Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Conservative Crime Squad  (Read 49226 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Conservative Crime Squad
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2010, 06:45:01 am »

C+ Womens Rights: Women are taught how to better serve their husband and raise a happy family.
C+ Censorship: People are protected from things that would harm their minds and views.
C+ Homosexual Rights: Homosexuals do not exist thanks to rigorous prayer and moral education.
C+ Pollution: Industry is free to operate without fearing imaginary impacts on the environment.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »

Deserve and earn are different. Just because someone earns millions a year, does not mean they deserve.
Someone who earns millions deserves those same millions, because they earned it.
Assuming they didn't get it criminally.
Sorry, I was talking morally, not legally.
Morally?
Where is the morality of taxing rich people over and above everyone else?

You think the rich need to have more of their money confiscated and that you have the right to demand it.
Where does that kind of moral authority come from and how did you get it?
Morals are opinons, wrapped in brainwashing.  Morals are self induced masturbation in order to feel good about your own decisions when you know they are not fair.  Morals are what make people decide that, for some reason, Haiti needs 305 million dollars to recover from an earthquake ... that's over 30 million per person that lives there.

You could give a check for $30mill to each resident of Haiti and let them buy their own plane and fly anywhere in the world or build themselves multi-million dollar mansions along the beaches and live in luxury the rest of their lives.

But I tell you what... those morals are definitely making someone richer and keeping all those donors in self induced good graces with their %DEITY%.  Morals are a way for people to claim dominance over someone else where that dominance isn't obtained via a physical possession.  They are like smoke.  Easily brushed aside when they need to get through, but easy to push in your face when they want to.  They are also as easy to hold onto.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2010, 09:09:30 pm »

Morals are opinons, wrapped in brainwashing.  Morals are self induced masturbation in order to feel good about your own decisions when you know they are not fair.  Morals are what make people decide that, for some reason, Haiti needs 305 million dollars to recover from an earthquake ... that's over 30 million per person that lives there.
This is the most dodgy bit of maths I have seen in my entire life.  Bravo.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2010, 10:11:05 pm »

This is the most dodgy bit of maths I have seen in my entire life.  Bravo.
Oops, yeah, you caught me in a tired mode... I should be sleeping.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2010, 11:42:56 pm »

Yeah, I couldn't even pay a month's rent with $300, let alone recover from a natural disaster. :P

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2010, 12:32:12 am »

Morality isn't a stupid game where the person who wins gets a tacky little ribbon, it's life and death business.  We care about morals because in the absence of morals we can not denounce the abhorrent like genocide or talking during movies.  Complain about someone's arbitrary morals if you will, but the underlying idea that morality exists is evident from the way we live, as is the fact that we can behave in morally positive ways.  Subjectivist bullshit about morality not existing deserves to be punished with a good swift kick to the head.

Goddamn Orwellian conservative swine...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2010, 01:42:34 am »

Morality isn't a stupid game where the person who wins gets a tacky little ribbon, it's life and death business.  We care about morals because in the absence of morals we can not denounce the abhorrent like genocide or talking during movies.  Complain about someone's arbitrary morals if you will, but the underlying idea that morality exists is evident from the way we live, as is the fact that we can behave in morally positive ways.  Subjectivist bullshit about morality not existing deserves to be punished with a good swift kick to the head.

Goddamn Orwellian conservative swine...
I hope that isn't directed at me, because I didn't say that bullshit.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2010, 03:10:01 am »

Let us remember that this thread is for embracing Conservatism, not debating against it. :P
QFT

We are trying to be Conservative here people...  not Liberal.  Go spread your flower-power somewhere else you damned Hippies.  :P

C+ Womens Rights: Women are taught how to better serve their husband and raise a happy family.
C+ Censorship: People are protected from things that would harm their minds and views.
C+ Homosexual Rights: Homosexuals do not exist thanks to rigorous prayer and moral education.
C+ Pollution: Industry is free to operate without fearing imaginary impacts on the environment.
I like this alot. Works well in the Conservative viewpoint.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2010, 04:17:08 am »

Another Possible Conservative Agenda:

Government Spending: Most non-security government bureaus have been eliminated entirely.
Taxes: Taxes are low, flat, and clean of special interest exceptions.
Abortion: Legal protection is afforded to children from the point of conception.
Stem Cells: Embryonic stem cell research is banned.
Marriage: Traditional marriage is Constitutionally protected.
Pollution: Industry self-regulates through private trade groups to ensure consumer trust.
Guns: The individual right to bear arms is upheld as a critical tenet of a free society.
Energy: The United States is a lead innovator and net exporter of energy.
Drugs: Education and enforcement have eliminated the worst of drug trafficking and abuse.
Illegal Immigration: Strict enforcement has virtually eliminated illegal immigration.
Political Campagining: Political speech is unrestricted.
Free Speech: Free speech is religiously protected.
Education: Public schools adopt best practices from the extensive private school system.
Death Penalty: Murders and rape are punishable by death.
Military Spending: United States military superiority is unrivaled.
Foreign Policy: American foreign policy is based on vigorous pursuit of international liberty and economic prosperity.

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2010, 06:26:49 am »

Perhaps, for a slightly more Christian feel:
Abortion: Legal protection is afforded to sperm. Contraception is considered murder.
Stem Cells: Stem cell research is classified as murder.

And to be more in line with the US of today:

Death Penalty: Murder and rape are punishable by death. Minors and the mentally retarded are not immune.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:22 am »

Hows Prohibition and something similar against smoking sound?  That a conservative thing?

Well, they are already doing it for narcotics...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2010, 04:10:43 pm »

Is anyone taking up the project? I tried and failed miserably :P.

PS - everyone saying a CSS game would be immoral because the liberal agenda is fighting for justice, etc, etc fails at understanding LCS. The liberal agenda is not meant to be portrayed in a good light by the game :-\.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

CheGregory

• Bay Watcher
  • Liberal Crime Squad Strikes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »

PS - everyone saying a CSS game would be immoral because the liberal agenda is fighting for justice, etc, etc fails at understanding LCS. The liberal agenda is not meant to be portrayed in a good light by the game :-\.

It wouldn't be immoral, just disturbing. If the CCS game was fighting towards the C+ agenda in LCS...then it would be quite disturbing.
Fan of the "Swords Only LCS"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2010, 05:54:45 pm »

The liberals have led the people astray with their liberal propaganda machine!  We must protect family values and America from these ne'er-do-wells!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2010, 06:42:37 pm »

In case you hadn't noticed, Liberal Crime Squad is about shooting people to promote gun control, shutting down radio stations to promote free speech, releasing nuclear waste into the water supply and beating the shit out of janitors for no reason other than training psychology. The liberals are right because the game is rigged to make the liberals right, and there's no reason the game couldn't be rigged to make conservatives, religious zealots, scientists, transhumanists, anarchists, nihilists or Bond villains right.

What would the colors be in CCS? The liberals are red for COMMUNISM and BLOOD OF INNOCENT BABIES, but what about conservatives? Green? Blue? Maybe blue would be good.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22