Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 53639 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16
« on: October 08, 2009, 06:43:23 pm »

So i'm working on a little utility which will run besides DF and add SPELLS!!!!! My idea of doing this is by adding new types of gems, calling them "runes" (e.g. rune of berserk, rune of shining ...) and items decorated with those runes gets "magical" properties (e.g. rune of berserk-> makes wearer berserk, rune of shining-> makes random dwarf equip it).

Get It Here:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1480
DF must be ver: 40d16.
Currently available:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:27:13 pm by darius »

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF mod/utility/hack idea/WIP
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:34:16 pm »

I'm pretty certain that things like this won't be possible for a long time... magic and magic items just don't exist yet.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: DF mod/utility/hack WIP
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 12:20:07 pm »

Ok done beta... Atraction (makes dwarves pickup trinkets) works, but dwarves do not carry them so it's kinda broken.
Works with 40d16
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1480

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 02:27:09 pm »

I like the idea. Also, Frogwarrior, you obviously haven't seen magma generating and zombie-reviving statues by Darius yet.
I'd say, post both utilities here. I am highly enjoying my firey pit of hell using your inferno statues.

PS. How do you want to go with revival issue? Will the items revive corpses on the same tile? I'd say, reviving statues were better.

I like the mist generating idea. You could add those gems into common caps and make your favourite dwarves wear them so they're always happy... A shower-cap! What a great invention.

Also I'd suggest a rune which heals the carrier. It would be really handy for best champions. Make 2 kinds: rune of health and rune of regeneration, first one should be a lesser version and heal damaged bodyparts while second one should regrow lost ones.

I'd say, make a rune of melancholy, to kill depressing nobles. I'd have a "crown of sorrow" and use it to make the most nasty nobles to commit suicides (and probably then rise them as zombies for my champions to have fun with).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 02:31:28 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 02:48:27 pm »

I like the idea. Also, Frogwarrior, you obviously haven't seen magma generating and zombie-reviving statues by Darius yet.
I'd say, post both utilities here. I am highly enjoying my firey pit of hell using your inferno statues.

PS. How do you want to go with revival issue? Will the items revive corpses on the same tile? I'd say, reviving statues were better.

I like the mist generating idea. You could add those gems into common caps and make your favourite dwarves wear them so they're always happy... A shower-cap! What a great invention.

Also I'd suggest a rune which heals the carrier. It would be really handy for best champions. Make 2 kinds: rune of health and rune of regeneration, first one should be a lesser version and heal damaged bodyparts while second one should regrow lost ones.

I'd say, make a rune of melancholy, to kill depressing nobles. I'd have a "crown of sorrow" and use it to make the most nasty nobles to commit suicides (and probably then rise them as zombies for my champions to have fun with).
Great ideas. Those two runes (health and regen) are easy to add, but for all the items, I'm not sure how to make them equip the damn item... BTW you can make statues with this mod (encrust statue with rune and then build it) also works on armour stands, coffin and anvil(what was i thinking?). Also shower-cap has a flaw... You cant encrust clothing (or armour) with gems... So I don't know how to make that happen.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 03:08:05 am »

Well, yeah, only a mood item may become such. Still, it's cool.

How do encrusted statues work?

The only thing I think the dwarf will carry is ammo. What under "finished goods" may be carried all the time?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 03:20:37 am »

Backpack? Quiver?

EDIT: Flask? Everything else is worn...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:26:30 am by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 03:31:54 am »

Civillian dwarves would carry picks though, admittedly then you would need to set all your dwarves to start mining and have alot of gems and stuff to get there, I'm not even sure if you can encrust them or anything, but figuring as they can file under weapons I am guessing its possible

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 04:32:53 am »

Update, I even wrote a readme  :P

Changes:
  added melancholy, health, regen and armours/weapons as valid wearables

Ps: Forgot to mention you can edit spells.txt to make metals magical. So it allows weapon and armour "enchanting" by studding them with metals.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:35:53 am by darius »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 04:36:48 am »

Dear Armok, just bumping to show my appreciation for the sheer awesome hax of it all.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 07:40:07 am »

Update, I even wrote a readme  :P

Changes:
  added melancholy, health, regen and armours/weapons as valid wearables

Ps: Forgot to mention you can edit spells.txt to make metals magical. So it allows weapon and armour "enchanting" by studding them with metals.
Two questions please:
1) How do you allow it to encrust weapons?
2) What if a weapon is completely made out of a "magical" metal? It works?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 11:38:55 am »

Two questions please:
1) How do you allow it to encrust weapons?
2) What if a weapon is completely made out of a "magical" metal? It works?
1) like this:
   add new metal to df (optional)
   rename spells.txt_ to spells.txt
   edit spells.txt to have M <YOURMETALNAMEHERE> in some line(each line is for each spell)
   if you don't want to add new metal than type something like: M GOLD or M ELECTRUM somewhere
   and finally there is a job (dont remember where exactly forge or craftdwarfs workshop) to stud item with metal. So basicaly the same as with runes
2) yes it does.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 05:50:48 am »

So how does the Revive thing work?
Does it rez all who die either as normal units that shrug their death off and return to work, or what?

Also, does it have a radius where the dead resurrect, or does it count to the entire area of your fort and the surroundings?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 10:03:27 am »

So how does the Revive thing work?
Does it rez all who die either as normal units that shrug their death off and return to work, or what?

Also, does it have a radius where the dead resurrect, or does it count to the entire area of your fort and the surroundings?
It resurrects body of any creature. And yes they just shrug their death off and return to work. (It looks quite strange in legends as creatures will have a few entries that he died :D ) And it has an area (currently it depends on quality of statue or similar).
Zombie spell is a bit different. It resurrects creatures but as zombies. Funtm ensured!

Fun is trademark of DF.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 11:05:47 am »

Hmm. Will there be a skeleton resurrector later on, or is that special somehow?

But yes, this does seem fun. FUN ENOUGH TO REGEN A GROUP FORT FOR.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18