Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Reasonableman Fixed Computers: The XCOM Story (Un-live)

(1/50) > >>

Reasonableman:
INCOMING SIGNAL...

ORIGIN... XCOM COMMAND

SIGNAL ENCRYPTED... DECODED

TRANSMISSION FOLLOWS:

You brave few are the first, and last, line of defense for our world. Earth is under threat of alien invasion. The XCOM project has been reactivated after years of dormancy to combat this threat. Volunteer, and ensure a future for all of our planet.

Then, tune in and watch yourself be horribly killed by a lucky shot from a Sectoid halfway across the map.

Enlistment protocol:Spoiler (click to show/hide)XCOM:EU uses the following soldier format:

First name: Maximum 11 characters.
Last name: Maximum 15 characters.
Nickname: Maximum 11 characters; only available at Sergeant rank or better (3rd rank up)

Class: Assault (Fast and short-range), Support (Medics and riflemen), Heavy (Machineguns and explosives), and Sniper (Long-range and scouts) classes are assigned randomly at the first rank up. If you want a specific rank, you'll have to wait until a Squaddie with the proper class pops up.

Gender: Assigned randomly at soldier creation. Non-adjustable. There seem to be fewer women than men.

Nationality: Assigned randomly at creation. Non-adjustable. Your guy gets a little flag patch on his back, and a similar flag on his profile, and nothin' else. Not even an accent! For shame. Don't know what all countries are represented, on account of me not knowing flags... at all. I can recognize a few though. AMURICAH

Race: A few options for general racial type.
Voice: Several different voices. They all say the same quips during combat though, just sliiiightly differently.
Head: A number of general face shapes.
Skin Color: Based on Race, gives you a few different sub-options.
Hair/Helmet: Men get short hair, ladies get a few options for ponytails and the like, either can choose one of three different helmets... or the amazing original X-Com haircuts.
Hair Color: Many neon options for hair color, and a few sensible ones.
Facial Hair: Mustaches and beards, sideburns and mutton chops, for dudes only. Sorry ladies.
Armor Deco: Most types of armor have two different options for their appearance; one usually has more color than the other, which tends to be taken up by grey-green plates. Usually.
Armor Tint: Fairly large selection of colors for armor. Useful for telling dudes apart in the chaos of battle. Most basic colors are represented, and a few combos that are opposite each other on the color wheel. Red/green, purple/yellow, blue/orange, etc. Default is a drab olive color.

Specify what you'd like in the stream or on here and I'll try to make it happen.

IF YOU DIE, YOU'RE DEAD. You go up on the memorial wall, and can not be 'reborn' through identically naming another rookie. You can always request a differently named soldier, though.
I'm planning on playing through XCOM: Enemy Unknown at Classic difficulty, with a nice little mod that adds some extra features to the game and changes up the numbers on a few things. The biggest part it unlocks is Second Wave, a mode that allows for some tweaks that make the game slightly more old-school. Here's the mod in question: http://xcom.nexusmods.com/mods/18/

If you so desire I'll disable it and play the regular game, maybe even in Impossible difficulty, though I can't promise success. Ironman is a must though: no savescumming whatsoever. Hopefully I'll be playing almost all weekend, with just a few breaks for food and other necessities.

I hope you show up, and I hope you enjoy my girlish screeching even more.

STUPID AND DUMB INTERNET.
Also I'll be throwing up the game on the whole "on demand thing" if I can. Although my comments will seem very disjointed.

Reasonableman:
MEMORIAL WALL
Lt. NotTheFWord 'Cheeze Whiz' Furtuka
Cpl. Urist Itnetlolor
Cpl. Soli Solifuge
Cpl. Reasonable Reasonableman
Sq. Totino Rolls
Rk. Abimbola Bobolabim
The ingame streaming client
The first attempted playthrough
The framerate

May they all rest in peace.

Sensei:
Sorry, not familiar with the technology.

But, eh... ONLOINE. Might want to fix that. Unless you are in fact standing on a loin, and are favorable to nineteenth century English, in which case carry on.

Itnetlolor:
Those were some pretty funny antics in GMOD. Sorry about the identity crisis there.

Darn shame we didn't all have the same stuff.

Oh yeah, how was the helicopter ride?

Reasonableman:
It is hard to remember to update this thing at one AM. Anywho's, it's back up, but on my seriously malfunctional desktop, so no guarantees. I'm currently updating my laptop, but once that's done with I might swap over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version