Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Broiledprinces, the new Planepacked!  (Read 40414 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Broiledprinces, the new Planepacked!
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 12:11:31 pm »

Ohhhhhh boy. You just opened up a whole can of possibilities here.

Onwards, to make an object from ALL the adamantine!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 12:38:31 pm »

Planepacked's wiki article should probably be replaced with a more general "Ultimate Artifact" (or whatever we plan to call these) one. I can't imagine a player not wanting to make their own Planepacked.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 07:57:42 pm »

I think that "Planepacked artifacts" would be a good overarching category. Not only was Planepacked the first, but the name is quite appropriate. After all, you have to bend a couple planes of reality to get that many pictures on an object.

Quietust, did your artifact have images of itself? Broiledprinces had several, at least five or six.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 09:10:50 pm »

I didn't check, but I'd be surprised if it didn't - artifacts always seem to have a chance of containing pictures of themselves (sometimes more than one), and an artifact of this particular nature would just be a lot more likely to have a bunch of them.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 04:53:28 am »

Why has no one edited the wiki yet?

Quietust, I find your avatar appropriate. It's none other than Q who managed this feat of replicating the epic bug! ;D
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Deandet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 10:19:04 am »

I think that only Planepacked and Broiledprinces are real "Ultra artifacts". Because the player didn't do anything special to have them. Planepacked is better because it was the first. Broiledprinces is also good, even if it is second.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 11:10:34 am »

How about quantum artifact?

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 12:18:10 pm »

I put a link to this thread on the wiki, with a note saying it explains the mechanism of creation.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 08:20:25 pm »

Quietust, I find your avatar appropriate. It's none other than Q who managed this feat of replicating the epic bug! ;D

Um, excuse me? :P Check the first page.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 08:22:46 pm »

I didn't replicate it - I just confirmed the circumstances.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 08:31:51 pm »

You solved the puzzle.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 04:22:21 am »

Um, excuse me? :P Check the first page.

I know it was you who managed to repeat it, With replicating, I meant doing it on purpose. English is not my first language, I thought replicating was something done on purpose.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 08:56:27 am »

I have edited the wiki page to mention Broiledprinces, the mechanism for triggering a mega-artifact, and edited a typo on the link at the bottom.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 11:57:48 am »

Me spell terrible? unpossible. (Thanks)

(IMO) I don't want to modify the article too much, as generic-ifying it might lead it more towards "just a bug", and grounds for deletion. The extra threads it's spawned on the forum, and the modelling efforts I think earn it the D rating and such.

I'll be making my own now though, before this bug gets fixed. A shame I can't mod in a book item (without regenning), containing the pressed history of the world.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]