Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6710 6711 [6712] 6713 6714 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577568 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100665 on: January 11, 2016, 07:22:27 pm »

Bluuuuuuuuuugh.*

*Rough translation: It's only 10:21AM and today already sucks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100666 on: January 11, 2016, 07:27:15 pm »

'He feels ill! Comfort him!'
I'm sure their attention in that case is indeed out of empathy. Or maybe they just love farts.

Contrary to one of my cat's daily morning ritual.
It will knead my bladder for as long as it takes for me to need to pee and get up, and put down fresh cat food. If I've peed and not put down food, instead went back for some more shut-eye, she actually uses her paws (retracted nails, very gently), to PULL OPEN MY EYELIDS. Really, dat cat is too cunning.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:30:40 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100667 on: January 11, 2016, 07:31:41 pm »

Spent significant time and resources clearing friend's criminal record and name. Was trying to get his life in order, and he just ended it. Never do this; he nearly botched it, and that may have had a worse end result. For those of you keeping score with the home version of our game, that's 2 and nearly 3 friends I've lost to suicide in a week, on top of 5 last year.

Lovely.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100668 on: January 11, 2016, 07:34:39 pm »

Hang in there Truean, we appreciate what you do.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100669 on: January 11, 2016, 07:39:34 pm »

I'm sorry for your loss.
I don't know what to say.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #100670 on: January 11, 2016, 09:43:12 pm »

Sorry to hear, Truean.  I've heard that suicide is now the leading cause of death among men under 50.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100671 on: January 11, 2016, 10:00:18 pm »

If only Suicide could be stopped willingly if you crossed the threshold of the dark curtain of despair. Sorry to hear that, Tru. Most people just end up rationalizing things would be better if they were dead, which isn't exactly true, but if there's no one to keep watch of people 24/7, can't particularly keep them from pulling the trigger on themselves.

Sigh.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100672 on: January 11, 2016, 10:41:44 pm »

Most people just end up rationalizing things would be better if they were dead, which is wholly untrue
FTFY
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100673 on: January 11, 2016, 10:57:55 pm »

Most people just end up rationalizing things would be better if they were dead, which is wholly untrue
FTFY
I'd think it's more along the lines of "I can't feel pain or suffer any more once I'm dead".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #100674 on: January 11, 2016, 11:17:28 pm »

I just clicked "Show new replies to your posts.". This is what I got. http://puu.sh/msA47.jpg

N-new replies right guys?

EDIT: I just scrolled up to read, that sounds pretty bad. It's hard losing a friend, but I couldn't imagine what it's like losing so many. My condolences.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:27:52 pm by Drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #100675 on: January 11, 2016, 11:20:20 pm »

FTFY
I'd think it's more along the lines of "I can't feel pain or suffer any more once I'm dead".

Meh... I think about it every day.  Going to be completely honest here.  Sometimes I quell my anxiety over all the ridiculous shit I deal with by reminding myself there is such an end that will render it all meaningless.  It's not so much that I can't grit my teeth and cope with whatever.  It's that there's just not much to motivate the effort to cope.  Doesn't matter.  I have responsibilities.  I don't have the luxury of that option so long as I am burdened with them.  But that's just the thing.  Pain is nothing, until one can't find a reason to bother with it.  Whether it's something to look forward to or just the knowledge that they'd hurt others in ways they can't accept.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100676 on: January 11, 2016, 11:24:51 pm »

I just clicked "Show new replies to your posts.". This is what I got. http://puu.sh/msA47.jpg

N-new replies right guys?
Whaaa?
Hey, at least you don't have more than a page of them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #100677 on: January 11, 2016, 11:47:29 pm »

I just finished SOMA.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100678 on: January 12, 2016, 12:52:24 am »

FTFY
As someone who's attempted twice, it's a bit of both. The way it worked for me, is I hit a point where I felt dead already. It was less of a 'things will be better if I'm dead' and more of a 'thing's won't get worse if im dead'. If you live long enough not really feeling or interacting with life around you, it's almost easier to say: Fuck it, might as well get it over with and not feel in a more peaceful way. Being depressed is exhausting, and the peace and quiet that death seems like it will bring is vastly preferable to continuing to live in something that feels like death, but continually breaks you down.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100679 on: January 12, 2016, 01:00:27 am »

You also can't feel happiness either, so it's a moot point.

The solution to depression or unhappiness should never be death. Nothing changes if you're dead. Life, however, is full of possibilities.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6710 6711 [6712] 6713 6714 ... 8156