Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 68943 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over
« on: September 24, 2009, 06:14:14 pm »

Ok, Paranormal Round 10 is starting!

I'll try to keep this post updated with the info on who's alive, dead, and who's role-flipped

Player-list
  • Pandarsenic - Cult Telepath
  • Mr.Person - Town War Vet
  • eduren - Town Psychic Warden
  • Kashyyk - Town Psychic Warden
  • chaoticjosh - Town Reporter
  • JanusTwoface - Alien Cult Hunter - Victorius
  • Humaan - Town Heroic Guard
  • ToonyMan - Townsperson - Abducted
  • Frelock - Cult Medium
  • Leafsnail - Watcher - Abducted
  • forsaken1111 - Town Goth
  • Jim Groovester - Town Observant Guard
  • Muchenik - Town Disciple of Truth
  • webadict - Cult Disciple of Truth - Abducted
  • RedWarrior0 - Alien Scientist - Victorious!
  • Apostolic Nihilist - Cult Leader - Abducted
  • NUKE9.13 - Town Heroic Guard
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 01:55:04 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 06:14:42 pm »

Here are the current rules:

Here is the (current) list of possible roles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Definitions:
    Doppelganger: These foul creatures kill and eat humans, taking on all of their memories and abilities. Once they have a form, most doppelgagners cannot change again. They are a flawed species, and possess and uncontrollable bloodlust forcing them to kill and eat humans each night. Their goal is to destroy all of the humans in the town and make their way out into the larger world.
    The Cult of the Great Old Ones: A group of Fanatics attempting to summon their Dark Gods to this earth. To do so, they need human sacrifices. With the latest events, they figure doppelgangers and aliens should work just as well. Maybe even better. Each night they get a Night kill, just like the Dopps. They are an anti-town faction, and win when all other groups are dead. This includes Doppelgangers and Aliens. Unlike the other groups, they'll happily kill the Survivor Alien at the end of the game. They can use his blood, too. Although the Survivor will win in a tie if there are three groups left (he'll run away and the others fight it out).
    Night Kill: Any kill that happens during the Night Phase. The Doppelgangers and Cultists each get 1 Night Kill as a group, in addition to any allowed by Roles.
    Morningkill: A morning kill happens between the day and night phase, and cannot be prevented by abilities that prevent night kills. (Such as the Protector)
    Abduction: When a player abducts another player, two things happen. First, the abducted player is role-blocked for the night. Second, that player is removed from play for that night (and possibly the game). While removed, they cannot be the target of any other night action and cannot vote or be lynched during the day. Exceptions: The Paranoid War Vet and Sentry Gun are not role-blocked by an abduction, and will kill the player attempting the abduction. Abducted players are not role-flipped until their abductor leaves the game.

I've written a perl script to pick roles and whatnot randomly. It has some rules that it follows, but it should make for a nice amount of randomness to the set-up. Note that while I'll generally just go with whatever it spits out, I may make modifications to the set-up in order to make a more interesting game or to test out a specific feature. Also note that I will intentionally mess or not mess with stuff just to screw up anyone depending on the Gambler's Fallacy.

Not all roles are guaranteed. In fact, it's quite possible to have a game with nothing but normal doppelgangers and humans.
There will only be, at most, 2 of any given role per side for Humans and Doppelgangers (other then townsperson, normal doppelganger, and cultist)
There can only be 1 of each Alien Role in a game. An Exterminator can have either an Operative or a Controlled Doppelganger working with him, not both.

General Rules:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Feel free to ask for clarification on any rule.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 04:50:22 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:17:22 pm »

The Ski Resort was quiet that day. It was the middle of the week, and very few guests had showed up. And, with the scarcity of guests most of the workers went home early as well. There were just a few of you around to witness the storm. It rose up suddenly, dark clouds gathering around the mountaintop and flickering with hidden lightening. With a great roar a massive avalanche rushed down the mountain, tearing up trees and completely blocking the pass to the resort. Sealing you in, underneath those dark skies.

At first you weren't too worried. There is plenty of food stocked at the resort, and the generators have fuel to last weeks if necessary. This isn't the first time the pass has been closed, after all. But then...then one of the park rangers disappeared in the night. The next night, it was a guest. And people began seeing hooded figured walking through the snow at night, and one woman claims they dragged off her husband. She was gone the following night. Another guest claimed to see strange lights in the sky, half-seen behind trees. Strange stuff is going on. Dark things, and none of you feel safe. The manager of the resort is found missing the next day, and words scrawled in blood on a wall of his office.

To bring the Cold Flame
  Requires the heat of Life
  Your blood shall spill
  To grant us Might

With just seventeen of you left, you gathered together to compare notes. It seems that a few of you have seen the hooded figures, and as best you can tell there are four of them out there. Four of them...in here with you. You'll have to root them out and kill them before they sacrifice you all to bring this 'Cold Flame'. Whatever that is.

Ok, Day 1 has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday

Note: The Alien Watcher role is a possibility for this game! If there is one, he will get a list of all players who PM'd or posted in a Quicktopic that day (although not what was said or to whom). Also, remember that the Watcher wants the game to last until day 8, at which point he would win and everyone else will lose.

There are Four Cultists this game. Have fun!
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:21:56 pm »

Hello, Frelock. You killed my father, you must die.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:24:24 pm »

RedWarrior0, why are you the zeroth RedWarrior?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 06:26:59 pm »

It's like the Shining, but with aliens, and cultists!

Humaan, your name is a slight mutation of human. That sounds like something an alien might do to hide his identity around humans. An alien... who can't spell.

I'm trying to trawl through Paranormal 9 right now, to get a better idea of what can happen in these games.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 06:29:41 pm »

Jim Groovester, I vote you for two reasons:

1: What kind of alien?
2: I hate disco

@ eduren: Because zero is the best number

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 06:35:03 pm »

I vote............ToonyMan!  What have you done with the real one?!

Unvote.

I vote Webadict for being SCUM!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 06:36:03 pm »

WEBADICT IS SCUM SCUM MCCULT.

LYNCH HIM OR DIE.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 06:40:03 pm »

Jim Groovester, I vote you for two reasons:

1: What kind of alien?
2: I hate disco

1. One that can't spell.
2. Me too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 07:10:33 pm »

Hello, Frelock. You killed my father, you must die.

No Mr. Person; I AM your father!

Oh, and your mother was a wookie from Kashyyk!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 07:40:07 pm »

Humaan, your name is a slight mutation of human. That sounds like something an alien might do to hide his identity around humans. An alien... who can't spell.

I'm trying to trawl through Paranormal 9 right now, to get a better idea of what can happen in these games.

Nothing to see here...

Now lets actually get serious. Personally, I'm looking for that one Mr.Person in my life...

If you WERE a alien, what would you choose for items?

Edit: I just realized, we still have to find cult/dopp. In either of these cases, who would you try to kill.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:45:55 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 07:53:18 pm »

Nothing to see here...

Now lets actually get serious. Personally, I'm looking for that one Mr.Person in my life...

Edit: I just realized, we still have to find cult/dopp. In either of these cases, who would you try to kill.

Why would we want to start taking things seriously are you trying to protect Diakron

Edit: Messed up my quoting.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 08:02:01 pm »

Nothing to see here...

Why would we want to start taking things seriously are you trying to protect Diakron

Edit: Messed up my quoting.

I'm just trying to cross-examine. Personally, I want to win the game. So we try to find them.

Personally, just reading a bit more, it appears we have a cult outbreak (based off the strange text). I would have to think there is a Goth, but thats just my opinion.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 08:10:32 pm »

I NEED NO PROTECTION!!! i have a Nuke9.13
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 56