Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6755 6756 [6757] 6758 6759 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8596173 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101340 on: January 30, 2016, 01:51:46 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101341 on: January 30, 2016, 02:21:12 pm »

shiiiit I'm so tired of physics and calculus. Haven't finished either assignment. Not making any real progress. Working on it frustrates me to the point of wanting to scream. Not working on it stresses me out because I need to get this shit done by Monday.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101342 on: January 30, 2016, 02:22:58 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101343 on: January 30, 2016, 02:45:18 pm »

great my clean gi outfit got put back in the wash now I can't make it to karate today. Could've really used that. Helps my mental state to just go there and excersise until I can't think straight.

With the stuff that's been going on the last few days I could've really used that
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #101344 on: January 30, 2016, 06:35:04 pm »

I just recently learned my cat has died. Based on the looks of things, he died from a fight; probably protecting the other cats. Had to bury him not long ago.

You will be missed, Mouse.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #101345 on: January 30, 2016, 07:02:00 pm »

I just recently learned my cat has died. Based on the looks of things, he died from a fight; probably protecting the other cats. Had to bury him not long ago.

You will be missed, Mouse.
Same thing happened to me a couple months ago. :c

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101346 on: January 31, 2016, 12:22:44 am »

Fuuuuuuuuck me this is complicated.
Well. Not exactly complicated but tricky as fuck. The situation seems balanced on a fucking hair pin right now and it's really really difficult for me not to say what I really want to say. But I can't it'd fuck up the entire scenario even more. If there were ever a definition of 'not the time' this would be it.
But there's the faintest chance that if I keep my peace and say the right things and chance goes my way it could end up in a good way. It's gonna be over soon hopefully in any case. I fucking hope so, the level of stress I've been accruing is such that the other day I literally broke my skin by clenching my fist that hard.

Hghygotsjuyrbi
Sig! Onol

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101347 on: January 31, 2016, 12:46:54 am »

Fuuuuuuuuck me this is complicated.
Well. Not exactly complicated but tricky as fuck. The situation seems balanced on a fucking hair pin right now and it's really really difficult for me not to say what I really want to say. But I can't it'd fuck up the entire scenario even more. If there were ever a definition of 'not the time' this would be it.
But there's the faintest chance that if I keep my peace and say the right things and chance goes my way it could end up in a good way. It's gonna be over soon hopefully in any case. I fucking hope so, the level of stress I've been accruing is such that the other day I literally broke my skin by clenching my fist that hard.

Hghygotsjuyrbi
This sounds terrifying... good luck. :-\

My main current sad is that my microwave broke.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101348 on: January 31, 2016, 12:57:41 am »

It's not terrifying - well, can be, but it's not physically threatening to me.
Just ... fuck. I don't like it.

EDIT: fuck me it's worse than it's ever been. I've had an apple to eat today, that's it, yet I'm not hungry. I find myself constantly searching for distractions in order for the thoughts not to wear through my mind and shatter the facade of stability I'm holding up. I can't even go to sleep because they'll come back if I get off the internet. The moment I have free thought it comes and eats away at my peace of mind. It's even starting to express itself physically - not physically hurting through emotional pain, I've had that going on for a while - but I can't stop my fists from clenching sometimes, or I exert far more force than I need to in some tasks. Involuntary, of course. I've been holding cans of chips and accidentally crushed them - I'm just glad I haven't been holding any plastic bottles of juice or anything like that. But people are going to notice sooner or later if this keeps up, which it will until I do what I know will somewhat relieve the psychological pressure. I just ... I fuckijg can't. I should. But the situation is too delicate right now. I just have to hold out another week or two. I can do that, I swear I can. I hope. I'd wanted to keep this secret for many more months before I unboxed it - June seemed like a good time to do it. But the stress just escalated many times over and I can't take the strain of it much longer.
Just a little while. That's all I ask, mind. Just hold out a little while longer.

If there's any lesson you should take from this, it's don't keep secrets about things you feel very strongly about. Bottling it up leads to my scenario, where I was turned from a relatively psychologically stable person who was actually feeling good about themselves and the way life was proceeding into a fucking nervous wreck barely holding the facade of normality together by forcefully drowning my thoughts in fiction and distractions in the space of one sentence. So be honest about what you feel, 'cause this is not a desirable fate.
I'll survive, I know I will. This is but transitory. Doesn't stop it from hurting.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:52:57 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101349 on: January 31, 2016, 09:44:31 am »

Telling your crush, that you like her non euclidian angles and appreciate her ability to spread madness is still not an option?
( not blaming you, just from personal experience : not telling to romantic interests about having crush on them leaded to circle of despair with lots of And what if I did that? thoughts. While telling makes it easy.)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101350 on: January 31, 2016, 10:28:26 am »

It ... is an option, but with the situation as it is currently I really don't think it would go over well.

Sig! Onol

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #101351 on: January 31, 2016, 10:48:51 am »

Xan - I know this isn't useful most of the time, but seriously, tell her. You know already she's: a) not going to napalm all the bridges like they're Vietnamese kids based on guy B, b) already sorta interested, c) already has B as an option, so you wouldn't be tempting her away *harder*, as it's already status quo, if that was objectively a bad thing at all.

And on the other hand, *not* telling her is at best dishonest to both of you, and the longer you try to pretend you aren't, the bigger chance The Reveal will make everything you did before vaguely creepy and manipulative. And you probably know that, so the longer you wait, the scarier it will seem. That, and you will probably explode soon.

Just let her know how's the situation for you, and don't push.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #101352 on: January 31, 2016, 10:51:58 am »

details
I know this shit way too well. I hate myself even more because the girl I am in love didin't have an boyfriend back then and I only told her afterwards... whatever really, at this point I am more regretful about actually telling her because it was cowardice on my part (yeah, I totally knew it's the easier option) and resulted in a lot of shit for both me, her and everyone around. Fuck all of this love bullshit really, I didin't sign up for this.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101353 on: January 31, 2016, 10:58:52 am »

Yeah, I've mostly concluded that I've got to do that before this shit festers any further. It's just a rather terrifying prospect and I'm very good at delaying doing things I'm afraid of.
I know the time when I'm going to be able to do it in an appropriate context. My workplace doesn't deserve to hear things like that, though I mean that more as a disparaging thing.
Rrrgh. I have to. Didn't want to but will. There's already a bunch of shit I couldn't stop myself from doing that could be interpreted as slightly manipulative if presented in the wrong context.

I swear if I could travel back in time and suplex the guy my mom married into nonexistence before she even met him I'd do it in a heartbeat, because the unnecessarily low self-confidence and opinion of myself that got beaten into me as a result of that situation has fucked up at least 70% of the friendships I had at one point or another.
Sig! Onol

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101354 on: January 31, 2016, 11:03:30 am »

Good luck.

I have no advice to offer, but good luck, okay?

And if it all goes pear-shaped, we're all still here.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6755 6756 [6757] 6758 6759 ... 8156