Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6951 6952 [6953] 6954 6955 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572437 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104280 on: April 16, 2016, 10:34:16 am »

All right, let's dig this up in the punning thread, and leave the sad thread for sads.
"Things that made you sans today thread"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104281 on: April 17, 2016, 07:14:56 am »

I feel really lonely. Sure, I can sort of talk to girls I guess. But I hardly ever get out and hardly ever meet new people, let alone girls... I'm just sort of bumbling around and hoping something happens because I can't do anything myself :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104282 on: April 17, 2016, 08:18:20 am »

I feel really lonely. Sure, I can sort of talk to girls I guess. But I hardly ever get out and hardly ever meet new people, let alone girls... I'm just sort of bumbling around and hoping something happens because I can't do anything myself :x
I know the feeling.

*pats*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104283 on: April 17, 2016, 08:24:25 am »

I wish I had friends in general. I mean, I have a couple of housemates who count as friends, who I hang out with a lot, but... I wish I had friends who shared more of my interests, and who I could actually have deep conversations with. I tend to bottle up far too much stuff that I don't have anyone to talk to about.

Maybe lots of people are like that, just hiding away their real thoughts and feelings on the basis that no-one they know would understand or care.
But most people seem to have a hell of a lot more friends with whom they have a hell of a lot more conversations than I do.

...I may be a little drunk. Not very, but a little. Enough that perhaps this post is slightly weird and personal.
Sorry about that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104284 on: April 17, 2016, 08:33:33 am »

Does that mean anyone who reads it counts as a friend? I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of commitment Yoink :U

Joking aside, most of what you said in the second part is assumptions, you can't really know that they talk to or don't talk to others about stuff. I know I don't, I know it's not healthy, but I'm rather weary of letting anyone too close for the time being, even people I've known for years and who I could easily count as great friends are kept at arms length. But that doesn't matter since that isn't really the topic right now. What matters is that if you want folks with shared interests you go out and find them, there's plenty of possibilities nowadays, from the social networs to forums to whatever else people use to connect. Hell, you like reading, go track down a book club or something, maybe you'll find some new friends to talk about books there. The thing to understand too I guess is that hardly, if ever, you'll find a perfect match when it comes to interests, but that's what makes friendship a two way thing, you do some of their stuff, they do some of yours.

Anyways, ramlbing aside, my stomach hurts, not sure if it's the stomach itself or something else in the gut area, it's annoying to say the least, doubly so because I have no idea how to fix it since I have no idea what's causing it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104285 on: April 17, 2016, 08:42:51 am »

That's what I try quite often, though (the going out and interacting with people who share my interests, that is)- the problem is, they usually always have pre-existing groups of friends sharing those interests, and it is quite hard to smash your way into such a friend group alone. Especially if you have social skills as bad as mine.

I've made a few friends this way, whom I hang out with semi-regularly, but it seems almost impossible to actually become close with them.
People with friends just spontaneously do stuff together all the time, I have no idea how to get to that point with any of the people I try and make friends with.
...And my actual, close friends (who I live with) seem less and less willing to do stuff I like all the time. :-\
(By that I mean, their willingness decreases all the time. Not that they should do stuff I like all the time- although really, they probably should. That'd be pretty cool.)

And this is just the interests that involve loud music and alcohol, I can't imagine how hard it would be to make friends based on, say, comic books and literature in general. What would I do, sidle up to someone at the comic store and say, "Hey, I see you're a fan of Image, hey? Yeah man so am I, their stuff is sweet, best publisher by far" or somesuch nonsense?     

Does that mean anyone who reads it counts as a friend? I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of commitment Yoink :U
I doubt I am, either, really. If I did manage to make a friend the level of pressure involved would probably kill me. I'd be like the dog that actually catches the car it was chasing, I wouldn't know WTF to do. Perhaps I've come close to making friends before, only to stumble over the 'actual commitment to the friendship' hurdle... but as far as I can tell it always seems like I never even make it to the starting block.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104286 on: April 17, 2016, 08:46:52 am »

And this is just the interests that involve loud music and alcohol, I can't imagine how hard it would be to make friends based on, say, comic books and literature in general. What would I do, sidle up to someone at the comic store and say, "Hey, I see you're a fan of Image, hey? Yeah man so am I, their stuff is sweet, best publisher by far" or somesuch nonsense?     

Pretty much yes. It won't always work, but even if you don't make a new friend, you'll atleast have a fun short talk about someone who's into the same stuff as you are. I also know the whole getting into a group thing, that's what insiders are for. Get to know someone, hang out with them, be awesome and they'll want their other friends to see how awesome you are and will invite you to hang out together, even if it is kinda awkward at first.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104287 on: April 17, 2016, 08:48:29 am »

I don't have a powerful enough computer to run Dark souls 3 ;_;
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104288 on: April 17, 2016, 09:12:21 am »

I graduated, true.

But while I'm outwardly obligated to say that it's been a goddamned fantastic day of my life, surprisingly, I do not feel anything with the graduation, beyond a simple "getting it over and done with" emotion.

And it's done, feeling hollow inside. I should be happy. I am not. This bothers me.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104289 on: April 17, 2016, 09:33:08 am »

I don't even have interests outside of videogames, and I live in the sportiest town to ever exist. There are literally 0 game stores unless I want to travel 30 minutes, and even then they're really small and also sell cooking stuff or something just to get by.

I doubt it helps that I basically just do whatever other peoops want to do because it might be mildly interesting, but otherwise I'm actually a very distant person. Or so I'm told. All I do is keep almost everyone at arms length because I'm tired of being hurt from being close to people, so if that makes me distant, I guess I'm distant.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #104290 on: April 17, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »

One is the loneliest number...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104291 on: April 17, 2016, 02:36:33 pm »

God I am so sick of talking about money

Yes I know that the once-a-month major grocery trip is around $150
Yes I know you like to round it up to $200 just to be safe
Yes I know you probably won't spend it all, you just don't want to be embarrassed at the cash register
No I don't want to quit what I'm doing just to count every single bit of loose change in my bedroom and satisfy your anxiety
No I don't want to drag out the safe and count the emergency money
No I don't know how much my next check is
I really don't, please don't ask me again
No I haven't sold any of the textbooks that I've been trying to get rid of for two years and are probably out-of-date now
Yes I know that it helps you plan ahead

Even though we're actually doing pretty well at the moment, mom makes it sound like the well could run dry at any moment and we'd be out on our asses the next minute.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104292 on: April 17, 2016, 02:42:57 pm »

My cat's started to drool, like so much. He's old and diabetic so that means either kidney failure or cancer are the most likely causes.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #104293 on: April 17, 2016, 04:52:05 pm »

I got a ring not three days ago. It fit perfectly, even a bit tightly.
And yet somehow it's now nearly too big to fit on my finger.
Rocks don't just expand like that, and knuckles don't shrink in three days...

Also I tried to go to a games night thing on Friday and I rolled sevens on every dice roll (alternating 3/4 with d6s) and got seven twice in one game of scrabble.
And of course the event was full of very loud extroverted people who were extremely homosexual. Emphasis on the sexual.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 05:35:41 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #104294 on: April 17, 2016, 05:09:15 pm »

Alas, the One Ring often changes size in order to better escape its bearer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6951 6952 [6953] 6954 6955 ... 8156