Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Conservative Crime Squad  (Read 48990 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Conservative Crime Squad
« on: September 29, 2009, 09:42:54 am »

Down with the Liberal Agenda!

Is someone willing to reverse Liberal Crime Squad to make the conservatives the 'good' guys...

It sorta seems relevant considering we are living in an increasingly liberal society. Conservatism for the win  :)!

PS - If such a mod has already been created please provide a link  ;D.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conservative Crime Squad
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:46:10 am »

It's possible, but many people will hate it. According to Toady, a L+ society is funny...a C+ society is just disturbing.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:49:36 am »

It's possible, but many people will hate it. According to Toady, a L+ society is funny...a C+ society is just disturbing.

I think they're probably just as bad as each other. I probably lean more to sympathize with the conservatives but only because I have a low faith in humanity.

But enough about that... This is about game mechanics! The conservatives are becoming the underdogs and we MUST have the chance to rage against the virtual liberal hate machine  :)!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:44:06 am »

I think they're probably just as bad as each other. I probably lean more to sympathize with the conservatives but only because I have a low faith in humanity.

But enough about that... This is about game mechanics! The conservatives are becoming the underdogs and we MUST have the chance to rage against the virtual liberal hate machine  :)!

I think what they tried to say is that L+ laws such as animals as people are goofy, while C+ laws like deathsquads, making women and minorities second class citizens are disturbing.
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:54:11 am »

I think what they tried to say is that L+ laws such as animals as people are goofy, while C+ laws like deathsquads, making women and minorities second class citizens are disturbing.

Since when was LCS trying to be politically correct  :(? The game simulates a lot of disturbing stuff, AKA - kidnap, torture, murder, indoctrination... etc...

Surely it wouldn't be hard to reverse the game so that the player could lead the CSS?

I'd consider doing it myself if I had the book-smarts necessary.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 11:55:35 am »

Wouldn't work.  This entire game is satire, basically - a fantasy world which is how some activists describe it, a world where conservatives are like a huge, fascist group of conspirators and Liberals and free, open minded underground society.  For Conservative Crime Squad to work, the world would have to be created from their point of view.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 12:04:33 pm »

Wouldn't work.  This entire game is satire, basically - a fantasy world which is how some activists describe it, a world where conservatives are like a huge, fascist group of conspirators and Liberals and free, open minded underground society.  For Conservative Crime Squad to work, the world would have to be created from their point of view.

It isn't possible to imagine the fantasy world as a conservative nightmare where liberalism has sent everything into an anarchic spiral? Where thugs roam the streets burning flags and beating up CEO's?

I might be the only person (which is quite a disturbing thought) to have no sympathy for the liberals while I'm playing. They kill people to achieve their ends and Toady has made sure that it is portrayed as pretty brutal and senseless. I don't see the grand evil in playing the game from a conservative perspective?

LCS is a satire on violence for political ends... Not on any kind of agenda... I don't think Toady made the game to show everyone how great liberalism is... Nor how evil Conservatism is...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:07:35 pm by The13thRonin »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 12:11:13 pm »

The problem is: What sort of issues would the CCS really take? What would be the CCS' position on, say, the death penalty? I can't really think it would be anything other than "death penalties for all"? How about abortion? Would the CCS still call abortion "Fetus Murder"? Should the CCS really back torture for criminals?

No, the CCS shouldn't be politically correct. In fact, the main appeal in a CCS game is that the CCS is fighting for a world that is anti-CCS. A world where all liberals are armed with guns and will shoot CCS at a moment's notice. A world where the police are unrestrained by morals and will break each CCS agent down into whimpering cowards. A world where Conservative juries would convict CCS terrorists and send them straight to the gallows.

Such self-sacrifice.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 12:18:41 pm »

The problem is: What sort of issues would the CCS really take? What would be the CCS' position on, say, the death penalty? I can't really think it would be anything other than "death penalties for all"? How about abortion? Would the CCS still call abortion "Fetus Murder"? Should the CCS really back torture for criminals?

No, the CCS shouldn't be politically correct. In fact, the main appeal in a CCS game is that the CCS is fighting for a world that is anti-CCS. A world where all liberals are armed with guns and will shoot CCS at a moment's notice. A world where the police are unrestrained by morals and will break each CCS agent down into whimpering cowards. A world where Conservative juries would convict CCS terrorists and send them straight to the gallows.

Such self-sacrifice.

The LCS and CCS are both immoral and both factions are attacked by the media/police for violent actions. The LCS are hardly moral citizens... They're urban guerrillas fighting for anarcho-communism, hypocritically shouting slogans of freedom and being against capital-punishment while they blow conservatives away.

Hence why LCS stands for Liberal Crime Squad and not Liberal Freedom Squad. It seems redundant to argue that that there should be no CCS game because the conservatives are evil.

The conservative agenda would not be changed from what it is now... Just the roles of the LCS and CSS reversed... Perhaps instead of immigrants, CEO's were forced to toil in the factories for example? They wouldn't be fighting for capital punishment for all, just capital punishment... We already have a CSS in game fighting for this it just isn't player controlled at the moment!

There is no good reason why we can't extend the original game to include the ability to play from a conservative perspective. If anything it enforces the original message about violence being wrong while dispelling the myth that liberalism is 'good' and conservatism is 'bad'.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 12:40:14 pm »

I probably lean more to sympathize with the conservatives but only because I have a low faith in humanity.
why is that related?

