Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 41946 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 3 Vote Phase
« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20:18 pm »

The only way this could be fair is if AN claims his element. As much as I would love that happening, I know he'd probably lie about it anyways, so I'm not going to really bother asking.

Blarg, being in the ring while your foe knows your element sucks. Yes, it's terrible indeed.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2009, 09:22:15 pm »

Oh woe is you.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2009, 10:18:19 pm »

So it's scummy to assist someone you're fairly certain is town, in such a way that the rolls will not be affected, for a reason which you have stated in public?  You were the one who wanted to assist someone at random day 1, Neruz.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2009, 10:29:05 pm »

How exactly does healing not affect the rolls? Not only does healing make it much harder to damage somone, but unless Meph substantially changed his combat type, then healing is also statistically the best bonus you can give to someone.

And you might claim you're fairly certain that Apostolic is town, but the rest of us apparantly do not see it that way, so from my point of view you're just trying to mess up what should be a clean experiment.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2009, 11:15:02 pm »

Healing reduces the amount of damage done, not whether the wizard hits or not (that's defense).  Therefore, we will still be able to see if Apost gets through Mr. Person's defenses, and if Mr. Person can get through Apost's defenses.  How much damage is done by each attack isn't really known anyway, unless you get a 1-shot kill, so healing doesn't interfere with any known quantities.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2009, 11:24:53 pm »

It interferes with who wins.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 29, 2009, 02:00:32 am »

Precisely.  I want Apost to win, because I think he's town.  You want to experiment.  So go ahead and experiment to your heart's content by looking at who can strike, and how often they're successful.

Not to mention Leaf bungled it and gave away Mr. Person's affinity, so unless he's a very lucky combat-type mage, he's unlikely to win.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2009, 02:06:24 am »

Considering Apostolic's actions line up fairly well with what i'd expect froma newbie who pulled Cabal and accidentally screwed it up, i find your conviction that he is Tower more than a little odd.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2009, 10:15:48 am »

Neruz, Frelock's actions make sense.
He believes I'm Tower, and Mr.Person is <unknown>.
If I lose, Mr.Person remains <unknown>. If I win, Mr.Person flips and we find out what he is.

I don't think you need to be worried about me -- I only won the last fight due to a ridiculous amount of assists. If Mr.Person is Cabal, I may win due to the attack bonus, and indeed, I should win. If I lose, things are different than expected.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 29, 2009, 04:33:41 pm »

Frelock, why the turnaround?

You said previously you'd lynch anyone for 'giving up' like Apostolic Nihilist did. And now you're assisting him because you think he's Tower?

That's inconsistent. Inconsistency looks scummy.

And while we're at it, you voted for me and never showed your face again. Why?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2009, 06:18:14 pm »

Because I had a math test, a circuits project, and a lunar mission to plan.  My apologies, I shouldn't have waited till the last minute for that stuff.

As to my inconsistency, it was a matter of new information.  I did not know that Apost was a nullifier when I voted him in.  I believed the nullifier to be town.  Apost said he was the nullifier, and no-one contested him.  Therefore, I think it likely that he is, in fact, the nullifier, and therefore town.

It's scummy to be inconsistent, but it's foolish to believe in only one idea no matter what new information comes your way.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 29, 2009, 06:24:51 pm »

Apostolic Nihilist walks out into the Arena on the North Side, the crowd cheering wildly. He raises his staff high in the air and great Orange runes shimmer into place around it. He gestures, and the Runes begin to swirl in the air, forming a shimmering Orange whirlwind around him.

Mr. Person enters on the South Side of the Arena. Once in position, his hands begin to weave complex patterns until a great ball of Lime Green Fire forms between them.

Once the lights from the Marshal pass overhead, Mr. Person lets loose a yell and hurls the fireball at Apostolic Nihilist. The Orange mage is caught completely by surprise, and the blast from the exploding ball of fire sends him sprawling on the ground. After a few moments of watching him lie on the ground with a smoldering cloak the Marshal calls the duel to an end.

A one-shot victory for Mr. Person! The crowd is stunned into silence for a bit before erupting in a cacophony of shouting, cheers, and boos.

Hearing shouting from your own area, you turn around to see Leafsnail babbling something about the color blue invading and how he has to stop it. Eventually the security guards talk him into going to the Healing Ward with them.

Looking up at the glowing Announcement Board, you see the following Statements:

Apostolic Nihilist, Nullifier of Earth has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
  Leafsnail, Seer of Air has ingested some hallucinogens and is removed from the Tournament!

Ok, that's it for Duel 3!

Vote Phase for Duel 4 will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 4 Vote Phase
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2009, 06:32:11 pm »

Hey, that duel looked strangely familiar didn't it? And Mr.Person was using the wrong element.

Mr.Person is Cabal, get back in there boy.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 29, 2009, 06:34:44 pm »

O yeah, very fast victory for Mr Person. Who agrees on the caballyness of it all?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 29, 2009, 07:17:57 pm »

So, helping Apost was a bad idea?

In any case, I agree that Mr. Person won that round a bit too handily.  Of course, there are other roles (even town ones) which could help his chances of doing that.  Now, we just have to find the last cabal, and toss him in there with Mr. Person.
The only way this could be fair is if AN claims his element. As much as I would love that happening, I know he'd probably lie about it anyways, so I'm not going to really bother asking.

Blarg, being in the ring while your foe knows your element sucks. Yes, it's terrible indeed.
So, you simply got a random roll which happened to be 11 higher than Apost's?

Also, I'd like to note that we're down to six people.  If we guess right, and both cabal go in, we're golden.  If we're wrong, and Mr. Person happens to be town, or he kills whomever else we throw in there, then we're down to 2 townies and 2 mafia; not a good situation.  If we're halfway right, and the scum dies in the ring, we're at 3 town and 1 scum.  Still not a good place to be, but We'll deal.  Hopefully, the town still has some battle roles left.

I'm kinda tempted to call for a mass claim right now, but what do you guys think?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35