Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 41979 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 4 Vote Phase
« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2009, 08:41:24 pm »

Good conversation.  I sort of wish Mr. Person would get in here and talk to, but the non-voted for players conversing is good.

Org, why are you suspicious of Shadowdump?  Gut feeling, or something more?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2009, 09:55:39 pm »

Gut feeling, really. Was that sarcasm? :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 31, 2009, 10:28:11 pm »

Decisive victories tend to mean Cabal defeating Tower. Mr. Person.

My first instinct tells me to vote SHADOWdump into the ring. He's been lurking pretty much the whole game, but I don't know his playstyle so I didn't know whether this was normal behavior or not.

My second instinct tells me to vote Org into the ring. Org is impossible to read, town or scum, so I don't know what to do with him. His behavior has been odd. He voted for Leafsnail when he revealed he was the Seer, which looked pretty damn odd, and backtracked immediately. Other than that, he's been his usual Org self.

My third instinct tells me to vote Frelock into the ring. He assisted Apostolic Nihilist, and that looked scummy, but his explanations for his actions, even his inconsistency, have satisfied me.

My fourth instinct tells me to vote Neruz into the ring, because I've considered him Tower for too long and now I feel like I should doubt this.

And that covers everyone. Of these possibilities, I am more certain that Frelock and Neruz are Tower than I am of Org and SHADOWdump.

Buuuuut, Org and Mr. Person both decided to not assist Apostolic Nihilist during Duel 2, when he was fighting ExKirby. So, Org.

Oh well. On a more related note, i'm stumped at this point. No-one else jumps out at me, the only cause for suspicion i have is Frelock being too 'leadery', but that's not much to go on at all.

From my observations, Frelock tends to participate more as the game nears its climax. He did the same during Round 1. I think this is normal behavior for him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2009, 11:00:36 pm »

BAH!

Unvote Mr. Person. I'm having a crisis of who to vote for.

If Mr. Person was Cabal, would he let ExKirby make such a stupid mistake as to claim Archmage when he was the subtle wizard? I don't know Mr. Person very well, but I suspect he's smart enough to not let something like that happen.

Further, something's been nagging at the back of my head this whole game, that this is basically how Mr. Person acts every game he's in. Everything he does looks scummy to me, even when he's innocent. So I'm going to back off of him for a moment.

Org is obviously scummy. Wanting to get ExKirby out of the ring during Voting 1, voting for Leafsnail because he claimed Seer Voting 3. Leaping on bandwagons, etc. etc.

Mr. Person is not obviously scummy in my mind anymore. I'm thinking that he might actually have a powerful Tower role. It might explain why he's not opposed to being in the ring, so long as we get Cabal in there, too. Or it might be a Cabal WIFOM speech. I'm just not sure.

So, Mr. Person, can you comment on why you're willing to go into the ring?

SHADOWdump, I don't know anything about you. You seem to like bandwagons, however. And you seem to think Mr. Person is scum, clearly, and you want to go after Frelock. So, can you explain why you think either of these two people are Cabal? Or can you comment on how we should proceed this voting phase? Start talking.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2009, 11:41:46 pm »

I'm fine with being in the ring since I do, in fact, have a good combat role. I would rather that you guys go out and vote 2 scum into the ring, but if you idiots REALLY want to vote me in (decisive victory is not a good enough reason, SHAD0Wdump and Org and Neruz. Sadly, I only have 2 votes, but you guys get the idea), I'm not exactly in a position to stop you guys.

So, helping Apost was a bad idea?

In any case, I agree that Mr. Person won that round a bit too handily.  Of course, there are other roles (even town ones) which could help his chances of doing that.  Now, we just have to find the last cabal, and toss him in there with Mr. Person.

You cannot have it both ways, you have to say I'm scum or not scum. You can't say "Oh, you're probably scum, I'm willing to take the chance."

No, it doesn't work that way. Only fools vote somebody just because of role. You have to go through my actions and say specific things that make me scum. You have to say your reasoning. Period.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2009, 02:41:45 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
Mr.Person: Frelock, Neruz, Org, SHAD0Wdump
Org: Frelock, Jim Groovester, Mr.Person
SHAD0Wdump: Jim Groovester, Mr.Person

Reminder: Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2009, 09:22:35 am »

I said I was going to not assist! Not everyone assisted. I think

Guys, please do not put me in the ring. I really dont want to use my last resort. Im going to get killed day 5 for it.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2009, 09:40:13 am »

I picked Mr. Person because of course he won that fight against his odds,but I am also against his typical banter,he comes off as highly defensive with that last post of his.

