Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Parallel World Mafia:, Game setting up. Signups Closed  (Read 2836 times)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal: Parallel World Mafia, and signups.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 04:06:18 pm »

I'll join game A. Having everyone in both would be no fun at all! Besides, it'd be quite interesting to be NK'd by someone who doesn't even exist in your world.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 04:19:29 pm »

Oh, wait, I have another question.

If I die in one world, will I still be able to perform actions there?  Let's say I'm a VT in one game and a town roleblocker in the other game.  I get NK'd in game 1, but survive in game 2.  Game 2 is heading for an easy town victory, but it looks like the town is about to lose in Game 1.  Does this mean I'm allowed to throw my game 2 roleblock to game 1, in spite of the fact that I no longer exist in game 1, to prevent the scum from winning?

Also, will single world players be able to perform parallel world actions?  You may think there's no point, but if you think someone's going to NK you from the other world, you'd want to roleblock them.  Or if you think some might be controlling NKs from the other world you might want to investigate their otherworldly equivalent.

Lastly, how will pms work?  Can you only pm people in your own world?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 04:47:30 pm »

You must be alive in one world to affect it.  Thus, if you die in one world, you can't affect it from the other world.

Sidenote: Kills happen before Investigations.  It stops a few evil loopholes.

Single world players can't affect the parallel world.  The single world players only need to worry about one game.  Thus, they can't affect a world they have no investment in.

Thus, Single world Pro: only need to win once, Con: can't affect other world.

Parallel world  Pro: can manipulate both worlds, Con: MUST win in both worlds.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 05:01:37 pm »

Problem I see. If you Lose in one... Then it doesn't matter what happens to you in the other. Therefore, if you lose as town in one... You just don't care. Eh?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 05:47:30 pm »

You become KINGMAKER in the second game. You can't win yourself, but you get to decide who else wins.

... If you don't want a Kingmaker situation though, state that losing in one game causes you to be modkilled in the second game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:49:17 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 06:54:09 pm »

You're right, web.  Once you lose in one the other won't matter.  Since that requires one of the games to end, I'm assuming the second game will be close to ending anyway.  It CAN swing a game, though.

As for what the 'losers' do, I'm giving everyone a 'suicide' option once they hit that state.  At any time, they can request to suicide, effectively killing themselves.  They have the option to stay if they want to, though, and do as they wish. 

One thing to consider: even once a day ends, the survivors go through day and night.  That means the winners keep their characters and, thus, the powers that affect them.

So if town wins and you are a cop, you can use that investigation for the other world if you're a parallel (singles, you already officially won.  :P).  Yes, Mafia keeps their nightkill if they win. 

There's a LOT of situations and Fun that can occur due to the blood thirsty, crafty, evil players we have.  I expect insanity and game breaking.  I want mafias looking for a means to backstab each other.  I'll die of laughter if everyone in a town pushes hard to win one game only to go inactive in the other game and lose in the other game. 

Btw, Parallel Redirectors and other such skills can move the action between worlds.  I might put in Bussers as well for more lulz

You realize now what style of game I'm after? ;D
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 07:33:04 pm »

In for both like whoa... if you'll have me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 07:44:48 pm »

In for both A and B.

If you get your mafia partner killed in one game, you can essentially become a vig in the other, can't you? XD
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 07:49:59 pm »

@ Panda

Yup.  If mafia wins and you are the only mafia then, yes, you are essentially a vig. 

Also, even after the game ends and both mafia exist, they can still be affected by Parallel forces.  Bunk that, since day/nights still occur, voting STILL happens.  YES YOU CAN LYNCH post game. 

It won't have an effect towards the game after it's over, but..well.. you see the possibilities I hope.. if not, hope your enemies don't.

I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 07:59:19 pm »

Oh, I see them. I'll PM a couple I'm thinking of.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 08:33:32 pm »

Btw, if you can think of a role that'll do well here, go ahead and suggest it.

Note, I'm preferring no killing roles and no roles with alternative goals (must be pro-town or pro-mafia).
I KNEW IT!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Parallel World Mafia:, signups
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 08:47:14 pm »

I might join in (both) if you don't mind. Also, is this the bastard mod game you referred to in Color Mafia?

Untouchable and royalty from Wierdo 2
Untouchable: when killed, next night is skipped
Royalty: Same, but skips day instead

Could allow for interesting possibilities, as both games would have the phase skipped.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 09:05:35 pm »

Nah.  This isn't a bastard mod.  All of the rules are plain and, in essence, it works like a normal mafia: just with quirky role effects and lots of player-caused evil.

When I do Bastards, It'll be a BASTARD.

Hmm.. Untouchable/royalty.  I may allow it as a rare chance of showing.  Hehe..

I'll pair them though.  IF there's an Untouchable somewhere.. there will be a Royalty somewhere else. 

To soften it, it won't be for ALL kills.  It'll be either for lynch only or NK only.  It'll also be an 'extra effect' that can show regardless of world status: So you can be a Cop Untouchable, or a Townie Royalty, or a Mafia Cop Untouchable in Game A and a Town Cop Royalty in Game B.

Again.. it'll be a rare setting.
I KNEW IT!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 06:22:10 am »

Sure sign me up for both.
Long Live United Forenia!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Parallel World Mafia:, signups. Need 3-5 more people
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 10:57:44 am »

I'll be in a single game.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 [2] 3