Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6722 6723 [6724] 6725 6726 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571050 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100845 on: January 15, 2016, 06:21:36 pm »

i've calmed down, but that's part of the problem. i know i should stop playing and relax, but i just can't, despite having therapy to help me do that >.>

i need to try harder

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100846 on: January 15, 2016, 06:44:29 pm »

Screaming is a perfectly valid method of de-stressing.

Wouldn't recommend for anything short of extremely stressful real life troubles, however. Games aren't really worth screaming.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100847 on: January 15, 2016, 06:57:00 pm »

I'm straight up unable to get more than a few hours of sleep, and i'm too tired to act out or really scream, but can't calm or settle down

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100848 on: January 15, 2016, 06:57:57 pm »

I'm straight up unable to get more than a few hours of sleep, and i'm too tired to act out or really scream, but can't calm or settle down
Read a book.  It's helped me in the past.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100849 on: January 15, 2016, 07:53:42 pm »

Read a book.  It's helped me in the past.
I'll try that. Thank you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100850 on: January 15, 2016, 09:38:30 pm »

Screaming is a perfectly valid method of de-stressing.

Wouldn't recommend for anything short of extremely stressful real life troubles, however. Games aren't really worth screaming.
There's always metal music, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100851 on: January 15, 2016, 09:40:43 pm »

adaptive brightness

dammit windows

i want to disable this fucking awful "feature"

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100852 on: January 15, 2016, 09:44:16 pm »

adaptive brightness

dammit windows

i want to disable this fucking awful "feature"

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME
Should be one of the options in Power.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #100853 on: January 15, 2016, 09:50:59 pm »

Related sad: A friend PM'd me and inquired if he should stop PMing me in the future because of my wording--I specifically recall that we've been over this before and I offered a ton of advice to how to go around with communication. It's a sad on my part because it leaves me with the impression that nothing I said makes sense and... :-\

This, when combined with my low self-esteem, sets me in a hole for days.
You do have a pretty distinct way of writing, but still, I can understand you pretty well. I think most folks can, too. I think sometimes it's less a case of being understood, and more a case of being heard, as when people have a very hard-baked preconception about the conversation, they might not even be seeing your actual words as much.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100854 on: January 15, 2016, 09:54:35 pm »

tfw ur dad yells at you for tipping a barista and then implies that they would just use it to buy drugs and if they really needed money they wouldnt be working as a barista

i mean, granted, he lent me the money to buy stuff bc i didnt have my wallet but like??? that's so rude to not tip? and it was only 2 dollars? and then to say shit like that??????????? at least he waited until we left the shop i guess

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh im so done why does he gotta enjoy yelling so much, like chill

and its not just me, even just today he's yelled at my mom for not doing what he told her and yelling at her more problematic employees or coworkers or w/e and at my brother bc he's as despondent as usual (maybe because you fucking shout at him half the time)

im just

so done ugh

asdfghjkl;' sorry for the mini-rant, im tired its been a long day which was good at first and then deteriorated and those are the worst

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100855 on: January 15, 2016, 10:14:28 pm »

Sounds like a mildly abusive dickhead, IMHO.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100856 on: January 15, 2016, 10:38:39 pm »

@Worldmaster:Stop apologizing for using this thread for its intended purpose.  That's kind of the point.  Though I would have put it in the WTF thread.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100857 on: January 15, 2016, 10:50:33 pm »

Sounds like a mildly abusive dickhead, IMHO.
This
I mean even the Reservoir Dogs mostly knew to tip
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100858 on: January 15, 2016, 11:37:23 pm »

First night in London.

Flat is old and clunky, but its livable.

Still dont understand how the electricity scheme works :/

The lack of personal life organizatiom (till I settle down), ill-ease (travel tends to disturb me), and the fact that I havent talked with my rotatiom-supervisor yet, made me a bit homesick
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100859 on: January 16, 2016, 01:22:17 am »

I'm probably making it sound worse than it is tbh, he's usually more bearable, I'm just tired and stuff, but yeah thank you i think? for responding if nothing else :p

Tiruin! You're actually pretty good at wording and stuff, in my own experience with you at the very least. I hope it all works out \o/
Pages: 1 ... 6722 6723 [6724] 6725 6726 ... 8156