Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uprising: A Liberal Let's Play of Liberal Revolution (56K Killer) 4th Part Out!  (Read 3262 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

(Well, I'll be writing a story of an LCS game from the founder's perspective. No metagaming, so this should be fun! :D I'll be taking suggestions for a slogan!)

Hi. My name is Kurt Taylor.

I was born in Trenton, New Jersey, the day the Macintosh was introduced. In a way, that kind of sums up my life right there: always second to a corrupt monopoly of greed and lies.

I lived in a fairly normal household, I guess, the screaming matches, the fights. I wasn't the most innocent kid, either. More than once, my parents took a break from their fights to ground me and hide my toys, but I was able to find them.

School was a reprieve from my parents, and elementary school was okay. I had a few close friends and times were good. I had a good sense of humour, and I was always able to make my friends laugh.

My parents divorced when I was ten. I walked in on my mom giving head to the balding divorce lawyer that enable her to take my dad for everything he had.

Those were the end of the happy days, with tension in the house so thick you could cut it with a knife, the boxes piling up as my parents got ready to move out of the house, the smoldering glares across the dinner table. A nice diversion from all this was the guitar Uncle Jeffery gave me. I sucked, but my friends and I formed a grunge band anyways. We sucked, but so did life.

Things got really bad when I was sent to live with my dad. My mom had a new boy-toy who didn't like the sullen, moody, kid I had become, and after a month or two of subtle insults, I exploded. I broke the son of a bitch's nose, and I got sent to live the drunken 'Nam vet. I tried to stay on his good side, he'd take me out into the country every so often to hunt, but there were bad times. After some of the more vicious arguments, he'd beat me, and there were other times were he'd get a faraway look in his eyes, get the knife he had in the Army, and start sharpening it. These times were worse than the beating. He'd sharpen the knife for hours, and when I walked into the living room, he'd look at me. For a second, he wasn't seeing his son, and I could've sworn the bastard was an inch away from killing me on reflex alone.

My middle school days were filled with anger. I was pissed off at my parents, school, and life. My friends stuck by me and we formed a clique of weirdos, nerds, and freaks. We had free reign over the school computers, the jocks didn't dare lay a finger on us, and when Denny Morgan got the shit beaten out of him by Daniel Clark, we cornered him after school against his car, broke his wrist, and I slit the car tires while Peter and Jeffery held down the son of a bitch. Danny knocked out six of the bastard's teeth, broke his nose, and actually gouged the asshole's right eye. He got expelled, and the rest of us suspended for a month and put on probation, but we took care of our own.

At home, my dad was getting worse. He'd scream at night, he would wake up sullen and angry, and the beatings got worse. After having a shoulder broken from being struck by a chair during a fight that was close to murderous, I got out. I dropped out of school because, fuck it, I was smart enough to make it on my own. I needed money, so I wound up getting a job for Smiley Burgers, a vast international franchise that destroyed the environment, oppressed it's employees and slowly killed America, one fattening burger at a time. I was fifteen and I was already absorbed into a vast corporate machine. I wasn't stupid, however, and I lived on the street or in crack-houses, saving my money for the future. Life went on.

On my eighteenth birthday, I went to a party down the block from the abandoned house I was currently sleeping in. I had a bit too much to drink, and after I had sat down for a while, a law student named Jo Templeton sat down beside me. She grabbed my leg after a moment of small talk, and we ended up having some fun in an upstairs bedroom. We've been dating when her schedule allows it, and I think I might actually be in love.

I passed my GED with ease, and I've been using my savings to attend a local college. My education has showed me how much the world needs help, and I'm going to help by freeing my country of corporate-controlled politics, drive the crazy Conservatives out of this country, and help establish justice for all.

The new President seems ready to trample whatever freedoms America has left, and I'm not going to take it lying down.

Part 2 is out!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:08:42 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising: A Liberal Story of Liberal Revolution
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 02:53:53 pm »

What happened to the other story?  I miss the three crazy chicks.

But this looks fun too.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising: A Liberal Story of Liberal Revolution
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:48:24 pm »

You could always just print screen, put it into Paint, and crop whatever you don't want.

