Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Suggestion] New activity - Recruiting for the Cause  (Read 716 times)

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] New activity - Recruiting for the Cause
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:46:21 am »

One of the biggest least fun pains for me to grind is recruiting. Somehow I just don't have alot of fun going to a place, holding s, talking, moving, holding s, talking, moving....etc. Nor do I much like holding down B for 30 seconds afterwards and missing important events.

So, new activity!

[A]ctivate the Uninvolved
 - Joe Shmoe
  -  A - Engaging in Liberal Activism
        8 - Recruiting for the Cause

Where would you like to recruit?
   (Go forth to stop evil menu)
[ SECURE SITE ]
   1 - Stay outside --- (much lower encounter rate, have to wait for people to come or go)
   2 - Penetrate Conservative Security --- (Disguise checks every round a conservative is in range)

Who would you like to talk to?
  [X]Liberals
  [X]Moderates
  [ ]Conservatives

Joe Shmoe - 20 Liberal Shelter   Recruiting at [Location]

When their turn comes, a site action is simulated.

[ If the area is secure, a security check will be performed on the door. If it fails, will resort to waiting outside instead. ]

Encounters will now be simulated one after another. Rather than asking you what to do, the game will go through each creature that matches your criteria(liberal, conservative, moderate), and start a conversation with them as normal. You will choose either A, B, or C(strike up, pick up, ignore, like normal)

If possible, I would also like the entire interaction to take place on one screen, with no need to press a button to progress line by line. You can read or skip as you will, but you shouldn't be tempted to just hold anything down.

Once you have recruited enough people to fill up your night, or reach a certain maximum, or give up, you leave the site. You can only talk to so many people per day. Even if you're giong to spend 8 hours constantly talking at only 5 minutes per person, you'd still only be able to talk to 100 people.

Speaking of which, you shouldn't be able to talk to nearly that many people at night. I'd say a discussion would take at least a half hour to an hour, if you start immediately at 5, you'd probably be able to go to about 10, so 5-10 people a night per person seems to be a more than reasonable maximum.

I'd also like it if nightly discussions came with an entire person's conversation at a time to avoid the temptation of holding down B :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] New activity - Recruiting for the Cause
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:35:38 pm »

Actually, I could see the scene taking place similar to the car theft screen, with a selection of character types and an assessment of the rarity of meeting them or convicing them to talk with you.