Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 41982 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 2 Set-up Phase Closed
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2009, 07:59:44 pm »

You know, you could ask us now.  The dual may reveal much, but that's no excuse to stop scumhunting.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2009, 08:58:06 pm »

Alright, it looks like the Internet Connection I'm sponging off somebody in my apartment building is stable enough to ask some questions.

Leafsnail, why were you lurking? I called you out on it, and you admitted to it. It doesn't seem like things have changed. So why so quiet this game when you're usually so much more active in all others? Is it because you're the Cabal and don't want to say something that could possibly be interpreted as suspicious?

Frelock, you defended Mr. Person's reasoning when he was attacking Neruz. Then, you made a choice between him and Apostolic Nihilist, choosing the latter to be in the ring, thus preventing the former from entering. I see a connection between you two, and this makes me suspicious, like you were saving your Cabal comrade from a swift KO from the Archmage. So, care to make some comments about a relationship between you and Mr. Person?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2009, 12:54:05 am »

Well, there is no hard connection.  I saw his reasoning, and thought what Neruz was saying about it was foolish (to a degree, I really just wanted to see if Neruz would keep talking).  As to my choice between Apost and Mr. Person, I just found Apost more scummy than Mr. Person.  The real key that pushed me over the edge was Apost's "giving up," so to speak; when he said he wouldn't mind going into the ring and dying.  I'll lynch anyone for that.

Of course, since he revealed himself to be the nullifier, and by my own admission I thought the nullifier was town, I'm beginning to lean the other way.  Sadly, there's nothing I can do about it at this point; I've assisted him, and we'll see how this turns out.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2009, 01:06:58 am »

The real key that pushed me over the edge was Apost's "giving up," so to speak; when he said he wouldn't mind going into the ring and dying.  I'll lynch anyone for that.
I wouldn't ever thrust myself into the ring if there was nothing to be gained!
It's not like I was lynching myself — there's still a fight to be had and analyzed. Unless we both end up dead, at which point I suppose nothing was gained and it was all futile.
Ah, but such details are trivial...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2009, 12:22:11 pm »

ExKirby walks out into the Arena on the North Side to the cheers of the crowd. He raises his wand aloft and Crimson runes of power form in a circle at his feet. The runes glow bright and begin to swirl around him until a red tornado of energy and air swirls about him.

Apostolic Nihilist walks out into the Arena on the South Side. He raises his staff high in the air and slams it on the ground. Orange runes of power erupt from the ground, and large chunks of earth rise up into the air about him.

As the Marshal of the Games lets loose a blast of multi-colored light to signal the start of the Duel ExKirby jabs his wand forward, and the whirlwind rushes towards Nihilist. The Orange mage holds his staff out before him, and bright runes flare into a shield around him. As the winds die he makes a quick motion with his hand, and a chunk of earth hurtles towards ExKirby. The crimson mage slashes with his wand, and the stone is sent crashing off to the side.

Exkirby then slashes upwards with his wand, sending a cloud of red-tinged dust and air billowing around his opponent. Flickers of orange light shine through the dust, but before Nihilist can launch a counter-attack ExKirby sends another blast of wind in to strike from the side. The orange light weakens, but as the dust settles you can Nihilist unharmed. He cracks his staff on the ground, and a tremor runs through the arena. ExKirby leaps into the air, floating a few feet above the ground to avoid the roiling wave of rock headed at him. As he floats back down, he spins in a wide circle, bright crimson arcs of air flashing out from him to slam into the bright shields around Nihilist. The orange wizard staggers a bit, and his counter-attack flies wide and crashes into the walls of the arena.

The crimson mage presses the attack. Arcs of red-tinged air slash downwards from the ceiling. Each one barely glancing off of the orange runes to explode in a cloud of dust at Nihilist's feet. The orange mage steadies himself, and spins his staff over his head. Chunks of rock float up from the ground and shoot forwards. The crash against crimson runes, rock after rock splintering into a thousand shards around ExKirby. Finally, his runes can take no more and he takes a direct blow to the chest.