EDIT: Oops never mind

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising: A Liberal Let's Play of Liberal Revolution (Screenshot Heavy!)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:39:44 pm »

You could always just print screen, put it into Paint, and crop whatever you don't want.
Actually, after a quick Google search, I discovered Alt+PrintScreen takes a shot of the active window. Thanks, anyways  :)

It's New Years Day. My head hurts from the hangover, my apartment doesn't look too bad, and there's a note on the bedside table from Jo telling me she's gone to work. I get out of bed and make some shitty coffee, throw on some clothes and head out the door. I was going to start the Liberal Revolution today, and I needed some recruits. Seeing as how I lived in an apartment building filled with idealistic college students, I shouldn't even have to leave the building to find some Liberals.

As I walk down the hallway, I meet two Liberals I vaguely know. One's a pale teacher teaching second-year Computer Science who helped me set my apartment's WiFi and the other is a nurse working at the Free Clinic four blocks away while she teaches Medicine. A bored looking Yoga Instructor is bemoaning the lack of dedication in her class. The small group is huddled together, talking about a wide range of topics.

I join the conversation, and slowly steer the topics into political ones. Neither of them are interested, and I realize this is going to be a long day.

Fifteen minutes of wandering around the hallways looking for Liberals later, I run into an Army Veteran who's taking college courses after completing his second deployment. He seems nice, we talk about the war in the Mid-East for a bit, and I slowly begin talking about the injustices the government commits. He seems to agree, and I strike a chord when I begin talking about how the police regularly torture minority suspects. We talk some more. Zeke agrees to come by my apartment tonight for a beer and some more discussion.

Maybe this wasn't going to be as hard as I thought it would be. I meet a friend of mine a few minutes later, a self-described hippie, and I start talking politics. We talk about injustice for a bit, and then we move onto gun control. Paula agrees it's horrifying people can walk around armed and dangerous, and she agrees to stop by later tonight to talk some more.

Two recruits is enough for the first day, so I walk back to my place and  start preparing for tonight's meeting. Both go well, and for the next few days I head out and break people out of their routines by committing acts of activism. By night, I meet with the potential recruits. Paula thinks I'm a bit too Liberal, unfortunately, and decides to avoid me whenever possible. Zeke, however, sees that the country needs help to avoid descending into a Conservative Nightmare, and join the Liberal Revolution!

Zeke agrees to come with me when I go out to shake the people up, and before long, Zeke is filled with the drive to free the country from the plague of Conservative Thinking! Zeke says he knows a place where we could find lots of Liberals, so we decide to head on out to the Restful Carrot Juice Bar. We meet a nice Hippie, and I convince Jeffery to come over tonight and talk about Conservative Wrongdoing.

We meet an Author as well, one is ready to write about the crimes of the Conservative fascists! She decides to come over later tonight and seems excited, and I'm sure she'll make a good recruit!

Zeke and I set out to make some money to cover rent and be able to buy Liberal Supplies. Zeke heads to a local drugstore and purchases some chemicals and baking supplies. I set out to persuade people to donate to the cause, and Zeke sells 'special' brownies. Jeffery joins the Liberal Revolution, but our Liberal Writer decides we might take it a step too far. Jeffery disrupts Conservative notions through activism. He has a good sense for buisness, and he decides he can help the cause more by making and selling some more 'special' brownies.  Zeke takes most of our cash and heads out to a pawnshop while I'm asleep and buys an assault rifle. As much as I applaud his free-thinking, it won't help us cover rent.

We end up getting kicked out of Skye Apartments, so we head to a cheaper apartment in the Industrial District. Jeffery is cornered by the cops while selling, and decides to surrender peacefully, as he isn't much for running while being shot at.

He gets his one phone call and calls the apartment, and I call my beloved Jo, who agrees to cover Jeffery's case pro-bono. Zeke and I keep selling, although Zeke is much more bothered by Jeffery's arrest than I am. He makes speeches about how it isn't right for a Liberal brother to be arrested for what shouldn't be a crime. March rolls around, Congress passes a Conservative Law on Economic Stimulation that completely ignores the environmental damage the boon to industry will cause.

Jeffery is transferred to the Court House and as much as I applaud Zeke's spirit, he's getting a look in his eye I don't quite trust and spends a lot of time polishing that AR-15...

Part 3 is out!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 07:57:28 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 05:50:01 pm »

Uh oh. That sounds dangerous.

I'm enjoying reading this. ;D

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 07:55:47 pm »

(I'm taking suggestions for a slogan...)

I woke up on the fourth of March and Zeke was gone. This wouldn't normally concern me, since Zeke gets up earlier than I do to start selling, but the assault rifle is gone. I groan and get up quickly, throwing on my clothes and running out the door. I needed to get to the court house, fast. Unfortunately,  I didn't get there before Zeke was finished. From what the police officers at the site were allowed to tell me, there was an unsuccessful attempt to free prisoners.

