Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6754 6755 [6756] 6757 6758 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8589249 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101325 on: January 29, 2016, 08:17:03 pm »

Math help thread?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101326 on: January 29, 2016, 08:33:36 pm »

Math help thread?
It's not that I need help so much as it's just a lot of work. One calculus assignment had 27 problems total, where in past math classes and even my last calculus class homework typically had 10 to 15 problems at most. Physics has 14 problems, but most of them are multiple parts involving multiple calculations. For example, officially I've done 5 physics problems so far. 4 of those 5 have multiple parts. If I count each as it's own problem, I've actually done 25 physics problems so far, and there's still ~2/3 of the assignment to go. The second calculus assignment has 17 problems.

The second calculus assignment may warrant me visiting the math help thread though, since it's new material and my calculus teacher this semester is terrible at explaining. >.>

And once I wade through calc and physics, I have reading to do for history, notes to write for history while reading, several chapters to catch up on in programming, and a program to write. The joys of life as a full-time college student.

Both calc and physics homework I could've worked on earlier in the week in-between classes to try and relieve the total work during the weekend, but I mostly played games like an irresponsible stupid dumbass instead.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:59:58 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101327 on: January 29, 2016, 08:40:58 pm »

See, I'm the opposite. When I'm on campus, I study in the library, but when I'm home (see: The vast majority of my time, 4/7 days and the evenings of the rest) I just go "Eh. Maybe in an hour," until I get too tired.

... Hell... I should be studying right now.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101328 on: January 29, 2016, 10:11:11 pm »

Aaaaaaaaand THIS is why I'm glad I don't have to do anything beyond level 3 statistics in regards to maths. Excluding anything biology related that may or may not crop up.
I wouldn't say it's that bad.

I'd say it's almost enjoyable. Or maybe that's stockholm syndrome kicking in.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #101329 on: January 30, 2016, 12:58:36 am »

Rats. Definitely have crush on roommate. Maximum awkward ahead!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #101330 on: January 30, 2016, 01:02:43 am »

I am awake when normally I'd be asleep. The world has conspired to keep me awake, from stupid unnecessary phone calls to neighbors fighting to my cat screaming (that's right; not meowing, screaming) when there was nothing at all in the entire apartment for him to complain about.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101331 on: January 30, 2016, 02:13:06 am »

@Bauglir: I just woke up, and for a moment I thought you meant the rats had a crush on them. O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101332 on: January 30, 2016, 03:27:54 am »

ohgosh you gotta crush that stuff quickaf.
Quick, concentrate on if they're messy or sommat.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101333 on: January 30, 2016, 03:34:14 am »

Um, Tack, I don't think hating their guts is an entirely healthy situation, either. >.>

Also it just occurred to me that I should have started some kind of company years ago, just so it could say it was established in some earlier year and thus look fancy. I need to form a company ASAP! 2016 would be a pretty cool year for something to be established in, too. It's a multiple of 4 and everything. Now I just need to think up what kind of company I should start. Are you allowed to entirely change a company's name and purpose whilst still keeping the year it was established in, or is that cheating?

Edit: AAAAGH I spilled my beer. Why does this keep happening?! Why must my entire world smell like cheap beer?
I didn't spill much of it, but still. I think a drop or two landed on my pants. Guess I'll have to douse myself with deodorant... again.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:35:52 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #101334 on: January 30, 2016, 03:40:57 am »

ohgosh you gotta crush that stuff quickaf.
Quick, concentrate on if they're messy or sommat.
naw, she's basically a pretty cool person (and actually does most of the cleaning, so i CERTAINLY can't pick that one)

as a matter of fact, by comparison i feel like the inadequate roommate so, no helping there :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101335 on: January 30, 2016, 04:24:18 am »

Well, good luck I guess.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101336 on: January 30, 2016, 05:18:17 am »

re you allowed to entirely change a company's name and purpose whilst still keeping the year it was established in, or is that cheating?
You could register it under a generic name, like... i'unno, Yoinc?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101337 on: January 30, 2016, 05:20:24 am »

But then if needs be could I change it to something more relevant to the company's eventual purpose later on?

Also, I am sad that no-one posted in the Drunk Thread since the last time I posted there. What are you doing to me. I had to edit my post.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101338 on: January 30, 2016, 05:24:50 am »

No, that's the beautiful bit. Just make up some kind of tagline to apply to whatever you're trying to do at the time. Then, when your half-assed idea inevitably fails, you can change it to something new and exciting.

Involves 60% legal shenanigans with perpetually changing your name.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #101339 on: January 30, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »

Saturdays have somehow turned into the worst day of the week.

Weekdays are nothing but racing to fight against myriad forces working to tear down life at work and home.  I'm hyper-focused and busy 90% of my waking time for 5 days straight.  Then Saturday, there's just a dead stop... I suddenly have time to think and feel instead of suppressing it all so I can focus on putting out fires.

And the emotional consequences of living this way hit me like a fucking truck.  I spend the whole day feeling like shit.  Every week.  Then Sunday I sort of start to feel like a human being who's capable of enjoying life again.  Then Monday.

As usual, Floor's vocals match the exact wavelength of my inner world.  (Part 3 of Anatomy of a Nervous Breakdown from an album she wrote about her experience suffering severe burnout)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:55:51 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 6754 6755 [6756] 6757 6758 ... 8156