Conservative donate more time and money than liberals even accounting for balance of wealth.
(edit: In the US, that is... I don't know about elsewhere)

But on the topic, I think Servant Corps is on the right track when he says "The problem is: What sort of issues would the CCS really take?"

It's hard to imagine an underdog conservative force fighting freedom- (even being a real life conservative myself I really must admit that in the end you'd just be playing as a horrible terrorist...)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 01:08:06 pm »

I dunno, Conservatives and Liberals both tend to push their own moralities on others. 

Freedom to hire who you want?  Freedom to smoke wherever you want?  Freedom to eat meat?  Push the bad eco-science a little bit, and you've got freedom to drive a car or even third world make a living stuff...  Freedom to trade with other countries?

If I were going to do it (mind you, I haven't played LCS), I'd make you a third world native, tired of having your no-washing machine/microwave culture 'protected', wanting to make a living in a factory but being unable to because the liberals were protecting you (from exploitation, despite you making more at the factory than you did farming dirt), the environment (by green-taxes that make it too expensive to by fuel to heat your house or pump water), the unions (through strict protectionist tariffs), animals (through poaching and conservation laws that prevent you from harvesting the natural resources in your own backyard), status quo (food aid?  That just puts farmers out of business and makes people rely on the warlords who distribute it.)

The 'good guy' organisation could be the factory owners (tongue in cheek comments about how pure shit the conditions are should be enough irony there), Christian Missionaries (teaching kung fu along with the bible?) and... US military interventionists (maybe?  setting up a US friendly regime that'll boost trade and lower tariffs with a little tongue in cheek 'more than pays for the costs of corruption')

That should be conservative viewpoint enough without being too aweful.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 04:03:00 pm »

*snip*

It's hard to imagine an underdog conservative force fighting freedom- (even being a real life conservative myself I really must admit that in the end you'd just be playing as a horrible terrorist...)

*Looks at LCS*

???   I don't get what you are implying.   ::)

Also, considering conservatives, they can fight for sexual decency.  Like now-a-days, society is very open about sex and what-not.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 06:09:57 pm »

I really must admit that in the end you'd just be playing as a horrible terrorist...)

I don't mean this in an offensive way but I really do think that the point of LCS is lost on many people. There is no 'good' sides in LCS, just factions peddling their political views via AK-47 democracy. The Liberal Crime Squad isn't interested in bettering society so much as it just wants to assert its dominance over others. As I keep saying:

How can you call the liberals good guys? Because they stand up against capital punishment while they practice execution of hostages and murder? Because they'd like to curtail police power to the point where crime squads such as the LCS are able to walk around publicly and commit heinous acts unmolested?

This is a scary lesson in how willing people can be to justify a criminal organization which has the sole purpose of destroying the conservative machine by beating one ordinary conservative office worker to death with their bare fists at a time... It's kind of funny that a game that was originally meant to satirize the political violence of groups similar to the LCS and in the end it has reached into the real world and indoctrinated certain persons to believe that these liberals are they 'freedom loving, flower touting, good guys'. Kind of reminds you of all the people who wear Che Guevara T-shirts because he's *sarcasm* some amazing 'freedom fighter' */sarcasm* who managed to torture and kill thousands of individuals

Anyway I have messaged Fox to see if he is willing to help in this great conservative undertaking.

The conservatives must rise up and end these liberal notions of liberties. They are usurping the moral foundation of society...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:19:53 pm by The13thRonin »

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 06:26:37 pm »

While the diehard 'liberals' who think torture and murder are an acceptable ways to be politically active are a tiny tiny minority, and considered insane, there are vast throngs of real life conservatives today who think endless torture and civilian murder are entirely fine.

Which is why playing as conservatives wouldn't be fun.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 06:34:46 pm »

While the diehard 'liberals' who think torture and murder are an acceptable ways to be politically active are a tiny tiny minority, and considered insane, there are vast throngs of real life conservatives today who think endless torture and civilian murder are entirely fine.

Which is why playing as conservatives wouldn't be fun.

I really don't think the average conservative believes in murdering civilians, have you got any examples  :-\?

This is a scary lesson in how willing people can be to justify a criminal organization...

If anything liberals are definitely more violent that conservatives, for example see PETA which I would say is a fairly mainstream liberal group.

Without big corporations people would starve or be driven to poverty. Without the police people would be attacked and disadvantaged by certain members of society...

So it isn't murder if you take away someones food and water and then lock them in a room with thirty rapists  ??? ?

If you truly hated the conservatives and believed them to be pure evil then why rejoice in making them the victims of your admittedly radical liberal minority? Because whatever anyone might say that's all the Conservatives are at the moment. Innocent victims soon to be slaughtered by the hypocritical liberal cause. I guess it's OK to kill people as long as you can confuse them first with double-talk, totalitarian rhetoric and revolutionary blood-lust disguised as fervor. If anything if all the nay-sayers are right then the only thing the CSS is that the LCS isn't is honest...

ANYWAY.

This thread is not about arguing about whether a CCS is a good idea or not (it most certainly is a good idea). It's about discussing what changes such a modification would entail.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:53:19 pm by The13thRonin »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22