Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7161 7162 [7163] 7164 7165 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571112 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107430 on: September 08, 2016, 10:10:04 am »

Pretty sure I am sick. Nose is running constantly, throat hurts like hell and is not helped by mucus running down my throat, head hurts, literally did not sleep at all last night.

I hope this clears up in a day or two. I don't want to get behind in college work because of a stupid cold.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107431 on: September 08, 2016, 10:25:34 am »

Yeah I'm censoring myself before Toady ban me.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:38:36 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107432 on: September 08, 2016, 10:31:54 am »

@Cinder:....aaa I can't tell you you're wrong without inadvertently providing evidence and aaaaaaaa

But seriously, Cin, you're smart.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107433 on: September 08, 2016, 10:35:05 am »

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:38:23 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107434 on: September 08, 2016, 10:39:29 am »

Wat
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107435 on: September 08, 2016, 10:40:56 am »

:(
Spoiler: @Gamedragon (click to show/hide)

You can pretty much control yourself there. :P
And mentioning what your sad is is relevant to the thread; as long as it's not against anyone in particular and that it too doesn't attack anyone in particular. :O

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107436 on: September 08, 2016, 10:42:20 am »

He's not going to read your post, Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107437 on: September 08, 2016, 11:09:42 am »

He's not going to read your post, Tiruin.
Cynicism won't help. :P
But in all seriousness: I know you enough that you don't really mean this in a bad way. And I get your point that I'm being bluntly theoretical in a way in my post >_< Buuut on the wording in yours:
Despite what's going on, one cannot actually say that's what's going to happen because it's attempting to speak for the other person. While this may seem reasonable (probably because there's no SEEMING change), it's...not really reasonable when you consider the person rather than the concept. Also it can come off as impolite if there's no context mentioned. (Thanks for explaining it on the IRC :D)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:18:56 am by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107438 on: September 08, 2016, 11:10:55 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:16:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107439 on: September 08, 2016, 11:17:30 am »

*hugs Vector, just on general principle*

Be yourself more.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:26:58 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107440 on: September 08, 2016, 12:24:21 pm »

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:45:57 pm by Cinder »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107441 on: September 08, 2016, 01:12:34 pm »

Warning - while you were reading 99 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107442 on: September 08, 2016, 01:22:02 pm »

Warning - while you were reading 99 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
...That would do it for me, too...
Sigtext

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107443 on: September 08, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »

-Boop-

Hey Ve, I missed you earlier.

It sounded like so many things have been going well for you these days, and I don't entirely know what to say here. In part, that's just me getting lost in some of the prose and symbolism, the way I do. I can say I'm deeply grateful that your efforts have been paying off lately, as sorry as I am that the You you are today had to pay a heavy price to get here. It's not the way it should be in a Just World, but maybe that Just World would preclude the wisdom and strength gained by weathering these kinds of adversities? Thinking of that makes it easier for me sometimes... it may be so for you too?

The past doesn't stop hurting from time to time, as is it's fashion. It hurts every time we see or think about the raw deals we've gotten historically, and those dealt out to the people we care about. Still, there remains the freedom offered by this present time, and the promise of an unwritten future beyond it. Whatever happened back then, and whatever's happening today, you're okay, and they're okay, and I'm okay, and the world is okay. I promise. And you know as well as I that the days to come will be okay, too. If we all keep doing our best by our innermost selves, they'll be even better than okay. :)

It may not offer much in the way of pasture, but you've still got a quiet place here to rest as you travel. Here's to remembrances fond and not, to wisdom gained, and to meandering however we all may toward a brighter future.

Much love, and good luck on your journey, friend.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107444 on: September 08, 2016, 01:45:18 pm »

Suddenly everything feels like crap and I don't know how to help people.  I can't even help myself.  *sigh*
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7161 7162 [7163] 7164 7165 ... 8156