Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 41857 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 5 Set-up Phase
« Reply #465 on: November 08, 2009, 01:51:41 pm »

The crowd looks on eagerly as the two new wizards enter the Arena.

Org, from the North side, flourishes his wand and turquoise flames erupt on the ground around him.

Neruz walks in on the South Side. He spins his staff, and Raging Roseate  runes erupt in the air around him. They begin to swirl and pulsate, forming a spinning disk of rose-tinged air before him.

The Marshal signals the duel to begin, and Neruz thrusts forward with his staff. The disk of air slices across the arena to slam into the unprepared Org. The turquoise wizard is flung backwards and sent rolling across the arena. Neruz slashes with his staff, and another disk of air slices downwards. Org has raised defenses by this time, however, and the air sparks off the glowing runes.

Org rolls to his feet, and sends a blast of blue fire a the roseate mage. Neruz throws up defensive runes, but not fast enough to completely avoid the bast. He staggers backwards, singed and smoking. Another blast of fire explodes from the blue wizard, but this time Neruz's shields are ready, and the fires die before they can touch him.

Neruz cracks his staff on the ground, and a rush of air slams against Org. He staggers a bit, but stays on his feet and slashes downwards with his wand. A ball of fire streaks forward, exploding against Neruz's shields. As the roseate mage struggles to keep that blast from getting through Org performs a complicated series of gestures and a great tower of flame erupts from the ground at Neruz's feet. The roseate runes flare and then collapse, leaving Neruz to slump to the ground, robes smoking.

After a few moments, the Marshal calls the duel over.

Org strides out to the cheers of the audience while the healers carefully take Neruz off to the Healing Ward for treatment.

Looking up at the glowing Announcement Board, you see the following Statement:

Neruz, Battle Mage of Air has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!

Ok, voting for Duel 6 has begun. I will move to the set-up phase as soon as all votes are in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 6 Vote Phase
« Reply #466 on: November 08, 2009, 01:58:24 pm »

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHGAJHUHAHAHAHHA

Frelock and Shadow

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 08, 2009, 02:52:19 pm »

Well, Shadow, which of us wants to try for the win?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 08, 2009, 05:43:09 pm »

What was your class again?

On one hand,if you've got stat boosts,you should go in first because your more proficiant,and I can still assist you.

Otherwise I probably should go in because Org can't counter my affinity...
 Unless cabal can use dark as a attack irregardless of whether they used it as their affinity...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 08, 2009, 06:38:39 pm »

I'm an archivist, no combat bonuses, I'm afraid.

Org and Shadow

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 08, 2009, 06:42:52 pm »

Org and SHAD0Wdump.

Wish me luck!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 08, 2009, 07:51:32 pm »

All right, Org and Shadowdump it is!

Frelock, post your assist. Org, SHADOWdump, pm me your Elemental attack choices.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 6 Set-up Phase
« Reply #472 on: November 08, 2009, 09:32:14 pm »

Frelock! Assist me! I am the townie!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2009, 09:40:24 pm »

This is what is annoying about Wizard Duel; even once you've found the Cabal there's no guarantee you can win. Curses!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2009, 10:06:26 pm »

Might as well assist me, the actual townie. he is the Cabal Celestial Mage! You cant trust him.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 09, 2009, 01:07:41 am »

Heh, I checked him out last night, and he is indeed the celestial mage.  Not that assisting with light gave him away or anything.

I assist Shadow's Defense with Earth

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 09, 2009, 01:07:18 pm »

Frelock inscribes Teal runes of Earth in the air above SHAD0Wdump to give him a Defense Boost

Org enters from the North side of the Arena to the applause of the masses. He lifts his arms and a giant rune of turquoise flame appears above his head.

SHADOWdump walks calmly into the arena on the South Side and folds his hands before him. Bright purple runes of shimmering light appear in the air around him.

At the signal from the Marshal the mages spring into action. SHADOWdump sends a beam of pure light slamming into Org. The turquoise shields hold for a moment, but Org is forced to dodge aside as the runes buckle. A trickle of blood can be seen running down his cheek. Snarling, the blue wizard throws his hands forward and a swarm of blue fireballs slams into the purple mage. His shields hold for but an instant before he is engulfed in flame.

His screaming is cut mercifully short as the Healers rush out and douse the flames. Org gives a bow to the audience and walks out of the Arena to prepare for the final round.

Looking up at the glowing Announcement Board, you see the following Statement:

SHAD0Wdump , Celestial Mage has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!

Ok, Frelock and Org, let me know what elements you're going to use and we can wrap up this game.

Tweaks to the rules will be forthcoming for the next round, I think.
Come play Mafia with us!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 09, 2009, 01:33:41 pm »

Org,a high mage? Sounds awfully preposterous!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #478 on: November 09, 2009, 03:10:03 pm »

Let's face it-Org has won. It's safe to say that me and the scum team have taken the game.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 09, 2009, 03:11:56 pm »

Frelock could get lucky... Right?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35