Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: "Anilzuglar" Dwarven Airship Community Story! (Or DACS for short)  (Read 11841 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You know what happens when steampunk fan like me stumbles unto Jackrabbit's story made in AsciiDraw and story of piratey ship "Bellsmaw"?

This topic happens.

Yes, an ascii-draw story of a crew of a second succesfull, not-blown-on-testing airship manned by dwarvest of dwarves!

Story-time
The Map of Northern Reaches, region in which most of the story is and will be taking place:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dwarves, having harnessed the power of wind and steam, reached upper levels of metallurgic technology. In the year 1400, first flying contraptions were created, but, you know... test-flying. So the job was risky. Around one hundred years later, something terrible happened. Goblins created Keshangunlel, "Flamerape", a fearsome dark tower, that spew Liquid Fire and Mutant GCS Acid on any footmen who approached their stronghold. By any means, none land army could even scratch the tower's shining obsidian walls. In the meantime, elves aquired powers of magic, induced into their fragile bodies by magic essence flowing through the sacred Feather Trees. Humans were long ago forced to flee into Outer Islands of Ngutegushul, or to Dwarven Mountain Halls. Plains and savannas now dominated by savage beasts, forests by elves, and pretty much else endangered by goblins, the Dwarves had to do something.
And they done something indeed. They made an Airship. Christened "The Steel-Conqueror of Sky", Deler Sog Anriz in dwarven, the mechanical marvel laid waste to goblins and elves alike. Feared because of it's cannons, bombs, magma-spewers and other doomsday devices, Deler Sog Anriz  launched many successful strikes against dwarven foes. However, one airship is not much...
Age of Steam. Year 1509.
Today, last steel piece of a new, light-class airship was put into the piece. It's not a flying fortress like the First Airship, but still deadly! Dwarven King, Sarvesh, picked the crew, choosing from the finest of mechanics, steam engineers and cannoneers from the hall of Anglibash. Many adventures, tragic events and moments of joy awaits them, rest assured, dear readers. But for now, let's join them on christening ceremony...

Dwarves:
Kol Emsarvesh - Chief Mechanic and captain of the Airship. (bright-red mechanic)
Olon Kengekur - The revered Steam Engineer, Vice-Leader of the Steam Engineer Council (white-robed dwarf).
Mabdug Mabdug - The cook, the barkeep and lover of yellow-dyed silk.

Claimables:
Chief Cannoneer (Silver military):
-Jack Nashonziril:
He's... Well, honestly, he's a firebug. Since childhood he's had a fascination for fire and explosions and took a job as an alchemist as soon as the opportunity arose. Problem was, alchemical things only blow up if you do it wrong, so soon after he joined the military, testing new and dangerous weapons. For this mission, he signed up immediately, sensing the chance to blow things up. He also has a deep, deep hatred of Goblins, but really, that's normal.
Cannoneers (Grey military) #1-#4
-Jorvus:
He is a canoneer. He is always seen with a checkerboard bandana slumped over one eye and a pipe in his mouth. His beard is long and braided, and he is burly yet stout. His hair is a dark brown. He grins and two teeth are made of sterling silver. He likes gorey hits with a cannonball, wrestling goblins and gold.
-Lawec:
He gets motionsickness often and he likes explosives.
-Roxanne:
Slow and careful, but has good aim. Just a teenager: 16/17, and underweight compared to most other dorves. Likes to wear comfy clothing and no skirts, and combined with short haircut, is often mistaken as boy dorf. Nervous and shy to new things, but cheerful once she gets familiar with them. Skilled with the hammer. Likes hammers.
-Ark-Ar:
He likes dice he made them when he had a fell mood. His dice have a strange ability, they can warp to him, also he likes to throw them on people with various, sometimes efficient reasults. He likes to eat and kill a lot, he wears cave spider silk clothes and a mask made of coal (he never takes it off (NEVER)). Also, he is quick to anger and of course hates elves.
Mechanics (Dark red mechanics) #1-#3
-Yeeni:
He is slow to anger. He is prone to flights of fancy. He is neglectful.
He likes maple, obsidian, raccoon meat, dwarven sugar, and mules.
"I, Yeeni, love things that fly. That's particularly why I decided to join this project. In college I was considered crazy for dreaming of a cannon with ammo that could guide itself towards goblins. But hopefully along this trip I'll figure out the technology to make it a reality."
Yeeni is always seen wearing a mule leather jacket (at least the pet was put to some good use), T-shirt, black pants, and boots. his hair is brown, messy and in bad need of a hair cut.
-Hetros:
He loves his booze, telling stories, and coming up with ways of making machines run faster. His dream is to make a swiss-army wrench (read: hammer)  with built in magma launcher that doubles as a rocket pack, yes, he is a little crazy. He also has a rabid hatred for Elves. This hatred is only surpassed (very very slightly) by his hatred for Goblins and their ilk.
He'd also probably have metal crafting and metal smithing, to make those personal parts.
-Shin:
One disillusioned mechanic from the Imperial Forge. Working with the adamantine twisted his perception of things.  He may always treat everyone with respect, no matter their class or station but combining this with his offbeat sense of humor he always ends up insulting someone. His crazy projects rarely work, still, he always denies any fact that does not fit into his theory of how things work. Anyway, he's a jolly fellow that will never abandon his friends. Plus, he has adamantine monocle.

