Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 53638 times)

PaperJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF mod/utility/hack WIP
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 11:30:45 am »

Unstable Rune: Makes the wearer explode into a shower of gore and magma mist when hit or seemingly at random.
Explosive Rune: Makes the wearer explode into a shower of gore and magma mist when dieing.
Firebreath Rune: Makes the wearer able to breath dragon fire.
Fireball Rune: Makes the wearer able to throw fireballs.
Fey Rune: Makes the wearer slightly more inclined to go into a mood.
Demonic Rune: Makes the wearer go randomly on berserk and has high regenerative properties. However, the wearer also has a much higher chance to get Possessed.
Rune of Slack: Makes the wearer never stop to throw parties.
Rune of Work: Makes the wearer never stop working (removes hunger, thirst and sleep), but slows his learning rate by 50%.
Immortal Rune: Removes hunger and thirst from the wearer and makes him sleep rarely. However, when the wearer sleeps, it stays unconscious for a lot more than a normal dwarf.
Philosopher Rune: Removes hunger, thirst and sleep from the dwarf. It also makes him unable to age.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:33:02 am by PaperJack »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 09:49:09 am »

Unstable Rune: Makes the wearer explode into a shower of gore and magma mist when hit or seemingly at random.
Explosive Rune: Makes the wearer explode into a shower of gore and magma mist when dieing.
Firebreath Rune: Makes the wearer able to breath dragon fire.
Fireball Rune: Makes the wearer able to throw fireballs.
Fey Rune: Makes the wearer slightly more inclined to go into a mood.
Demonic Rune: Makes the wearer go randomly on berserk and has high regenerative properties. However, the wearer also has a much higher chance to get Possessed.
Rune of Slack: Makes the wearer never stop to throw parties.
Rune of Work: Makes the wearer never stop working (removes hunger, thirst and sleep), but slows his learning rate by 50%.
Immortal Rune: Removes hunger and thirst from the wearer and makes him sleep rarely. However, when the wearer sleeps, it stays unconscious for a lot more than a normal dwarf.
Philosopher Rune: Removes hunger, thirst and sleep from the dwarf. It also makes him unable to age.

Great ideas! Will look into what is possible what is not.

On the other note: Update: added rune of hostility and rune of conversion.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 09:13:18 pm »

posting so i can follow this thread, also, bumping it a little

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 07:33:14 pm »

Small update: Added teleportation. Also thinking about adding trigger runes. Then it will work like this: Runes for effects and runes for triggers. Triggers could be(already have means for): dig, attack,attacked, random ...
As for PaperJack's Ideas:
Makes the wearer explode <- couldn't find (yet) what makes creatures explode
Fireballs and firebreath are race specific... I think. So there could be rune that makes EVERYONE of that race spit fire :D
All things about moods (artifact making moods) could be hard (or even impossible) to make. As for non artifact moods all is ok.
Parties and never stop working could be... emulated (changing job types) will test it.
As for hunger, tiredness, thirst all is good. Maybe i will find what makes them go to sleep and add trigger SLEEP.
Also age is possible, but hard to make unable to age. I could add age, set it to const, or lower it.

PS: having HUGE troubles with teh internets...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 08:20:31 pm »

the horible blade of zombiefication :D

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 12:19:01 pm »

The coffin of revivification 8) though the rune of zombification sounds like itd turn the dead into the living dead, zombies, but the description sounds like itd bring back rotting corpses to their former living selves, would the bones of the dead work with that at all? If not I guess thats another idea

Also if moods are found to be playable with for this, I'd reccomend a rune of clarity, brining anyone back from maddness or mood, quite useful I'd imagine when you get an unreasonable mood.

Though maybe a rune of knowledge, that accelerate learning, or temporarily increases the ability of the user (e.g. all skills get +1 level while near or wearing runed building/item)

Angellus

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 07:25:24 am »

Very interesting concept!
Can you also trade for these gems? And if so, how much do they cost?

Can I paste this over lets say, Dig deeper?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 07:29:29 am »

Paste? It's an utility. RETARDED (+1 to achievement... Oh wait, I've already told it in another thread so it doesn't count :().  And yeah, you can add any gems in any mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 08:26:23 am »

As for PaperJack's Ideas:
Makes the wearer explode <- couldn't find (yet) what makes creatures explode

Maybe something that sets the critter's temperature to catsplosion levels?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 08:55:36 am »

Well, it's basically [SEVERONBREAKS] (not sure if you can apply it to ONE creature) and a very low homeotherm point/very high temperature.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 02:54:51 pm »

In 2009 darius received the worship of Lordinquisitor.

The possibilities! Oh Khorne the possibilities!

First i`ll set up an Dwarven Walhalla. With the help of the Revive Rune, the Hostility and the Conversion rune my staunchest champions shall fight and drink for eternity.

And then i shall build an dwarven hell- Nobles and elves and stupid builders shall die in the most horrible of ways and then they shall be revived.

Or i could finally set upt an civil war.. And finally i`m able to create my necromantic cult.. And who knows? Maybe i create a few hundreds of zombies, place "Zombify statues" everywhere and watch while my dwarves play Dawn of the Dead?

Oh god! Thanks for this awesomeness.

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 05:43:51 pm »

Urist McSmart cancels Encrust furniture with runes of zombification: Seeking consultation if they literally make zombies or revive those from a rotten corpse state to normal

Also I'd reccomend you add placeholder gems in future so that when you update the mod if someone is still playing the same game they can mod it in without having to regen the whole world

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 05:41:13 am »

Urist McSmart cancels Encrust furniture with runes of zombification: Seeking consultation if they literally make zombies or revive those from a rotten corpse state to normal

Also I'd recommend you add placeholder gems in future so that when you update the mod if someone is still playing the same game they can mod it in without having to regen the whole world
Zombie rune revives and turns into zombie a rotten corpse.
As for placeholders: will add more. Currently rewriting the program because it got too complicated to develop further.

PaperJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 10:54:44 am »

For the explosion just spawn magma mist in the nearby tiles

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 07:50:42 pm »

If I were to add M BLOODMETAL to the 3rd line (R SPELL_3) would it use both materials for the same thing, or only the first one?
Or would it just completely banjax the whole thing?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18