Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Parallel World Mafia:, Game setting up. Signups Closed  (Read 2834 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Parallel World Mafia:, Game setting up. Signups Closed
« on: October 08, 2009, 02:41:37 pm »

An idea sprung to my head.  I'm ponder how everyone feels about it.

Parallel World Mafia

Basic rules.  Standard roles (perhaps more than Beginner, but none of the more crazier ones).

The quirk start with this:  There will be two games running at the same time.  Both will start the same and sync in their deadlines (if one is extended, the other will to, for example).  Both will have the same role possibilities.

The second quirk: the games can interact.

Each player has the choice of joining one or both games.  If you join only one, the game is just about normal for you.

If you join both, you are considered in Parallel with both games.  That means if you have a power role, you are given the option of using that power in either game.  If you are a cop in game A, you may investigate a person in game B.  If you are a doctor in one game and a roleblocker in the other, you can flip flop using the roles in each game or use both in one game. 

Yes, that also means that Mafia from one game can kill in another. 

The roles are randomized in both games.  You can be a mafia in one game and a townie in the other.  The mafia will have more access to power roles (i.e. Mafia Cop) and can use both powers as they wish. 

Note: each power role gets to use their power once.. if you are a cop in one game and something else in the other, you get ONE investigation.

Finally, those who 'unfortunately' role up vanilla in BOTH games get one last power: at day's end, if they novote in one game but vote in the other, their vote will count double (the idea: you shift both votes into the same game). 

The catch to all this power: if you are in both games, you MUST win in BOTH games to actually 'win'.  If you are town in both games, then town MUST win in both.  It still applies if you are mafia in one and town in another. 

If you are in only one game, you only need to win in one game, but you cannot affect the other game.  The other game CAN affect you though.

Lastly, the full game ends when BOTH 'worlds' come to a conclusion.  Thus, if, say, the town wins one game early they still go through day/night cycles and, thus, Parallels can use their powers to affect the other game. 

Comments welcome.  If you wish to join, reply here stating which world you want to join: A, B, or Both.  If you join either A or B you'll be a single.  If you join Both you'll be a Parallel.

Possible roles (possible to both town and mafia unless stated):
Cop
Rolecop
Doctor
Roleblocker
Redirecter
Bus Driver
Untouchable/Royalty (if one shows, so will the other.  1 in 10 chance of occuring)

Game A:
1.Leafsnail
2.Servant Corps
3.Kashyyk
4.Apostolic Nihilist
5.Vector
6.Pandarsenic
7.Nuke9.13
8.Redwarrior0
9.Webadict

Game B:
1.Leafsnail
2.Servant Corps
3.Kashyyk
4.Vector
5.Pandarsenic
6.Nuke9.13
7.ExKirby
8.Redwarrior0
9.Webadict
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:59:44 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal: Parallel World Mafia
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 02:44:26 pm »

Could be interesting.  I remember seeing something like this on Mafiascum, but with about 3 different games going on, heh.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 02:55:03 pm »

This could turn into something crazy. For that reason, I suggest limiting the players that can be in both games to half the total players.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 03:00:22 pm »

You sure it will? 

Remember, it's all fun and games to go double investigating or killing in one game, BUT that leaves you more vulnerable in the other game, and if you win one and lose the other you Lose overall.

Besides, half Parallels means I'll need 13 people (5 parallels, 4 singles in each game).  That might be harder to do here.

What I CAN do is greatly limit the double roles, especially among the mafia.  That way you won't have, essentually, a doc/cop combo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:04:56 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:08:03 pm »

this sounds awesome!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 03:09:26 pm »

I can see mafia backstabbing going on.  It could cause trouble to know that you're actually working against your mafia mate on the other game :P.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 03:32:05 pm »

Tricky to pull off though. 

Essentially, the mafia groups end up becoming Neighbors in the other game: unsure of the other person's status but able to contact them privately (via the Quick chat they share). 

The 'win in both worlds' trick, however, covers this somewhat.  For example, if me and leaf are Mafia in game A but I'm mafia in game B, even if we both KNOW each other's full status, we can't let that ruin our game A link.  If we let our conflict in game B affect how we work together in game A, the mafia will lose game A. 

Thus it won't matter what happens in game B: we lost.

Thus, the mafia will be in their best interests to focus on keeping the games seperate so as to maintain their win condition.  Of course, for those that can't do that, they can just keep their second power hidden so they can use it at will ;).
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 03:33:12 pm »

Meh.  Crazy is awesome.  I would definitely join.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 03:40:32 pm »

I really want to do this.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 03:41:10 pm »

Hehe, I see what you mean, but it would still be funny if Mafia Member A ended up killing Mafia Member B in the parellel world with his NK.  Plus cross-game FoS's would start getting very odd, especially for those who aren't in both worlds.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 03:50:19 pm »

I'll sign up for both.

I have a feeling that it may be possible no Parallel person will win this game, due to the need to win both games.

Note: each power role gets to use their power once.. if you are a cop in one game and something else in the other, you get ONE investigation.

You mean once per day? Sorta nerfs the doctor if he can only protect one person for his entire game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:53:13 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal: Parallel World Mafia. Also signups.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 03:55:04 pm »

wow.. well, I'll accept signups then.  If you havn't stated already, please put down if you want to be in game A, B, or Both (Both would make you a Parallel).
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 03:57:27 pm »

I'll be an interdimensional slider and say both.  A few questions:

What kind of roles?  Will there be, say, vigs?  Rolecops?  Will there be roles with alternate win conditions, like SKs and Survivors?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 04:02:41 pm »

Oh, it's one per Night (or day if I slip in day versions). 

i.e. If you're a parallel doc, you can protect, each night, a person in game A or B (but not one in each).

As for roles.. oo, rolecop. I forgot that one!  And that WOULD be very useful. 

Vig I'm scared of.  I have fears of all of the vigs and mafias attacking on one world.  No killing roles. 

Alternative roles... perhaps, but for now I'll play it strait.  Either you'll be pro town or pro mafia.

I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »

Both sounds like hilarious fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3