Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Conservative Crime Squad  (Read 48947 times)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
Re: Conservative Crime Squad
« Reply #315 on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:01 pm »

This thread does a lot to remind me that politics makes people stupid. Seriously, guys. It's the internet. Don't you have better things to do than sling insults at each other that neither of you takes seriously because, well, it's the internet?
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Kalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2010, 02:38:44 am »

So much fail in this thread. Seriously, Conservative Crime Squad would just be a palette-swap of Liberal Crime Squad. Basically, only the legal fundraising and the flavor text for things like Causing Trouble would have to be changed. Other than that just make all the "red" decisions "good" and all the "green" decisions "bad." Bam. Mod done.

Oh no, death penalties for the weakest of crimes would hurt your squad in CCS?
It's a good thing that L+ gun control doesn't make carting the guns you used to liberalize the USA illegal... oh wait it totally does.

It'd be essentially a "what if" scenario where people trusted your least favorite Fox pundit with a gun.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2010, 03:07:57 am »

In L+ Gun Control, it's legal to own a gun in private. It's not legal to own a gun in public though.

However, Kalos, habeus corpus plays a major role in the US. You may have used an illegal gun before it was banned, but the government cannot arrest you for it. So, the LCS could decide...not to use an illegal gun.

In fact, L+ Gun Control helps the LCS, since it means that all its victims have no means of self-defense. This makes committing crimes easier.

The CCS, on the other hand, can't decide not to get caught. C+ Gun Control also harms the CCS, since it means everyone has guns...which they will then use to shoot at you.

It's more dangerous for the CCS to exist in a C+ world than it is for a LCS to operate in a L+ world.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:09:53 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2010, 05:23:17 am »

This thread really shouldn't be about politics. It should be about strange and alien fantasy politics. LCS isn't really supposed to be a realistic simulation of trying to lead a revolution. And yes, making a palette swap of LCS is precisely the goal here. Changing all the flavor text and making any gameplay changes that make sense. The core gameplay of arson, murder and disturbing the peace would presumably still remain.

And the L+ gun laws really do make the game easier, which only goes to show that when guns are outlawed, outlaws will still be able to assault the police station, murder a couple dozen swat officers with their bare hands and take their guns. Or cut a tank in half with a sword.

Kalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2010, 02:17:09 pm »

In L+ Gun Control, it's legal to own a gun in private. It's not legal to own a gun in public though.

However, Kalos, habeus corpus plays a major role in the US. You may have used an illegal gun before it was banned, but the government cannot arrest you for it. So, the LCS could decide...not to use an illegal gun.

In fact, L+ Gun Control helps the LCS, since it means that all its victims have no means of self-defense. This makes committing crimes easier.

The CCS, on the other hand, can't decide not to get caught. C+ Gun Control also harms the CCS, since it means everyone has guns...which they will then use to shoot at you.

It's more dangerous for the CCS to exist in a C+ world than it is for a LCS to operate in a L+ world.

Conceding that you're right since you probably have more experience with the game... I'm still not sure how that's a bad thing. A game getting more difficult as it progresses had kind of been the standard for just about every good (and most bad) single-player games. Not only that, but things becoming worse off for the CCS would be a good thing in the eyes of an Arch-Conservative. While the Elite Liberal sees their usage of guns as a necessary evil to show the need for heightened gun control and as a proper defense against the conservative automatons, an AC would justify their use of gun violence as an object lesson as to why gun control needs to be loosened. The idea behind this being if everybody had guns, then nobody would want to go on mad shooting rampages, and the few crazies would be stopped rather quickly (this is an argument used in real life, too).

And besides, we know that granola-loving hippie scum wouldn't shoot a gun if their life depended on it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:20:38 pm by Kalos »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2010, 05:10:53 pm »

It isn't bad. In fact, it is this "game gets harder as you win" dynamic that makes the CCS game so interesting.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2010, 03:03:36 am »

It isn't bad. In fact, it is this "game gets harder as you win" dynamic that makes the CCS game so interesting.

Gameplay wise, it's good to have a curved difficulty so that the game starts out quite easy and gets more difficult as one proceeds. This way, newbies won't get squished right away but the game remains challenging to beat. However, I like the feeling in LCS when things are getting better as the country becomes more liberal, so some balance has to be in order. It would also be ridiculous if nightmare mode was very easy.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]