Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time Travel Mafia-Possibly the biggest Mafia so far?  (Read 2135 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Time Travel Mafia-Possibly the biggest Mafia so far?
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:19:55 pm »

I've had two fails now. Now, another idea. Prepare yourself for Time Travel. Yes, this Mafia breaks the rules of all theoretics, provide insane results and loop the way around the Space-Time continuum. And breaking the rules will result in bad news...

There are three main ways to get killed here, while excluding powers. There's the lynch, the nightkill, and... the Timekill. Yes, messing with the flow is bad, and is bound to end up with someone being lost in the space-time continuum. However, there's a one-in-four chance that the Timekill will become a Timerevive.

At the start of the game, the 18 players are given a number. 9 players will get 0, 6 will get 1, 2 will get 2 and 1 will get 3. When you are killed for whatever reason, time will flick back in days by your number. From there on, history must repeat itself to a T, or the continuum will collapse, and take someone with it. Or it will put someone back.

The way the Timekill works is fairly simple. If lynching the wrong person, one of the people voting will be Timekiled. When nightkilling, the person who made the nightkill will be Timekilled. When a power is used on the wrong person, it all comes down to what the role does. Investigative roles may not be ale to trust their response. Protective roles will be powerless. Killing roles make a Timekill.

Out of the 18 players, there are four mafia. We'll be using the following basic roles.

Normal Townie-Duh.
Doctor-Protects people
Roleblock-Prevents night actions.
Quack-Think's he's the doctor, he doesn't have any powers.
Cop-Investigates people to find roles.
Forestic Investigator-Can examine the dead to find out who interacted with him.
Vigilante-Gets a nightkill.
Backup Cop-When the cop dies, this guy takes the role.
Backup Doc-When the doctor dies, this guy takes the role.
Town Lover-When the Mafia Lover dies, then she follows the next night. Can win with side or fellow lover.
Mason A-Can communicate with Mason B
Mason B-Can communicate with Mason A
Voteless Townie-Duh.
Miller-On investigation, turs as Mafia.

Normal Mafia-Duh.
Prostitute-A Mafia Roleblock.
Mafia Lover-When the Town Lover dies, then he follows the next night. Can win with side or fellow lover.
Godfather-Turns innocent on inspection.

Oh, and one more thing. If, by chance, we flip to when before the game started, we get some backstory as a filler. Also, there may be some explinations to the game...

Spoiler: Sign-Ups (click to show/hide)

I think I got everything.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:35:35 am by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Travel Mafia-Possibly the biggest Mafia so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 06:24:55 pm »

I'll join. Though this is my first (internet) game of mafia, hopefully that's fine?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 03:35:15 am »

I have nothing against that.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 11:30:53 am »

What, so no-one wants to make a paradox?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 11:32:39 am »

We had Time Travel mafia before.  If I remember correctly, it ended very quickly when Pandar correctly guessed a scum player, went back in time and blocked him, reviving a towny and pretty much confirming him as scum.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 12:07:43 pm »

Yes, but when you mess with the flow, bad things are bound to happen.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 01:58:31 pm »

We had Time Travel mafia before.  If I remember correctly, it ended very quickly when Pandar correctly guessed a scum player, went back in time and blocked him, reviving a towny and pretty much confirming him as scum.

It also didn't help that my scum partner, ToonyMan, was lynched day 1.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 02:36:17 pm »

I based my Time Travel Mafia on a proposed plan by mafiascum, which provides enough complexity for a time travel game while being easy for the Game Moderator to calcuate results. A game using this template was held on the mafiascum forum, but was terminated due to the moderator accidently posting a list of who's scum. Of course, the Time Travel Mafia on Bay12 also didn't procede well.

Maybe your time travel mafia might be better, but at least the Time Travel Mafia
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 02:49:18 pm »

...you wanna finish that post?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 02:55:37 pm »

Maybe your time travel mafia might be better, but at least the Time Travel Mafia that occured on Bay12Games was easier to moderate.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 10:15:29 am »

So? That just means more pressure on me. You don't need to worry.