I went inside the court house and asked around. Zeke had been killed trying to escape, but he killed a cop on the way out and wounded a unit of police officers in the firefight before being shot in the stomach and dying.

The evening paper had branded our righteous Liberal Revolution as a group of criminals. Our movement had been tainted by Zeke's foolish act of courage.

I was mad. I was pissed off at Zeke for getting himself killed, pissed off at myself for not stopping him, and pissed off at the cops for killing him. I entertained brief thoughts of heading out and buying a shotgun for a few days, at one point even heading into the pawnshop and seeing what they had to offer...

I resisted my urge to get vengeance, though. Getting myself killed wouldn't help matters at all. With Jeff still in prison, I needed to get more recruits. One of my buyers had told me a good place to meet people would be the Broccoli Rainbow Co-op, so I decided to head down there and see who I could find. The Co-op was a goldmine of Liberals, and I met loads of decent Liberals. I met three people who I thought would make good recruits, and they all agreed to swing by later. On my way out of the bar, however, I ran into a Conservative. As I walked by, he sneered and muttered, "Bet that one's a faggot..."

The anger that had been built up in me burst, and I grabbed the cheeky shit. He yelled, "Woah, fuck off!"

He swung at fist me, and I leaned back, the blow barely missing me. I kicked at me and hit him in the right leg, and the fight was on! After a lengthy exchange of blows, he fell down and began to cry. I picked him up and started hauling him out of the joint. After getting my enemy back to the apartment and tying him up to a chair in the closet, I held the meetings. The two hippies and the college students were very receptive.

Unfortunately, people had seen me with Zeke before, and when I beat the shit out of the Conservative punk, the papers assumed it was the work of the 'Liberal Crime Squad'.

It doesn't really matter, because nobody saw me haul the asshole out of the place, so I can have some time to show the kid how his thinking was wrong. He's hurt, so I'll be gentle for a bit, but if he can't change his ways, things are going to become painful...

The recruiting process is going well, with one Liberal backing out but with the remaining three ready to join the uprising. However, the process of changing how the cocky bastard thinks isn't going quite so well, and it's time to up the ante a little...

The bastard is good at resisting, but the two new recruits are promising, one a Hippie with some medical training, the odd hobby of training with a sword and a heart full of anger towards the conservatives for the crimes they've committed. With some activism under his belt, Sonny will make a fine fighter for peace and justice!

The other recruit is a rather masculine female who's talented at avoiding getting hurt. She writes essays on gender equality for a small, local, newspaper and decided she was ready to make more of a difference.

After we welcome her in, she takes me aside and asks if we could do that over, re-introducing her as Kris. I shrug, say "Sure." and she tells all of us to regard her as male from now on, because she always felt more like more of a boy when growing up, was quite a tomboy, and that streak didn't fade. We were all cool with that.

A few days of activism and interrogation later, Henry joins our uprising. Henry said he was only willing to play music for cash or commit acts of vandalism, nothing more and I regretfully told him that every one of our members had to be ready to do whatever it took to defeat the Conservative Menace, so we bid him goodbye.

Unfortunately, people have noticed the kidnapped Conservative is missing. I either have to turn him or kill him, now.

Fourteen days after we kidnapped the Conservative, he joined our cause, albeit grudgingly. Seeing as how he could easily incriminate us and had fired a handgun before. I thought of a way he could be useful. The next day Manny Probst went out and bought a .44 Magnum. The day after that, Manny arrived at the Cable News Station. Manny couldn't open the door, so he hammered on the door until someone came out. Two Janitors, two Office Workers and a Security guard came outside, all looking annoyed. The Office Workers were Conservative, so Manny thought it was prudent to subtly show one to the Magnum in his pocket and whisper, "Bitch, be cool." The worker paled and stayed close to Manny, but the Security Guard grew suspicious until he figured out what was going on...

Manny ran for it. When he got back to the apartment, he delivered orders regretfully: he was going to kill the hostage...He complied.

As Manny stood over the cooling body, I struck him over the head with a stolen shovel. Manny collapsed, dead. I looked at what I had done, turned my head to the side, and threw up. Fuck this, I needed to cool down. As Kris walked in from activism, I told him to get rid of the bodies. He started taking care of it as I walked outside. I went down to one of my old houses and blew off some steam before buying a shitload of alcohol and getting tanked.

