was a problem in one of the other games, I think) and Night 1 does not indicate to whom the PM is.

quibble at All: a TOME is a book. TOMB is where you put a dead body.

Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 26, 2009, 08:31:28 pm »

The bold text has been fixed.
Come play Mafia with us!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 26, 2009, 09:41:29 pm »

Scum won that because I chose the town conveniently. If I had picked AN instead of Toony, the scum wouldn't have had that kill.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 26, 2009, 10:55:38 pm »

Scum won that because I chose the town conveniently. If I had picked AN instead of Toony, the scum wouldn't have had that kill.
I wanted to yell at them about obviousness.

"He SAID there was Intel!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 27, 2009, 04:13:00 am »

Question, RedWarrior0.  You knew there was a Cult Hunter in game.  So why did you claim Cult Hunter to humaan?  It could've got you lynched as an Exterminator or somethin' if you weren't lucky.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 27, 2009, 04:53:25 pm »

I didn't really think about it, I guess. Would've been better if I originally claimed Scientist with Intel, probably.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]