Rolling with the blow, ExKirby rises from a crouch, on hand clutching his ribs. But his wand is already moving, complex runes sparking in the air around him. A great whirlwind appears around Nihilist, dust and fragments of rock slamming against his protective runes as he struggles to keep his feet. ExKirby makes another motion, and the whirlwind intensifies.  Suddenly, Apostolic Nihilst bursts upwards out of the top of the whirlwind, riding a great slab of earth. He kicks downward, and points his staff at ExKirby. The slab rushes downwards to crash into the crimson mage's runes with a deafening crack. The runes buckle, and ExKirby is flattened by the slab. Alive but pinned, it is obvious that he is helpless and the Marshal calls an end to the Duel.

Apostolic Nihilst glides to the ground to thunderous applause as the healers rush forward to take ExKirby out of the ring. Oddly, you can see the Marshal and the healers having a quick and heated discussion before the Marshal finally waves for them to continue.

As all of this is going on, you hear a high pitched scream. Turning, you see an imp underneath Beacon80's seat vibrate rapidly for a moment before exploding into a great tower of dark flames. Poor Beacon80 is badly hurt in the flames, but the quick work of the security detail saves his life. He is gently levitated away by the healers and taken to the Ward.

Looking up at the glowing Announcement Board, you see the following Statements:

ExKirby, Subtle Wizard of forbidden Dark Magic has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
  Beacon80, Wizard of Fire has been injured by a rogue imp and is removed from the Tournament!

Ok, Duel 2 is over and a Dark Wizard of the Cabal has been found! Now you need to vote for the next pair of duelists!

Voting will go until ~10am Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 3 Vote Phase
« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2009, 12:30:16 pm »

Everybody listen up!  ExKirby is scum!  I am a Seer, and I can determine one person's element each setup phase.  On setup phase 1, I inspected Mr.Person, and got an Earth result.  On setup phase 2, I inspected ExKirby.  Guess what?  Darkness element.  Goodbye, scum archmage.  See you in hell.

Not sure why he chose Darkness, but nevermind.  He dies today.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2009, 12:45:02 pm »

Everybody listen up!  ExKirby is scum!  I am a Seer, and I can determine one person's element each setup phase.  On setup phase 1, I inspected Mr.Person, and got an Earth result.  On setup phase 2, I inspected ExKirby.  Guess what?  Darkness element.  Goodbye, scum archmage.  See you in hell.

Not sure why he chose Darkness, but nevermind.  He dies today.
Leafsnail,why the hell would you reveal yourself as a seer to reveal such redundant information?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2009, 12:48:50 pm »

Wait.

So the fact that we have a SCUM ARCHMAGE is "redundant information"?  What?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2009, 12:51:49 pm »

As ExKirby lost the duel as is out of the Tournament, your vote has not been recorded.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2009, 12:59:35 pm »

Wait.

So the fact that we have a SCUM ARCHMAGE is "redundant information"?  What?
There's two possibilities to your situation that I can think of,either your really a town seer and royally F-d up,or your a cabal attempting to pass themselves off as town by imitating a seer that royally F-d up.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2009, 01:03:15 pm »

Hmm, this is what happens when I have very little time to post and don't read carefully.  Ah well.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2009, 01:52:50 pm »

Ok so, I'm going to just go ahead and say it: I doubt the ExKirby claiming Archmage was planned out by the scum. Battlemage, now that would of been the right claim, but Archmage? At least with Battlemage, there would be a chance that we wouldn't force him into the ring. So I'm going to go out on a wing and say I highly doubt AN is scum. Even as a regular wizard, with his number of assists, a win isn't a big shocker.

On a different note, vote Neruz. He's still scum.

@Leafsnail: God damn you're an idiot.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2009, 01:54:15 pm »

Yeah, I know.  Sorry, everyone.  If it's a consolation, the other scum players probably weren't dumb enough to choose Dark as their element.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2009, 03:46:20 pm »

vote Leafsnail.  I think it was a ruse so everyone thinks him a stupid seer, thus allowing him to avoid detection.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2009, 03:48:05 pm »

Or it could just be me fucking up again.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35