*To the future crew. You can post a little personality thing too. If you will write "Blargh likes hanging out on the deck" I will note that and use this lil' facts in the story ;)

The Ceremony:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Sarvesh stepped off the purple Royal carpet. The gathered crowd was held back by guards. The King was proud. Second doom-bringing machine, another terror of the skies, was completed. He turned toward the gathered mass.
-Dear Citizens of Anglibash! In these times of peril, dwarven ingenuity and metallurgy once again tryumphs! This very day, new dwarven airship will flew high into the skies, to repel the evil and destroy all our foes! Kol Emsarvesh, my dearest cousin, has been appointed a Captain of these very ship!
The crowd cheered.
-The revered--
King Sarvesh bowed his head before dwarf in white robes.
-Olon Kengekur, a Steam Engineer, Vice-Leader of the Steam Engineer Council will accompany him, as well as my beloved cook, Mabdug! *cough*nomorecatmeatbiscuitsatlast*cough* Together with them, seven other dwarves with reign the skies.
Crowd cheered even louder.
-Steam with them, Steel with them, Dwarven Might with them!
Crowd burst into ecstatic mass.
-Dear Kol, my cousin. Have you found a name for thy ship?
Kol got little nervous.
-Em, not yet, but maybe Chief Engineer perhaps...
-My son.
Olon began to speak.
-'Tis your ship, so I have no right to name it.
The Captain turned to cook Mabdug, who said:
-'Cat Biscuit!'
The king turned pale, and Kol, seeing this, sighed and shouted to rest of his dwarves:
-Crew! This is your first mission! Name our Airship!!!

FYI: What 'picture-look' you will find? Pseudo-3D (like the first one), but mostly Top-view (like in regular DF).

FYI2: I'm busy with work and stuff, so don't yell for updates every 15 minutes, please ;)

FYI3: Sorry for any grammar mistakes that may occur. English isn't my native language ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:37:43 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Airship Community Story! (Or DACS for short)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 04:57:26 pm »

*Licks*

You taste of...

AWSOME.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 05:03:08 pm »

*Licks*

You taste of...

AWSOME.

Haha, thanks :D

It's midnight now... WOW, I was drawing and writing all that around 2 hours!? O.o... Heh. Gotta take a shower, but I certainly won't sleep for now :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 05:22:29 pm »

I, Yeeni, will join your crew. I have just finished college at the Urist McLearniversity, majoring in Mechanics, and minoring in siege engineering.

Yeeni is slow to anger. He is prone to flights of fancy. He is neglectful.
He likes maple, obsidian, raccoon meat, dwarven sugar, and mules. (has a pet mule)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 05:32:42 pm »

Sorry, but no pets! Due to my sadistic nature, it would propably end being crunched between two working gear assemblies ;D

But I will add ye to the Crew. Welcome aboard!

EDIT: Oh, got a name for the Airship? :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:46:42 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:50:02 pm »

Jorvus will join your crew! He is a canoneer. He is always seen with a checkerboard bandana slumped over one eye and a pipe in his mouth. His beard is long and braided, and he is burly yet stout. His hair is a dark brown. He grins and two teeth are made of sterling silver.

He likes gorey hits with a cannonball, wrestling goblins and gold.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Ha! You're my kind of cannoneer! Welcome aboard, Jorvus! ;)

But don't fail the task to name the Airship, mates ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:55:08 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Wouldn't happen to have room for a swash buckling mechanic who manages to swash and buckle with a wrench (read: hammer) rather than a a sword? Goes by the name Hetros.

He loves his booze, telling stories, and coming up with ways of making machines run faster. His dream is to make a swiss-army wrench (read: hammer)  with built in magma launcher that doubles as a rocket pack, yes, he is a little crazy. He also has a rabid hatred for Elves. This hatred is only surpassed (very very slightly) by his hatred for Goblins and their ilk.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 06:18:48 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Wanna make machines faster, eh? I smell something common between you and Chief Engineer Olon, bro! Come aboard :D
SigFlags!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well done! Especially the images.

If you wish me to join, I shall oblige!

Chief Cannoneer Jack Nashonziril.

He's... Well, honestly, he's a firebug. Since childhood he's had a fascination for fire and explosions and took a job as an alchemist as soon as the opportunity arose. Problem was, alchemical things only blow up if you do it wrong, so soon after he joined the military, testing new and dangerous weapons. For this mission, he signed up immediately, sensing the chance to blow things up. He also has a deep, deep hatred of Goblins, but really, that's normal.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

More like faster and with extra options specifically for killing goblins and elves. "If it can't do it's job while pastin' one of those green gits, or tree hugging fops to the floor and walls, it ain't good 'nuff."

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.

I'l take anyone (when immigrants arrive). Tell me who he is later. i'l base my story/background off of that.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 06:31:48 pm by sava2004 »
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The name of the airship? How about: Anilzuglar? The funny thing is, I looked on dwarf fortress for translations and when I started up a fortress and looked at Group Name, I got that. It translates to The Glorious Ship.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Can Some one translate Mourning of Angels?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 06:45:52 pm by shadowclasper »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The closest I can get to that is Sedil Leshal, Angel of Mourning.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4