Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Religious people, make yourselves known!  (Read 61154 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Religious people, make yourselves known!
« on: October 10, 2009, 01:28:41 pm »

Just start by posting your religion. This is a chance to get to know others in the community better. You can comment on other people's beliefs as long as you are polite and respectful. Don't say that your religion is superior to another's religion; this thread is here to get to know each other, not to dominate each other.

Please, NO TROLLING. I do not want to have to lock this thread, but I will if discussion gets out of hand. Also remember, you are representing your religion here, and you wouldn't want to give people a bad impression.

Atheists are welcome to post too, of course, but just remember to respect others.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Zombie0hour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religious people, make yourselves known!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:37:14 pm »

Agnostic Theist

That is a very broad, so here are some details on my beliefs. Simply put Religion was created by man, and the creator of everything is not. I believe in Reincarnation, and in a system of Karma that determines who or what you will be in your next life. I believe that all life is connected by a invisible force. The supreme creator or "High Power" is not a person, or any shape or form, but an energy force. It is impossible to perceive what it will look like. I am not sure if I believe in "Enlightenment" Buddhism, but I guess to sum it all up I am sorta Buddhist.
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 01:42:33 pm »

I'm Uhh... Not actually sure what I am. As I was raised as a christian but sent to a catholic school, and sort of don't know what I am at this point.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 01:51:49 pm »

Nominally Catholic (I still say that the baptism of babies is wrong), although being possessed of atheistic beliefs.

I really just don't think that there is any kind of higher power running the universe, and the thought of what kind of one would run it is rather depressing to me.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:54:00 pm »

Unificationist, through and through. Your parents might remember us as Moonies. I can't really explain it without leaving out major bits that would make it not-confusing. But basically it's world peace. Don't hate. Love everybody, particularly your enemies. God is the universe and everything inside. God is Love. All that good stuff.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 01:55:39 pm »

Is that a form of pantheism?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 02:02:09 pm »

I suppose it depends on how you interpret it. But yes the way I see it that's how it is.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 02:05:49 pm »

Atheist that gradually developed form an extremely pissed off maltheist.  Actually, I was never really particularly religious.  I sang the songs, and stuff, but I never talked to God.  I never really felt his prescence.  I never really believed that someone else could hear my thoughts.  Might be my "scepticism shield", which also appears to render me immune to hypnotism.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 02:51:03 pm »

Atheist. There could be a god, but I haven't seen any reason for him to be, and I manage fine without one.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 03:14:43 pm »

Same as leafsnail, but the pissed-offness came from reading the bible on my own.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 03:16:05 pm »

That's partly how my maltheism came about.  That and my discussion with my vicar about why unfaithful people would go to hell.  Including my parents.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 03:36:23 pm »

Lutheran.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 04:04:07 pm »

I'm Uhh... Not actually sure what I am. As I was raised as a christian but sent to a catholic school, and sort of don't know what I am at this point.

I was raised as a Pordestant and then went through reconciliation and communion and all that jazz.

Oh, let's just say I'm a believer in doing good, as poncy and arrogant as that sounds.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 04:09:42 pm »

That's pretty much what I belive in now actually Jack. I really just think people should do good and help eachother out.

Sure people might not think that of me, or that someone like me doesn't understand HOW to do good. But I do, and in the end I just want people to be happy.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 04:27:51 pm »

Non-denominational Christian with roots in Pentecostalism and some influences from the less out-there portions of the Emergent movement. Also, I am anti-humanism, and wary of rampant individualism and materialism. I'm recently taking a few notes from Islamic Sufism, though not very much.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20