Something had gone wrong there, and I felt less confidant in the Revolution than I did before. Sure, I knew in my heart it was going to succeed, but I didn't like what we were going to have to do to get that far. I guess you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs...

I took a few days off, slept in slum houses, and when I came back, I felt better. The other two were happy to see me, and later that night I called over Jo and told her what happened. She told me not to worry, and after two hours of fun, I had made up my mind that Jo was really good in bed and that I'd do whatever it took to free America.

Part 4 is out!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:09:43 pm by Little »

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:45:57 am »

MOARR!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 02:17:17 am »

MOARR!

I was busy today, but I'll update tomorrow. Glad to know someone is reading.  :)

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As March dew to a close, I dropped by the court house to see if I could check on Jeffery. The place was swarming with cops as a result of Zeke's ill-fated attempt to free Jeffery. On my way of getting the hell outta there, I did meet a cool Judge, who was happy to come by the apartment later for some discussion and brownies.

She seemed to have the embers of freedom glowing within her, and it was like pouring kerosene on them when I talked about gender and racial equality. Over the next few days, I'd slowly try to make her care about every Liberal Solution and Conservative Problem as much as she cared about equal rights.

Jeffery stood trial for distributing a controlled substance, but Jo was assigned paperwork by her boss after showing an interest in doing anything for next to nothing. The jury is surprisingly neutral, but the amount spent on prosecution by the Conservative Machine trumps the disinterested defense Jeffery's court-appointed drudges up. The cheap bastard didn't even try, as the jury left to consider, the Conservative Lawyers were grinning ear-to-ear...

The jackals tore him to shreds. Jeffery is declared a resounding guilty, and is sentenced to SIX YEARS in prison. By the time Jeffery is released, he'll be thirty-two, and if the country keeps teetering on the edge of a Conservative Dystopia, he won't have much to come back to...

I'm pissed off now. Jeffery's the victim of an unfair war and drugs, and I've had enough of the Conservatives shit. I call a Liberal Meeting and assign everyone to making money. I sell magic brownies while the other two panhandle in the name of Liberalism. Laura decides we take Liberalism too far and I never see her again, but we press on without her.

Near the end of April, we've collected over a grand and a half. Sonny heads out and buys a goddamn sword, a nasty grin on his face when he comes back. Kris and I head out to the pawn shop, and he buys a can of spray-paint while I buy a shotgun and some ammo. We're ready to strike back at Jeffery's captors, and I'll be damned if I see a Liberal wrongly convicted due to a War on Drugs meant to cripple the freedoms of Americans. I head out and steal a Van, then we all pile in and head for the prison...Halfway there, I turn the van around and head to the pawnshop. I buy a handgun, an idea forming in my head. We needed a map of the prison, and prison uniforms.

The first thing we needed to get were uniforms, which would make getting a map much easier. We drive on down to the Industrial District and give the door of McDonald Garment Makers a friendly knock...

We rush in! I'm disgusted by the squalor of the place, the piles of clothing lying around that certainly mean more to the owners than their slaves, and the fact that people are forced to live here. We free two oppressed Liberals from under the noses of their captors, and then we encounter two surly security guards making their rounds.

I open the festivities with a bang...

...and I hit the bastard in the kidneys! He howls in agony!

The other guard fire at one of the released slaves as Sonny swings and misses! Kris swings at the downed guard with the can of spray-paint and just misses, almost falling over as he backpedals. A few rounds of desperate combat and two shots from my smoking Magnum score me vengeance for those oppressed! The stink of the Conservative shit cannot overpower the stench of freedom!

Sonny steps forward and runs the other guard through before he has time to react. We quickly grab anything of use to the Revolution and flee. We would return with more force and in greater numbers later, but for now we shall bask in the glow of our Liberal Victory! The paper has recognized our battle at the Garment Makers, and although it tones it down and muddles the content with Moderate Confusion and Neutral Naivety, it has recognized the impact of our first raid against the forces of Conservative Injustice!

Our two new recruits (Kelsey Perez and Wanda McKinley)  make clothes for themselves and then begin their extensive regiment of Liberal Activism in order to fight themselves out of the hole Conservative Oppression and Brutality threw them into!

Glory to the Liberal Revolution!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Keep writing, it is worth reading.

Yeah, I tend to raid the prison more out of theatrics than tactics.  In reality, a low-level recruit is rarely worth breaking out of prison.  But, it sure is fun!  Besides, it gives me a goal for which to strive!

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile

Neis!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.