As for Frelock,I was going to vote for him to try to get him to talk,that usual scum hunting dealy,and really now that I think of it I should have. I still would prefer a good reason to do it with though.

And Org,seriously,explain what your feeling is about me being cabal.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2009, 09:48:12 am »

I said gut. Gut feeling. As in, not really sure, but maybe.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2009, 09:54:12 am »

Guys, please do not put me in the ring. I really dont want to use my last resort. Im going to get killed day 5 for it.
Also,what is this? I saw nothing about a role that kills itself off on a deadline...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2009, 09:55:37 am »

Well, decisive wins are usually a bad thing...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2009, 01:30:01 pm »

Well, decisive wins are usually a bad thing...

But it's not enough to be sure, now is it? Can you be 100% sure I'm scum JUST because a got a high roll? No, you can't, so stop trying. Seriously, are you morons going to vote me JUST because I won a duel? That's not good enough, and you know it.

I picked Mr. Person because of course he won that fight against his odds,but I am also against his typical banter,he comes off as highly defensive with that last post of his.
(Friendly tip, you're supposed to put spaces after commas.)

Well, what would you do in my situation? I have to defend myself. Defending oneself is not scummy. I'd like you to note, however, that I also asked Org, Neruz, and SHAD0Wdump to explain their actions and think about if they really think I'm scum. Neruz is lurking, Org is being wishy-washy, and SHAD0Wdump is now rolefishing. And you're going to pick ME? It's like you guys can't see the scummy behavior sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! Am I the only one playing anymore? Well, I guess Frelock is here, he's been trying, it seems.

Unvote SHAD0Wdump and vote Neruz. Neruz is lurking, which is simply unacceptable

SHAD0Wdump: Rolefishing? Really? And here I was thinking you were town, but now you've earned yourself a nice FoS

Org: Perhaps you should find some evidence to back up your feeling. Seriously, we're going to need to hear a little bit more "I got a feeling" from you.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2009, 01:35:56 pm »

I agree, Org's feeling isn't much evidence.  However, with your last statement, Org, I'm definitely keeping my vote on you, though this will doom Mr. Person. 
It's clear now; you're an alchemist.  You probably have some incredible attack potion or defense potion which you've been saving.  When you go into the ring and win decisively, you're worried that we'll all vote you back into the ring as cabal to be killed. 

Saving things which can dramatically effect a lynch is a BAD thing to do.  Only scum needs to keep something like that till near the end of the game, so they can effect the outcome when it matters most.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2009, 02:34:09 pm »

But it's not enough to be sure, now is it? Can you be 100% sure I'm scum JUST because a got a high roll? No, you can't, so stop trying. Seriously, are you morons going to vote me JUST because I won a duel? That's not good enough, and you know it.

We can be 100% sure you have a bonus to attack, as it's statistically impossible to defeat someone in 1 hit without an attack bonus if he has a bonus to healing, as your opponent did.

So you're either Cabal, Archmage or War Mage, since you havn't roleclaimed War Mage or Archmage and have been extremely defensive about your huje victory, Cabal is the ovbious choice.

Also, Lurking? I was asleep you moron.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2009, 02:43:21 pm »

We can be 100% sure you have a bonus to attack, as it's statistically impossible to defeat someone in 1 hit without an attack bonus if he has a bonus to healing, as your opponent did.

So you're either Cabal, Archmage or War Mage, since you havn't roleclaimed War Mage or Archmage and have been extremely defensive about your huje victory, Cabal is the ovbious choice.

Also, Lurking? I was asleep you moron.

You aren't even reading my posts, are you?

You're still lurking, btw. You aren't posting content. You're just putting your fingers in your ears and going "la-la-la, you're scum, I'm not even going to bother reading your posts, la-la-la"

For reference:

I'm fine with being in the ring since I do, in fact, have a good combat role. I would rather that you guys go out and vote 2 scum into the ring, but if you idiots REALLY want to vote me in (decisive victory is not a good enough reason, SHAD0Wdump and Org and Neruz. Sadly, I only have 2 votes, but you guys get the idea), I'm not exactly in a position to stop you guys.

Of course, I'm not trying to imply that Org isn't lurking, or that everybody else needs to talk, but I'm just saying, you're lurking too.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35