Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: My Country is Worse!  (Read 6900 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Country is Worse!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 01:44:47 am »

Australia is worse because it's not New Zealand.

I sort of, kinda miss the place.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 03:51:50 am »

HA, my country is worse than all of yours. Combined. BY FAR.

Lebanon is worse, because, hmm, I'm gona need a list for this:
-Its a tiny 3rd world country
-In the middle east
-North of Israel (who kicks our ass every 2 days)
-There has been and still is political turmoil here since the Ottoman Empire invaded it, like, very very very long ago.
-We dont have a goverment. No really. And I dont just mean that the guys calling themselves the government are corrupt clowns (which they are), I mean that no one in the whole country can agree on who should be the government and who shouldnt, thus rendering the current government and any who replaces it worthless and powerless since no one cares about what they say/do/order. The goverment people are just there to screw the people out of their tax money.
-We have electrical shortages every day. And not accidental ones. Its SUPPOSED to be that way, since the government doesnt have enough money to keep the powerplant giving electricity for the whole country 24/7, so they cut off electricity to random parts of the country whenever they damn feel like it. (good thing my region has private power generators. Most arent that lucky)
-Oh, did I mention we also have religious conflicts? Well yes we do! Between muslims and christians, and between the subsets of these two religions.
-Rules? Laws? Fuck them all. There's no government enforcement to speak of, so the only 'law' is that the guy with the most money/contacts is the guy that is right and can fuck you over and out of your land/belongings/right/life without giving a second thought.
-Pollution. We dont have any industrial processes to speak of in the whole country, but somehow there is no non-polluted river and no piece of land not filled with garbage.
-No potable running water to houses. There is the underlying infrastructure for it, they CHARGE us for it in the bills, yet IT IS NEVER AVAILABLE (unless you happen to be the rich government/military official owning that 5000m2 estate and 30 villas).
-All main roads are chockfull of static traffic between 8AM and 8PM.
-All non-main roads are the rough equivalent to what you westerners call 'cross-country'
-Internet stinks here. I believe I have one of the best internet services in the country: Top speed 60kb/s, normally around 20kb/s, and monthly limit of 4GB download. Mind you, that's one of the BEST in the country. And is only available near the capital ofcourse.
-Job opportunities: Nil. You want a job, screw you, go get a job in some other country (the Arab Emirates is a good and popular choice). Oh but, I forgot to mention: there are only maybe, like, 3 universities in the country who's degrees are recognized outside of the country (and even those arent really recognized in all western countries). If you happen to be too poor to pay the thousands of dollars of tuition for those, well, screw you even more. (Average income per capita: ~5000$. Average tuition of any worthwhile uni: ~10000$)

I could go on and on, but this is depressing for me. I'm just lucky I'm so well off compared to most of the others in the country.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 04:54:14 am »

Sydney is worse because it's rained mud before, literally. That is when it's not switching between being searing hot and cold. It's entirely possible to be lying in the sun, feel freezing cold because of the wind, and get sunburnt.

Because it's one of the most technically educated cities in the world, it's extremely difficult to get a technical job here. Even that guy who works at a certain fast food joint in Randwick here knows how to program better than most of you (no exaggeration). Man, when you have guys who can fricking re-invent the Internet flipping burgers, it's pretty obvious that you can't really get a job as a research monkey.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 06:22:10 am »

That's why we need guys like my friend who can apply calculus to a 4D number matrix and actually make sense of the nonsense that comes out.

And he's studying vidjeo game design.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 08:35:17 am »

That's why we need guys like my friend who can apply calculus to a 4D number matrix and actually make sense of the nonsense that comes out.

And he's studying vidjeo game design.

hey, I do that!
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 02:54:37 pm »

Florida sucks because our residents used to be tourists; and they're destroying land to build more massive empty houses/monoliths (Thanks to real estate bullcrap).

Okay, I just hate tourism overall. You see a pretty place, 6 months later, nothing but houses and barely any wildlife. The only wildlife we have here are drunken morons. (And not even enjoyable dorfy kind either; no, we're besieged by elves, and we're losing!!)

Our best line of defense is that we're a shark capital. Sharks don't attack locals at all. An import of carp will do us nicely.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:00:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2009, 07:24:39 pm »

Do half the people on this forum live in Australia?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2009, 09:07:04 pm »

Only the awesome half.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2009, 09:27:15 pm »

Only the awesome half.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2009, 05:46:30 am »

There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 06:18:11 am »

We really need our own thread, don't we?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2009, 06:18:44 am »

Yes, we do. Hop to it, and let us blight this thread no longer!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2009, 06:53:48 am »

My full sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4