Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inflate Error  (Read 1688 times)

Frankomatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inflate Error
« on: August 20, 2006, 08:33:00 pm »

My current fortress, which I've been trying to abandon because I want the legends entries and everything's gone so far down hill I'm too lazy to try fixing it, keeps crashing when it tries to offload the various units.

It gets up to 65/140, pauses, then splits out 'Inflate Error -3'. Anything I can do to get around this?

I can provide the save if I'm directed to a place to put the file.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Inflate Error
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 08:38:00 pm »

It's likely that whatever unit chunk it is loading up to prepare for the offload is corrupt (was there a previous crash?)  If the game crashes once, it tends to just get worse from there, so it's good to keep backups (it'll have an periodic autosave option when I can get there).

You can send the region#.sav and associated region# folder to toadyone@bay12games.com if you want me to take a look.  It's likely that the data is unsalvageable, but I might be able to gather enough information to prevent the issue in the future.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Frankomatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 08:46:00 pm »

No other crashes that I can recall aside from the inflate error being on a different unit number the first time I tried, when almost everyone was dead. I'm going to try killing everyone off in a spectacular fashion to see if that does anything.

File should be sending as we speak, hope you can track down some bugs from it if nothing else!

Frankomatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 09:24:00 pm »

Oddly, copying the file I sent back over itself seems to have fixed the error, as it abandoned without issue when I tried again. Weird.

It was a learning experinece of a game, though. I was doing well until I got gutsy and dug back to the third feature. The influx of about 10 nobles (of which I had never seen before) when I wasn't ready did me in.

Including the Baron and his Consort. I had never gotten a noble in a previous game.

...I had never seen the Chasm or beyond before either.  ;)