Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dawn of War: Firestorm over Kronus  (Read 7173 times)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of War: Firestorm over Kronus
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2009, 06:40:02 am »

You are all misinterpreting the situation. The Imperium wins every battle, there just aren't always survivors to celebrate that victory.

Thinking otherwise, of course, is HERESY!

An Exterminatus will be deployed to your homes shortly.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2009, 05:43:19 pm »

Am I going to get virus bombed for saying that giving the IG troopers a basic education in "hitting your target and other advanced combat tactics" would go a long way?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 06:28:57 pm »

They're not Stormtroopers. Their testicular fortitude alone should see them through.

Also: moar dakka.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2009, 06:32:58 pm »

Quote from: Virex
Am I going to get virus bombed for saying that giving the IG troopers a basic education in "hitting your target and other advanced combat tactics" would go a long way?

As a registered Sergeant in the Imperial Guard, I must inform you sir that I am deeply offended! Every Imperial Guard trooper spends a total of 387 grueling weeks in the most prestigious and difficult of all marksmanship schools: The Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2009, 06:50:51 pm »

Oo Needz to be abul ta' shoot when Ya gotz so many boyz!

Dey hardy needz to aim, enuf boolets are coming oot of da skwad ta' mek even da Tuffest Oomie trembul in 'iz bootz.

WAAAAAGH!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2009, 08:39:04 pm »

Actually the IG are perfectly good at shooting things, there's nothing wrong with their aim.

Their problem is that they use laser pointers instead of real guns.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2009, 08:59:00 pm »

The IG is actually the most elite Human* fighting force in the Imperium. The reward for pointless waste of human life is the Planetary Defense Guard, staffed with incompetent generals and untrained conscripts.

The problem is that the IG usually faces non-Humans. And that's why they die.

*Space Marines aren't exactly human
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2009, 10:10:52 pm »

Ya; against Chaos Cultists the IG are lethally efficient, and those're the enemies they're supposed to go against.

It's when the Tyranids come down that they all go to pieces and it's time to call in the heavy support (Spaez Mureens)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2009, 10:26:35 pm »

Ya; against Chaos Cultists the IG are lethally efficient, and those're the enemies they're supposed to go against.

It's when the Tyranids come down that they all go to pieces and it's time to call in the heavy support (Spaez Mureens)

Hehehe. Gross but true.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2009, 10:03:45 am »

Finally got around to getting this.  It barely runs on my computer which sucks because I have to turn the graphics down, but it is so rad.  I spent the first half hour or so just looking at every single unit in the game in the army painter.  I can't decide which is coolest.  It's a tie between Nurgle Chaos Lord and Black Templars Chaplain, but all the units look incredible.  I played a game as IG just to see the eversor in action.  He took on a squad of Close Combat Initiates or whatever they're called and killed three of them.  Hardcore.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]