Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8437227 times)

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Things that made you sad today thread.
« on: October 12, 2009, 11:45:18 am »

As it seemed needed, here is this thread.

Something that made me kind of sad was that the calculus teacher explained something by means of a man jumping down the Eiffel tower.

I however have no problems with Dwarf Fortran gravity testing towers.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:53:34 am »

Rozen Maiden ending.
Nuff' said.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 11:54:26 am »

Being reminded of Thanksgiving in the "Things that made you happy today thread."  I had to miss it last year on account of living in Switzerland and I'll have to miss it again this year on account of living in Prague.  It's the only holiday I ever cared about, and the only time I ever enjoyed being with my family.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 12:35:05 pm »

My dad is really taking the stress from his seven day a week double job hard. And with my brother moving to Switzerland soon to live with his fiancee, I dunno how he is going to take it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 12:48:26 pm »

Being reminded of Thanksgiving in the "Things that made you happy today thread."  I had to miss it last year on account of living in Switzerland and I'll have to miss it again this year on account of living in Prague.  It's the only holiday I ever cared about, and the only time I ever enjoyed being with my family.

What's Prague like?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 01:08:59 pm »

At the moment, freezing cold and raining.  In general, the sidewalks are made of little square cobblestones and are smeared with dog crap (and children pee into the sewer), everyone speaks Czech, there are gypsies selling drugs on the street corner next to the prostitutes, and every fashion that has ever existed is in style.  You end up seeing businesspeople wearing suits and crocs (and sometimes on Razor scooters), kids wearing acid wash jeans and heavy metal band shirts with mullets, lots of old people wearing those zip-off hiking pants along with a button-up shirt and blazer, etc.  It's like someone's attic threw up, but in a kind of fun way.

There's also beer.  Beer, beer, lots of beer.  The cheapest beer I've ever had, which also happens to be the best beer I've ever had (what are the odds?).  So that kind of makes up for some of the sucky things.

Also, all of the construction here, from the outsides of the buildings to the paint on the walls to the cobblestone sidewalks, is made to decay in about five or ten years, so the entire city is in various stages of shiny new, decaying, and under construction.

Of course, the tourist areas are really nice.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 04:19:14 pm »

I'm sad because I made this thread earlier before, and It got deleted by threetoe cos I was offensive.
I probably should have re-made the thread, but I just didn't get around to it.

But it's ok now, cos there's a things that made you sad thread up.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 04:23:05 pm »

I'm sad because I made this thread earlier before, and It got deleted by threetoe cos I was offensive.
I probably should have re-made the thread, but I just didn't get around to it.

But it's ok now, cos there's a things that made you sad thread up.

=)
I promise not to be rude and let this thread get gone.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 04:44:20 pm »

WORKERDRONE DOEEESSNT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEK MEEEEEEEEEEheeheeeeee...

AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

*Rushes sobbing out of the room*
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 05:58:43 pm »

I watched Star Trek: Generations today. It made me cry.

Does this make me a nerd?

No matter. If it doesn't, there's a thousand other reasons I am.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 08:19:35 pm »

I'm sad because I miss Ein.

Where is Ein?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 11:51:14 pm »

At the moment, freezing cold and raining.  In general, the sidewalks are made of little square cobblestones and are smeared with dog crap (and children pee into the sewer), everyone speaks Czech, there are gypsies selling drugs on the street corner next to the prostitutes, and every fashion that has ever existed is in style.  You end up seeing businesspeople wearing suits and crocs (and sometimes on Razor scooters), kids wearing acid wash jeans and heavy metal band shirts with mullets, lots of old people wearing those zip-off hiking pants along with a button-up shirt and blazer, etc.  It's like someone's attic threw up, but in a kind of fun way.

There's also beer.  Beer, beer, lots of beer.  The cheapest beer I've ever had, which also happens to be the best beer I've ever had (what are the odds?).  So that kind of makes up for some of the sucky things.

Also, all of the construction here, from the outsides of the buildings to the paint on the walls to the cobblestone sidewalks, is made to decay in about five or ten years, so the entire city is in various stages of shiny new, decaying, and under construction.

Of course, the tourist areas are really nice.

That sounds awesome, actually. Is Czech food anything like Polish food?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 12:19:42 am »

Probably.  Meat (especially sausage), potatoes, cabbage, bread.  The food is awesome, really.  And the beer...  Oh, man, the beer.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 12:34:17 am »

I'm sad that my sister wont be back till tomorrow night...

I'm lonely... I miss my little angel... :<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 12:42:35 am »

I'm sad because there is not yet a thread for things that have made you afraid. I feel that of the four major emotions it is underrepresented here.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8153