Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6973 6974 [6975] 6976 6977 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574569 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104610 on: May 01, 2016, 04:46:26 am »

I never got to be the real me. The "real" me died the night my mother left, and any remnants were erased when my uncle, who was essentially my dad at that point, died. From then on, I've been whatever fits my current situation best. Because if I hadn't of addapted, I would have been left at the side of the road as a piece of useless trash. So, yes. I'm living a stranger's life. But it's the only one I've ever known, so I don't know what my "real" life is like.

As far as I can tell, you really, really need an actual friend. If you don't have anybody you trust enough to let the walls break, that's its own problem, and one I'd advise you seek to rectify.

...Of course, I speak from a perspective of not dealing with that level of unfortunate shit, so hey, what do I know.

You know...Probably a lot more than I do, really. I'm just some confused idiot who can barely figure out his own feelings, and once I do I hide them anyway, so I give up. Then, I start giving up on everything, until I'm forced to care, when the entire cycle starts over again.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104611 on: May 01, 2016, 06:04:24 am »

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:33:38 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104612 on: May 01, 2016, 06:06:36 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104613 on: May 01, 2016, 06:08:00 am »

~~~
I swear the only person who doesn't think you're good-looking is you
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104614 on: May 01, 2016, 06:08:26 am »

I swear the only person who doesn't think you're good-looking is you
That too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104615 on: May 01, 2016, 08:33:54 am »

Fuck I realized I made a mild sad thread for exactly this brand of nonsense I'm whining about.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104616 on: May 01, 2016, 09:12:45 am »

I was just told that I couldn't get in the Armed Forces because I had a depression a few years ago.
Wait, that's a reason not to get in?

Damn, that's rather not-nice. What country are you in?

Apparently. They told me it wouldn't be safe for them to hire someone who has a history of depression or anxiety, because I could (And here I quote my recruiter) "Snap at any time". I'm Canadian
The Age of Nature was a time when Elves and trees (Pleonasm?) lived in peace; Fortunately, this age never happened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104617 on: May 01, 2016, 09:19:24 am »

I was just told that I couldn't get in the Armed Forces because I had a depression a few years ago.
Wait, that's a reason not to get in?

Damn, that's rather not-nice. What country are you in?

Apparently. They told me it wouldn't be safe for them to hire someone who has a history of depression or anxiety, because I could (And here I quote my recruiter) "Snap at any time". I'm Canadian
That is an interesting rationale.  You should ask for the regulations preventing you from enlisting.
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104618 on: May 01, 2016, 09:26:22 am »

To be honest, I can understand them not wanting to recruit people who have a history of mental health issues, considering the issues veterans already typically have with things like depression and ptsd.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104619 on: May 01, 2016, 09:28:24 am »

To be honest, I can understand them not wanting to recruit people who have a history of mental health issues, considering the issues veterans already typically have with things like depression and ptsd.
So can I, but the 'why' of that was...interesting.
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #104620 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35:24 am »

When I was called to posse comitatus for possible conscription, they didn't take me due to my insomnia. It's probably because one needs to follow a strict schedule in the army, which is difficult when one needs more time set aside for (trying to) sleep than others.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104621 on: May 01, 2016, 01:53:02 pm »

The Washington Post reports that in the first 17 weeks of 2016, American toddlers between age 1 and 3 have already shot and killed 23 people, the latest victim being a mother shot from the back seat of her car, by her young toddler.

If you guys are so hellbent on keeping that second amendment, at least learn to put guns out of kids' reach.

If you replace toddlers with muslim terrorists, there'd be a new boots on the ground invasion underway already :P. Perhaps UN mandated airstrikes on US nurseries would be in order.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:55:04 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104622 on: May 01, 2016, 02:14:32 pm »

I never got to be the real me. The "real" me died the night my mother left, and any remnants were erased when my uncle, who was essentially my dad at that point, died. From then on, I've been whatever fits my current situation best. Because if I hadn't of addapted, I would have been left at the side of the road as a piece of useless trash. So, yes. I'm living a stranger's life. But it's the only one I've ever known, so I don't know what my "real" life is like.

As far as I can tell, you really, really need an actual friend. If you don't have anybody you trust enough to let the walls break, that's its own problem, and one I'd advise you seek to rectify.

...Of course, I speak from a perspective of not dealing with that level of unfortunate shit, so hey, what do I know.

You know...Probably a lot more than I do, really. I'm just some confused idiot who can barely figure out his own feelings, and once I do I hide them anyway, so I give up. Then, I start giving up on everything, until I'm forced to care, when the entire cycle starts over again.

Sounds like you're a normal human being with some extremely unpleasant experiences under his belt. :V If you're under the impression that most of humanity isn't a confused idiot with difficulties handling emotion usefully, you're wrong.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104623 on: May 01, 2016, 06:58:41 pm »

I know the majority of humanity is confused, but the rest of humanity can at least figure out wth is going on in their brain. Most days I just do stuff and don't know why I did it later :V

Anyway. I have a project due tomorrow. Said project must be turned in immediately or not at all. Left all my materials at school. Around twenty bucks in materials. Could go to Walmart and get said materials. Instead of driving me (can't drive yet) or just going to pick it up themselves, my parents are telling me it's my fault and they can't help me on this one. I would walk, but I'm not walking down 8 miles of highway just for a grade. I value my life more than I value a single grade. Sorry for having survival instincts mom. Fuck me, am I right?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:06:39 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104624 on: May 01, 2016, 07:22:15 pm »

The Washington Post reports that in the first 17 weeks of 2016, American toddlers between age 1 and 3 have already shot and killed 23 people, the latest victim being a mother shot from the back seat of her car, by her young toddler.

If you guys are so hellbent on keeping that second amendment, at least learn to put guns out of kids' reach.

If you replace toddlers with muslim terrorists, there'd be a new boots on the ground invasion underway already :P. Perhaps UN mandated airstrikes on US nurseries would be in order.
It's almost as though saturating your society with deadly weapons is a bad idea
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6973 6974 [6975] 6976 6977 ... 8156