Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In need of a complete crash-course  (Read 702 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
In need of a complete crash-course
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:12:29 pm »

This game looks awesome, for a lot of reasons. But, for a lot of reasons, I find it even harder to get into than DF. Is there any sort of up-to-date tutorial for really getting into this game?

Lacking that, is there any help you can give me? I can't even tell what I'm looking at when I get to the starting screen after making my character. I don't know what buttons do what, and surprisingly enough losing is not as fun as I enjoy. I'm not even sure if time passes.

Any help?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: In need of a complete crash-course
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 08:03:06 pm »

It's turn-based. When you're on the starter game, you have a handful of options: go to a site to perform assorted actions (murder, recruiting, stealing, etc). You may also assign automated tasks, and then to move to the next turn (and deploy into battles and such) you press the Wait button

Kent Able

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In need of a complete crash-course
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:17:18 pm »

http://lcs.wikidot.com/beginner-s-guide

'Nuff said?  :D Like any roguelike it takes a while to memorize what keys do what (thankfully there's fewer keys than most). Delve into the wiki a bit and then see if you do better. Before the wiki I was a mess, regularly getting killed by conservative swine (and that was before the Conservative Nightmare mode!).