Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Over - All Hail Org, new High Mage  (Read 41259 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 2 - Duel 3 Vote Phase
« Reply #285 on: October 27, 2009, 06:53:26 pm »

Weights determine relative power levels. The script tries to balance overall Tower power with the Cabal power.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2009, 06:59:42 pm »

Org not providing reasons for assisting is not nearly as strange as you, Apostolic Nihilist, getting on Org's case about it and totally ignoring Mr. Person for doing the same thing. I looked through the whole set up phase, and Mr. Person didn't say why he wasn't assisting.

So why are you cutting Mr. Person some slack, Apostolic Nihilist?

Anyway, here's a crackpot theory:

Exkirby didn't cast a second vote because it was a tie between his scum partners, Mr. Person and Apostolic Nihilist.

How does that sound?

I've questioned Apostolic before, and it seems like there's a connection between him and Mr. Person. And they've both acted scummy enough individually to warrant voting. So why not lump them together?

Unvote Org. I'd be interested to see what a Mr. Person and Apostolic Nihilist match up turned up.

I hadn't actually looked at Mr.Person's refusal to assist very critically. I found Org more suspicious for continuously evading my questions. 
I'd be more interested in an Org/Mr.Person match; at the very least I think we'd have a higher chance of hitting scum.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2009, 07:04:15 pm »

I have been answering your questions.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2009, 07:12:27 pm »

So, Apostolic, your first instinct when I accuse you and Mr. Person of being a scum team is to vote for him?

Oh, right, because scum would never vote for each other to distance themselves from one another.

Too bad you didn't do this before I pointed it out.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2009, 07:18:33 pm »

I'm going to run with you for now Jim, since i'm already gunning for Mr.Person due to his prior actions, and it was a bit odd for ExKirby to not cast a vote on who he wanted to fight unless both options were equally bad, i'm also not entire sure i believe his previous roleclaim and that immediate vote on Mr.Person when the things went bad is textbook, so my second vote is Apostolic Nihilist .

If Apostolic flips Tower though, then i think i might be taking a very close look at your previous actions and reasoning behind them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2009, 07:54:25 am »

You know, the great thing about a forum is that you can go back and check things, Org.

I will most likely not do anything asissting.

...Wait, Org didn't even say No Asssist.  Subtle Mage, perhaps?
So you're saying that Org is scum because he COULD be a Subtle Mage? Hmm, I love your logic there Leafsnail, I think you could be a subtle mage too, so you must be scum!
Not really, more because he provided no explanation for his action (or lack of action).

What was with the Weight? I didnt understand that. :P
The power level of a role compared to other roles.  Prevents an all wizard tower and an all Archmage cabal :P.

Org not providing reasons for assisting is not nearly as strange as you, Apostolic Nihilist, getting on Org's case about it and totally ignoring Mr. Person for doing the same thing. I looked through the whole set up phase, and Mr. Person didn't say why he wasn't assisting.

So why are you cutting Mr. Person some slack, Apostolic Nihilist?

Anyway, here's a crackpot theory:

Exkirby didn't cast a second vote because it was a tie between his scum partners, Mr. Person and Apostolic Nihilist.

How does that sound?

I've questioned Apostolic before, and it seems like there's a connection between him and Mr. Person. And they've both acted scummy enough individually to warrant voting. So why not lump them together?

Unvote Org. I'd be interested to see what a Mr. Person and Apostolic Nihilist match up turned up.

I hadn't actually looked at Mr.Person's refusal to assist very critically. I found Org more suspicious for continuously evading my questions. 
I'd be more interested in an Org/Mr.Person match; at the very least I think we'd have a higher chance of hitting scum.
This does smack rather a lot of desperate bussing, although it could also be a defensive move by a tower wizard.  I do, however, find it suspicious enough to warrant a vote on Apostolic Nihilist.

ExKirby's refusal to place a tie-breaking vote is interesting, but it could be read as a deliberate attempt to incriminate Mr.Person.  Then again, the fact he only really discusses meta and occasionally comes out of the shadows to insult someone elses logic smacks of scum trying to lie low and appear to be doing something, so vote Mr.Person.  He also seems to have been slightly defending Apost, while attempting to push Neruz, a fairly easy target, into the ring.

Oh, and this is important: I will be on holiday from thursday to sunday, and will arrive back on monday.  Not entirely sure if this means I will need a replacement (replacements can take longer to find than 4 days), but I thought I should let you know.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 28, 2009, 10:19:53 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
Apostolic Nihilist: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Neruz
Jim Groovester: Frelock
Mr.Person: Apostolic Nihilist, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Neruz
Neruz: Mr.Person
Org: Apostolic Nihilist

You have two hours to add or change your votes.

Leafsnail, since we'll just be going into the set-up phase next you should be ok without a replacement. Can you make sure you post your assist (or no assist) before you head out?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2009, 12:18:28 pm »

The votes are in, and we have our next two duelists!

I present to you Apostolic Nihilist, returning victor from the last bout. And his new challenger, Mr.Person!

Vote phase has ended. Those with them need to send in their Side-actions. Duelists need to PM me the Element they are using to attack with. Everyone else, please either post and Assist or post No Assist if you do not wish to Assist.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 28, 2009, 01:16:17 pm »

No assist.

I want this to be an informative match, not an execution.

Apostolic Nihilist should beat Mr. Person easily enough, seeing as how Leafsnail revealed his affinity.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2009, 01:35:15 pm »

Er, yeah, pretty much.  No assist here, too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2009, 01:56:08 pm »

No assist.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2009, 03:22:30 pm »

As I've said before, I believe I was nullified N1 by town, not by scum.  Therefore, as there has been no counter to Apost's claim of nullifier, I'm going to assume that he is town.  Therefore, Assist Apostolic with Water Healing.

We'll still get plenty of information from this, as we'll still see what attacks hit and what don't.  Choosing the correct element gives double the damage, so it's helpful only if you actually hit.  If Mr. Person is cabal, then Apost will have a hard time hitting.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2009, 04:13:26 pm »

No assist to make it fair.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 28, 2009, 04:20:17 pm »

Frelock inscribes Teal runes of Water in the air above Apostolic Nihilist to give him additional Healing
Come play Mafia with us!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 28, 2009, 09:00:23 pm »

No Assist, looks like my second vote next round is going to Frelock.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35