Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shut Down sites... getting worried.  (Read 787 times)

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Shut Down sites... getting worried.
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:38:42 am »

I'm shutting down too many sites... trying to train up 1 pistol squad and 1 sword squad. An Assault Rifle squad is being planned too. Oh dear. What happens if I shut down the entire city? I'll have nowhere to go except the commercial district and hospitals? That seems like a bad idea... Any idea how to train these guys up without shutting down so many sites?

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shut Down sites... getting worried.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:49:12 am »

Wait. Limit yourself to 2-3 attacks a month and keep the bloodbath down. Sometimes it can be worth putting a site into high security for the extra killings.

They'll reopen shortly. Or "Longly"

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:25:22 am »

I can't train up my fighting squads then! BOO!!!

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:31:46 am »

You can train them, it just takes time. Go in, kill 1 or 2 people and leave. When it's in high security go back and kill everyone you can untill u crawl out of the exit. Don't stay for the SWAT teams.

Repeat for most sites, then crank it up. Move to onto harder targets and don't stay around for long. After a while, move back to the targets you cleared at the begining and repeat.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:40:55 am »

But only 2-3 attacks a month? What would I do in between?

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 11:44:56 am »

2 attacks per site per however long it takes to reopen.

Have you even thought of waiting? It's not hard, just hold W down.

Or recruit

Or train juice

Or rob the CEO Residence.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:19:02 pm by Coronel_Niel »

Demonic Pancake

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear the pancake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 08:25:44 am »

I always go to the genetics lab to train fighters. You walk in, open cages until you find one with mutations in it, and then kill them and walk out. With police body armor their attacks fail most of the time and the site will never be closed down unless you kill someone on the way out.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 10:12:52 am »

I don't know how common this is but I managed to shut down an apartment building just by training my thief character and spraying graffiti all over the walls to further the liberal cause.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:24:05 pm »

Wow, I've heard rumors, but I thought that was changed.  Awesome.

Keep the AM Radio Station and the Cable News station closed continuously.  It'll pay off quickly.  Closing down the other areas is of little benefit.  But I tend to close down the Factories on the theory that closed factories don't pollute.  It doesn't have an in-game effect, other than the pollution controls issue getting a boost with each site action, but it is thematic and fun.

The problem with closing down areas is that it deprives you of the area.  Thus, closing down the Police Station, Court House, and Prison deprives you of the ability to rescue liberal held at these locations, and the ability to liberate prisoners therein.  Closing down the Sweatshop deprives you of Sweatshop Workers and Fine Cloth.  You'll get more impact by conducting multiple site actions per month at these sites instead of one closing action.  But only the Police Station actually hurts your cause by closing it down (the public gets more sympathetic to Police whenever you attack the Police Station, wanting to reduce restrictions on Police Officers, counter to your cause), but you can't get raided by the police when the Police Station is shut down.  So generally, don't worry too much if most of the town is closed down.