Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451]

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 282666 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • A ball of yarn, but the yarn is souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6750 on: December 02, 2019, 09:11:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure that cats can see ghosts.
"You hide your face. What are you afraid of?"
"My face is a mask, and I prefer this one."

Please, break my heart and put it back together without you in it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: December 03, 2019, 06:09:37 am »

That's a possibility I hadn't considered.  I've never seen mice or rats in the house, and it's been warmer lately, but some nights have been getting quite cold up until recently.

I don't think this is it, but it's at least conceivable.  I'm starting to think it's because he likes to drink out of the toilet and is upset he can't get to it at night, but I don't know why he'd start doing that recently either.  He's got a water bowl he can get to that the other cats are perfectly happy with and he drinks out of it, so... I don't know.

About water -- many cats dislike drinking from the same place that they eat (something something instincts). My cat refused to drink when her water was next to her food bowl. I had to move it across the room for her to drink from it on a regular basis.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: December 03, 2019, 09:56:11 am »

My friend's cats have a great big bowl of water (in a different room from the food bowls) that gets switched out multiple times throughout the day, and they make a point of digging around it so they can get to the fresher water at the bottom...

Still gotta keep the bathroom door closed to keep them from drinking out of the toilet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: December 03, 2019, 10:24:53 am »

I was wondering if he disliked the water bowl because it was "stagnant", so I got one of those circulating waterfall water bowls for them, and he does seem to like it better.  He still meowed in the bathroom at a ghost a couple of times yesterday, but less than the day before.  Surprisingly, he didn't meow at the bedroom door at all last night, so that's a relief.

I don't think it was the water bowl though, and I think he's just calming down some.  Based on some other behavior, like waking up and immediately turning around to look for me, I think he just had a weird bout of separation anxiety and thinks I'm going to disappear if he can't see me.  Maybe that's getting better.  I did leave the house for Thanksgiving, but that's not really that unusual since I'm also gone on most weekends.  I don't really see why that would trigger it.

Cats do weird things.
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: December 03, 2019, 04:27:16 pm »

I was wondering if he disliked the water bowl because it was "stagnant", so I got one of those circulating waterfall water bowls for them, and he does seem to like it better.  He still meowed in the bathroom at a ghost a couple of times yesterday, but less than the day before.  Surprisingly, he didn't meow at the bedroom door at all last night, so that's a relief.

I don't think it was the water bowl though, and I think he's just calming down some.  Based on some other behavior, like waking up and immediately turning around to look for me, I think he just had a weird bout of separation anxiety and thinks I'm going to disappear if he can't see me.  Maybe that's getting better.  I did leave the house for Thanksgiving, but that's not really that unusual since I'm also gone on most weekends.  I don't really see why that would trigger it.

Cats do weird things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: Today at 05:27:56 am »

I'm so bored, I just want to sleep so that I can end today and get tomorrow started. No such luck though, I can't sleep because a) wide awake, not even a little relaxed, b) can't stop thinking about things that don't matter.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451]