Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dead Frontier  (Read 3120 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Dead Frontier
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:11:53 pm »

Is fun. Well, when you have non stupid people looting with you, and you have a Microphone and some sort of client, because typing is inconvenient with zombies swarming around and only lulls in battle good for typing messages. Otherwise, yeah really fun.

So help WorkerDrone NOT starve and click this link: http://fairview.deadfrontier.com/refer.php?ID=556611&SERVER=fairview.deadfrontier.com

Possibility for a Dead Frontier Bay12 Group aswell.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Frontier
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:16:45 pm »

It isn't that great.  I mean, dood.  Shotguns aren't amazing. What evil is this?!?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:19:01 pm »

It isn't that great.  I mean, dood.  Shotguns aren't amazing. What evil is this?!?

It's called realism? A shotgun is realistically great only because people think their cool in games and movies. Against a zombie, assuming for a second there was such a thing, it would really be all but useful unless at point blank range - not a weapon suited to destroying the head from any range

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:21:25 pm »

Hey I remember this.
To hard to find a decent meal.
I quit it.
The zombies zerg you when you shoot to much, seriously, its hard to survive when some idiot is wasting ammo trying to get more zombies.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 08:26:20 pm »

It's called realism? A shotgun is realistically great only because people think their cool in games and movies. Against a zombie, assuming for a second there was such a thing, it would really be all but useful unless at point blank range - not a weapon suited to destroying the head from any range

I'm not so sure about that.  A shotgun can destroy a clay pigeon from some distance away.

Plus, that's assuming they have to be shot in the head anyway.
Shoes...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 08:29:37 pm »

And you fall for my trap!  You can pick up around $100 dollars. From the wheel well of a bus...

Dog biscuits.
DOOD.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 04:54:45 pm »

Played this ages ago, when the "multiplayer" aspect just put a bunch of bots into the mix.  Admittedly, bots with names and equipment based off of real people, but still bots.  Really really stupid bots.

Yeah, food is a constant struggle.  And never, EVER pick a service class like an engineer or a chef or something...  Every time you use your power, you'll become even hungrier.  And the money isn't that great either, because the market is absolutely flooded with fools providing bottom-dollar service and lowering the average rate, trying to get someone to buy from them instead of the hundred other yahoos.

No, there's really only one class to pick.  Farmer.  Every so often, you'll get free food.  The higher your level, the higher level food and more of it.  A lot of it is raw, but sometimes you can bring in a nice harvest of crisps.  And, as mentioned before, finding a high-level chef for a reasonable price is pretty easy.  And farmers are capable of getting rare food that can only be looted from deep in the city.  And it's just handed to them for free.

What you don't eat, you can sell.  You can get some very nice prices on high-level food, just because it's so hard to get (for anyone who isn't a farmer, that is).

So yeah.  Play a farmer.  Plug points into critical strike and speed.  Get a nice weapon where you can make the most of your crits.  Then just farm the early levels for XP so your crop gets more interesting (and more bountiful).

At least, that's the way it used to be.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 07:27:01 pm »

Have you ever actually fired a shotgun? Let me tell you that it can decimate shit from 40 yards pretty easily. How about a wad of led 8 inches across flying at you? Were not talking a bunch of bb's at low velocity, this is LEAD...flying very FAST. There are lots of sizes of shot, people kill deer with shotguns, and they are not standing right next to the deer.

As a avid shooter and someone who has had guns for for nearly 30 years, I would take a shotgun over most weapons in nearly ANY survival situation. That and a nice handgun.

In a high pressure situation you will hit much more often with a shotgun than most any other rifle, even full auto. Ever seen The Unforgiven? Its not about who shoots the fastest, but who can keep their cool and actually hit shit.

Thats my 2 bits about shotguns. One of the best guns out there, IRL.
I got nothing

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 08:30:25 pm »

Aside from the sometimes ungodly recoil.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 08:35:57 pm »

Shotguns aren't really good anywhere other than CQC, you can't pin down a soldier at long range with a pump action shot gun. Or shoot a zombie with a shotgun.
My recommendation to people to stick with rifles and pistols, both do a lot of damage and they don't attract those nasty Foxtrots.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 08:37:30 pm by Phantom »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 12:16:31 am »

It's it just called "Unforgiven"?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 12:28:46 am »

Have you ever actually fired a shotgun? Let me tell you that it can decimate shit from 40 yards pretty easily. How about a wad of led 8 inches across flying at you? Were not talking a bunch of bb's at low velocity, this is LEAD...flying very FAST. There are lots of sizes of shot, people kill deer with shotguns, and they are not standing right next to the deer.

As a avid shooter and someone who has had guns for for nearly 30 years, I would take a shotgun over most weapons in nearly ANY survival situation. That and a nice handgun.

In a high pressure situation you will hit much more often with a shotgun than most any other rifle, even full auto. Ever seen The Unforgiven? Its not about who shoots the fastest, but who can keep their cool and actually hit shit.

Thats my 2 bits about shotguns. One of the best guns out there, IRL.

But we're talking about zombies here, and traditionally: the head, particularly the brain stem, must be destroyed or else all that fast flying lead is just gonna make them uglier, maybe knock them over for a bit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 12:49:28 pm »

Which is why you shoot them in the head.
Shoes...

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 01:30:29 pm »

what's play like?

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 06:43:00 pm »

I just joined but i picked engineer. So far its okay.
Pages: [1] 2