Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game modes  (Read 709 times)

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Game modes
« on: October 09, 2009, 10:52:40 am »

Little question about the game modes available at the start (classic mode, nightmare, etc).  Do you have to pick the "We didn't start the fire," mode for the CCS to be active? I've started regular games with no extra options (all boxes unticked), and I've not seen any news headlines about the CCS in many months of in-game time, even after gunning down dozens upon dozens of conservatives and making my presence more than known.  I don't really want a fully-armed and active CCS from the start of the game, as I'm something of a shit player, so would it be possible to have the gradual buildup of the opposing crime squad to give the game something of a difficulty curve, rather than throwing you straight into the fire from the get-go?
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Game modes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 12:10:07 pm »

You don't have to set We Didn't Start The Fire to make the CCS appear. I believe the CCS will appear when society starts to turn Liberal; they are a backlash against your success, rather than your activity, at this point. It used to be that you could just be quiet and they wouldn't appear, but now the game lets you go around shooting places up and they won't start until you actually start to succeed, and they will appear whether you've made the news or not.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game modes
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:15:57 pm »

Oh right, society hasn't started going liberal yet.  That'd be it then.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.