Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 53640 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: DF mod/utility/hack WIP
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 09:01:23 am »

If I were to add M BLOODMETAL to the 3rd line (R SPELL_3) would it use both materials for the same thing, or only the first one?
Or would it just completely banjax the whole thing?
Banjax the whole thing... New version will have multiple material bindings.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 10:46:14 am »

I have a question.
Does the .exe need to be running for the spells to work?
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 01:18:47 pm »

Ah well.

For some reason the mist / vapor / smoke and fire spells seem to be broken for me.
Also, it's somewhat of a CPU hog this utility, I noticed that both it and DF were taking up 48-50% CPU each. Constantly. (Dual Core computer)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 05:21:20 pm »

1) DF runs only 1 core, so it's actually 1 whole cpu being busy rather than 50% of both.
2) Did you have mist/vapor/smoke by natural reasons? It's told in the description that you have to.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 03:42:43 am »

Mighty Darius, we have mist, smoke and toxic fumes, how bout adding two more sources of joy to statues? Namely, how bout making statues sources of water or magma? IE. a constructed statue would serve as a fountain.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 07:04:59 am »

1) DF runs only 1 core, so it's actually 1 whole cpu being busy rather than 50% of both.
2) Did you have mist/vapor/smoke by natural reasons? It's told in the description that you have to.
1) That is what I meant. Each program was taking up an entire core to itself.
2) I thought Miasma also counted towards it? However that may well be what's going wrong, thanks

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 07:19:17 am »

Does the .exe need to be running for the spells to work?
Yes
Mighty Darius, we have mist, smoke and toxic fumes, how bout adding two more sources of joy to statues? Namely, how bout making statues sources of water or magma? IE. a constructed statue would serve as a fountain.
Good idea, will do. (I was thinking about adding cost to the spells (e.g needs water/magma to cast and drains it when its active)
1) That is what I meant. Each program was taking up an entire core to itself.
2) I thought Miasma also counted towards it? However that may well be what's going wrong, thanks
That's strange. 1) should only happen rarely and if your fort has lots of items (due to fact i need to find all the items that are with runes) 2)Miasma counts towards it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 08:33:24 am »

Then it's strange, because all I did was just a small cave-in on a river to cause some mist, and after that it was working fine.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »

'Tis working now. the utility is still taking up 10% total CPU, but that's fine.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 05:49:27 pm »

New version!!! Check it out. Additions: Triggers(Sentry runes), major code rewrite, more info in first post. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1480

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.5)
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2009, 07:03:42 pm »

If this can work with armor, then someone should equip a champion with masterwork armor encrusted with masterfully worked Revive runes, and then dump him in an arena with several goblins.

Then watch the never ending battle . . .
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2009, 07:11:15 pm »

If this can work with armor, then someone should equip a champion with masterwork armor encrusted with masterfully worked Revive runes, and then dump him in an arena with several goblins.

Wouldn't he just drop the armor the instant he died, then never get revived by it because he wasn't wearing it?  ???

Also, while I am interested in such a mod/utility, I have seen several references to a spells.txt, including in the readme. However, when I downloaded the mod, I only got matgloss_spellcraft, reaction_spellcraft, spellcraft.exe, and the readme. Has the need for spells.txt been removed, is it an oversight, or is there some other reason that it is not present?

Also, how long of a range do the effects have? I saw that it was dependent on the quality of statue/similar, but that's not very specific. I could just experiment, I know, but I'm lazy  :P
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 07:53:41 pm »

Also, while I am interested in such a mod/utility, I have seen several references to a spells.txt, including in the readme. However, when I downloaded the mod, I only got matgloss_spellcraft, reaction_spellcraft, spellcraft.exe, and the readme. Has the need for spells.txt been removed, is it an oversight, or is there some other reason that it is not present?
:-[ oops forgot to add it

Also, how long of a range do the effects have? I saw that it was dependent on the quality of statue/similar, but that's not very specific. I could just experiment, I know, but I'm lazy  :P
currently fixed @ 15 :/ 0.6 will be 2+2*level so in range:[2;10] I think...

Gonna try this. Now thinking how to add modifier runes (e.g. soul bound: Dead,Soulbound, teleport ,revive-> and your champions never have to die :D )

Edit: updated with spells.txt and tried undying fighter. Unfortunately game drops the armour as soon as he dies. Worked like a second life :D. Maybe revive+ teleport would work like reset.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:02:58 pm by darius »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 04:41:26 pm »

Excuse me but i`m too stupid to use this mod.

I`ve downloaded and unpacked everything.

Then i placed the stuff in my raw and my data folders. (Could you please verify were exactly?)

Then i genned a world.

Then i started my fort.

Then i started the spellcraft.exe.

Then i created the runes and the statues.

Then i encrusted the statues and placed them.

But neither bleeding, fire, berserk and so on. Are showing any effect.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 07:41:57 am »

exact place to put files (except spells.txt) is <your df folder>\raw\objects\
As for not working... Maybe I didn't accent this but from v0.5 you need to encrust statue with sentry rune first (e.g Dig or periodic or attack) then the effect runes.
Also could be some error on my part. Could you post what does spellcraft.exe print?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18