Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: -=Random Contest=- DEATH TO EVERYONE.  (Read 1289 times)

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-=Random Contest=- DEATH TO EVERYONE.
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:37:11 pm »

Hey everyone, In celibration of october (and saw vi being released) I would like you all to go our and build your own 'tests of survival' and document it thoroughly.  Remember the basic rules.

You must have a way to select out a dwarf for testing.
You must have a UNIQUE test for that dwarf.
That dwarf MUST have a chance for survival.

Granted you can just be sick and ignore these rules but these are good guidlines to go by.

Special points to every member of your dwarven team who has been tested by the end of this.  Try to keep it just the starting seven but if you choose to build a whole fortress for this go for it! Keep us updated and rack up bonus points. (Only those who pass the test shall be allowed to stay alive in your fortress! Nobility is no exception.) (Think you can test the caravan? GO FOR IT!)

This may all be for honor but its also for amusement, Try to get into your roles as jigsaw and make everyone proud!

Live or die, The choice is yours. The game begins.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: -=Random Contest=- DEATH TO EVERYONE.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:43:19 pm »

Wait... so there's some kind of puzzle or test that they must pass to get into your fortress correct?

For example, a needlessly complex system of pressure pads and flood gates that open and close depending on who steps where? Or better yet, the pads open and close hatches into water (that can be later drained away so those who passed the test can loot the bodies of drowned dwarves), often drowning unfortunate dwarves. They must get through the maze to pass the test.

Bonuses: Auto tests caravans and acts as a defensive structure TOO.

Bonus points if you can manage to make it so there's ALWAYS at least one path open from beginning to end, so that wagons ALWAYS spawn.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 06:22:27 am »

Correctamundo. You've basically nailed this on the head ;P Consider it survival of the fittest.

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 08:18:46 am »

already on my to-do list ahehheh, with two modes, death for all and death for most

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 12:13:32 pm »

I just thought I'd give a centralized place for people to come and post their outcomes... I mean in the spirit of halloween and the saw series continuing (though really their dragging it on its face through the cow-pie muddy streets.)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 01:42:14 pm »

Well, here's the thing. So that you can keep those alive who EARNED it, you need to make the inside either totally self sufficent, or have a back entry that you close up once caravans and migrants arrive.

Also, this makes for an AWESOME adventurer place once you abandon :3
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 04:01:13 pm »

Indeed it does. And any dwarf who makes a second entrance is a foolish dwarf. Self sufficience is a way to go. (Or a lever to disable all traps if at all possible!)