Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6672 6673 [6674] 6675 6676 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8557737 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100095 on: December 24, 2015, 12:15:45 pm »

If you don't know what you want of your hair and your stylist won't help, there are various magazines with pictures of hairstyles in them, of all degrees of masculinity/femininity. If you walk to your stylist with such a picture, they could probably replicate it. For me, those magazines aren't very useful, but you could probably get some ideas if nothing else from them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100096 on: December 24, 2015, 12:16:39 pm »

... It is Christmas Eve in the Northern Hemisphere.
I am wearing a polo shirt.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100097 on: December 24, 2015, 12:56:30 pm »

Christmas on my dad's side of the family is canceled because my grandpa is in the hospital for an irregular heartbeat.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100098 on: December 24, 2015, 02:09:39 pm »

So two days ago I ate some potato/wheat gruel with vinegar wing sauce in a very slightly subconscious attempt to get ill and get out of Christmas stuff.  It was... frustratingly tasty, and didn't make me sick at all.

Now the big event is happening in a few hours and I've got serious stomach cramps out of nowhere.  I've eaten exactly one thing today, a value burger, but I feel stuffed and nauseous.  I think I may be nervous!!

I get frustrated when people ask me what I want.  What I want is to go to sleep (and not compulsively wake up at dawn after only ~4 hours).  Then go back to my creative projects and my work routine.  But all I can think about is what I *don't* want.  I *don't* want to go to this.  But more than that, I don't want to make the people involved sadder than I already have.  Even if their expectations are unreasonable.

I could drive home *right now* and everyone would forgive me... eventually...  Not that I'd be doing anything wrong, and if I was brave I would have politely excused myself weeks ago.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100099 on: December 24, 2015, 02:21:40 pm »

Why didn't you eat at chipotle?  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100100 on: December 24, 2015, 02:22:06 pm »

...That's not really that funny.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100101 on: December 24, 2015, 02:23:25 pm »

And no, I'm not nuking this post because it might offend someone. Go fuck yourself, you oversensitive dipshit. I'm pissed off at everything and you can't tell me how I ought to act.
You sure showed that imaginary complainer!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100102 on: December 24, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »

And no, I'm not nuking this post because it might offend someone. Go fuck yourself, you oversensitive dipshit. I'm pissed off at everything and you can't tell me how I ought to act.

Yeah, I wasn't the least bit irritated by this post until this came along.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100103 on: December 24, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »

you can't tell me how I ought to act
Too bad. I'm going to express my opinion and there's nothing you can do about it.

Suffice to say that you (1) probably shouldn't get so worked up about this stuff, and (2) if you find your appearance to be decent then most people will probably also find it decent; there is no one way of looking good.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:11:55 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100104 on: December 24, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »

Why didn't you eat at chipotle?  :P
I appreciate the effort, and I look forward to eating at my local non-chain not-Chipotle as soon as I get home (:

I did once eat 5 beefy 5-layer burritos and about half an hour later it had exactly the intended effect.  And then some.  But vinegar+mild spice+wheat+potato just... settled my stomach more than disturbed it.  And really didn't taste bad.

Better yet, for a nice hour I thought I'd negotiated a plan for tonight where everything would be much more bearable.  Which then got overruled because someone who's *never* on time to anything would like to arrive at place Y an hour early all of a sudden.  So I'm going to be trapped a lot later at place X.  Well, "trapped"...  This definitely ends with me freaking out and leaving.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100105 on: December 24, 2015, 07:34:27 pm »

The last time I posted on this thread Gunner-chan yelled at me. So really.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100106 on: December 24, 2015, 08:02:11 pm »

Gunner-Chan's on... Indefinite hiatus.
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100107 on: December 24, 2015, 08:02:26 pm »

The last time I posted on this thread Gunner-chan yelled at me. So really.
Eh, she probably had a reason. Besides, she's been gone a long while now, so your little spiel is still in vain.

The truth is you do seem somewhat over-sensitive yourself towards your appearance.

Have I mentioned how much I dislike how I look? Of course, of course, I'm "attractive" and "above average" and "lucky" and all that nonsense. It's frustrating that when I ask people about it they tell me that I look fine. Sure, they are sincere, and they do think I look fine, but it's all psychological. They would see me as attractive when they stop to analyze me but subconsciously they'll know that I am not that attractive.

Instead of you being a mind reader, have you considered that they may be genuine, and you're projecting your insecurity onto them?

Or perhaps be less focused on whether or not people find you attractive? It's... not actually all that important, and as mentioned by others previously, obsession on your appearance isn't a very attractive personality trait, either.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100108 on: December 24, 2015, 08:51:21 pm »

I pissed off one of my only friends because I got mad about something and yelled at them. To be fair, I said I was in a bad mood. Fuck. Uugh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #100109 on: December 24, 2015, 09:15:47 pm »

I'm understanding now why depression rates tend to skyrocket around this time of year. All the constant subliminal and explicit messages about enjoying time with family and such amplifies and exacerbates the loneliness that people with a lack of that feel. And it doesn't abate for more than a month. No wonder.

Of course I'm being hypocritical as a sincere-sounding politician when I say I feel that way, I've plenty of family and none of them are sick, dead, or dying, and I've spent plenty of time with all of them. I just can't help wanting what I don't have.

Fukken love and affiliated emotions. No reason why I should be despondent when I've got company other people would kill for. But I can't do anything about it but be guilty ... at myself.

Please let this emotional turmoil be worth it in the end. I know it's most likely not going to be, but I can hope.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 6672 6673 [6674] 6675 6676 ... 8155