Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A suggestion super list suggestion  (Read 1375 times)

Peepshow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A suggestion super list suggestion
« on: September 25, 2009, 09:01:27 am »

Just something I've been wanting to suggest. Whenever an idea is suggested (like the gang system) it eventually melts away into the background and new people to the forum, such as myself, will only know about them by chance or if someone working on that feature makes a release. My suggestion is just to have a big list pinned with everything in it. It would be divided into a few sub lists based on its current status along with any useful links. Hopefully this will prevent thread clones and entice any new comers to LCS to stick around. For example:

Future release features - Features Jonathan has said will be included in future releases.

Other release's features - For other versions of the game. I believe someone is working on a Stalinist Crime Squad. Things like that would go here.

Community wish list - What the community wants to see in the game and has agreed either by vote or with a general consensus.

In discussion - Ideas that haven't been rejected but are still in discussion about how to balance etc.

Rejected ideas - Ideas that are deemed to unbalance the game to much or not fitting in within the context of the game. Or are retarded.

Rejected but has interest - Ideas that are wanted but can't seem to fit into the main game. If a fix is found it can be put into the in discussion list. A good place for ideas for other releases.

I'd be happy to make and maintain the list myself. If someone could help me by providing links to relevant threads or can provide information directly then it would speed the process up.
Any thoughts?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: A suggestion super list suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 04:31:12 pm »

You'd want to lock it so as to limit the size, and use a seperate topic for suggestions.

Do realize you'll have to fight off those people with factially identical but different-worded ideas.  Just want you to know what you're signing up to do.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 05:25:56 pm »

Yeah, the limit is 40,000 characters.  Discovered that while writing my story.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 09:43:44 am »

it just came to me that in a C+ nightmere wold the CCS shoud not be call " a grop of worthless M16-toting  hicks" but brave band of moden day minte men standing up aginst the madness of the lCS.or some thing
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Peepshow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:58:38 am »

@ Funk, ??? I think your posting in the wrong place.

I've started compiling a list of all the ideas in the forum. It's taking ages! More than a few come with a massive text wall. I'll post an example list here for everyone to have a look before making the "real" one.

Peepshow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 02:12:23 pm »

I think I've managed to find a good chunk of all the suggestions out there. These are in no particular order right now. I'll sort them all into different lists later. I've included links to a few of them if they have a text wall, good description, are a list of different ideas etc. There will likely be spelling errors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Links to threads
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:15:51 pm by Peepshow »

kotor39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 08:08:17 pm »

1 word- yes

Peepshow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 05:54:41 am »

Any chance of you expanding on that Kotor? I'm not sure what your saying yes to.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 06:11:31 am »

Huzzah! One of my suggestion thread are on there.  :D
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Antagonist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 01:56:57 pm »

There IS a Sourceforge feature requests tracker.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=198808&atid=966962

Dunno if its suited for this and easy to browse, but it exists and we can use it.  At the very least we should start using the bug tracker, or else track all the reported bugs somehow as well.