Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Pyramimd building?

<< < (5/5)

Itnetlolor:
Pardon my asking, but, what kind of visualizer is that? That looks awesome.

Qwernt:

--- Quote from: Sphalerite on September 27, 2009, 12:23:03 pm ---On my first attempt to build a giant pyramid I didn't know about the Z-level limit.  My pyramid reached 14 levels high, then I couldn't build anymore.

I have just created a map with a flat sand desert, open magma pipe, and 39 Z-level tall mountain in one corner.  Giant glass pyramid fortress is underway.

--- End quote ---
HHmm...  How Giant is yours?  Currently working on a green class one ~117 wall units per side for the base (though I made the walls 5 thick).  I will only be able to go up 19 levels, so it will be a step pyramid with ramps, but thus far it is looking pretty good (2.5 levels done) ~10k blocks used.

Xzalander:

--- Quote from: Itnetlolor on November 13, 2009, 12:57:44 pm ---Pardon my asking, but, what kind of visualizer is that? That looks awesome.

--- End quote ---

Its Stonesense. Atfirst I hated it compared to Visual Fortress but it does work well :D

The Threads here

glueheaded:
I've been building a pyramid as my first megaproject. The base is 35x35 and I plan to make it really shallow, though I've decided to make it hollow. Does anybody else find filling up a megaproject with walls annoying?

Xzalander:

--- Quote from: glueheaded on November 13, 2009, 04:43:35 pm ---I've been building a pyramid as my first megaproject. The base is 35x35 and I plan to make it really shallow, though I've decided to make it hollow. Does anybody else find filling up a megaproject with walls annoying?

--- End quote ---

Thats why most prefer the casting method of making Projects, and then digging out the features as required. Its easier in the end result, has more set up time and has less chance for Fun.

Which is why I prefer building my megaprojects with as little unnessecary scaffold as possible :D

Trappping dwarves on a single tile which they have to channel to get out? No problem.

5z-level drop knocking him out for 4 years? No problem.

Needing a Miner to divert a flood flow a season afterwards? Priceless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version