Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7232 7233 [7234] 7235 7236 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574738 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108495 on: October 23, 2016, 10:06:33 pm »

@Spehss_:This is not optimal :u

@BHK: *hugs* Anything I can do to help?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #108496 on: October 23, 2016, 10:26:58 pm »

Still, it's a bit strange to me how your classes are organized. I mean, we also have a "distributed campus" (read: no campus, cause we're a relatively new college, even though we're well-funded as fuck), but all our buildings are within 30 min. of each other by metro (usually less), and they're usually scheduled in such a way that you have time to get there from any other building if that class is expected to have students from other faculties.

The college has multiple small campuses spread out all over the general metropolitan area. Some campuses will have classes I need to take, other campuses will not, meaning I need to drive around to various locations depending on what I can get. In terms of physical distances they're not all that far away from one another. The furthest one away from where I live which I've driven to is 19 miles away. But the roads going into the city from the more suburban areas tends to have slow traffic most of the time, and the city itself is constantly clogged with traffic at almost any time except late at night, and the roads in the city are a disorganized, clogged mess. Any campus that is not the closest one to where I live (which is a 10 minute drive at best) tends to take upwards of 30 to 40 minutes or even more if traffic is bad. Commuting is a drag.

At least the cost of tuition is relatively cheap, though. :v
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108497 on: October 23, 2016, 11:04:57 pm »

I managed to delay doing all my work until the last possible minute. again! hooray.

I mean I don't know why this ever surprises me, I literally do it every single time.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108498 on: October 23, 2016, 11:07:41 pm »

Caroline, if I could do that, I would.  *hugs*

@misko:Set deadlines for yourself that are earlier than your due dates.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108499 on: October 23, 2016, 11:55:04 pm »

Caroline, if I could do that, I would.  *hugs*

I do this already. The problem I don't feel motivated to work unless it's a real due date, and whenever I think I get away with pushing it to a later one, I lose all motivation. It's very frustrating. My meds help... but not enough. My meds make it easier to keep working, not to start working in the first place. I still feel endlessly lazy and unproductive. I even remind myself "you know, if you did this you'd be really happy", and I just still don't do it.

Just, that resistance. I don't know where it comes from, but it's so strong. Only the real, immediate threat of serious consequences motivates me out of a slump. As soon as I think I can fudge it...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108500 on: October 23, 2016, 11:57:01 pm »

I managed to delay doing all my work until the last possible minute. again! hooray.

I mean I don't know why this ever surprises me, I literally do it every single time.
Don't worry, I do that thing too all the time!

I still have no idea how I even passed my 7th semester. I almost got expelled because I missed multiple due dates for laboratory reports and as a result, was unable to do exams in assigned time.

Yeah that doesn't quite work. Maybe it's just because I'm an airheaded baka 4 lyfe, but deadlines I set to myself don't really feel like deadlines.
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108501 on: October 24, 2016, 12:11:14 am »

So...make consequences for yourself?

Iunno...

Honestly I do the exact same thing.
Sigtext

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108502 on: October 24, 2016, 12:15:12 am »

I still have no idea how I even passed my 7th semester. I almost got expelled because I missed multiple due dates for laboratory reports and as a result, was unable to do exams in assigned time.
Every single semester of my time in high school, I had to do the obnoxious last-minute lab event with some random teacher from the department, write up a ton of semi-bullshit, have him or her (but usually him; tended to be one of those really old guys who didn't care about anything), sign it all, and then actually be able to pass that grade.

I don't want to go through life like this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108503 on: October 24, 2016, 12:25:57 am »

Every single semester of my time in high school, I had to do the obnoxious last-minute lab event with some random teacher from the department, write up a ton of semi-bullshit, have him or her (but usually him; tended to be one of those really old guys who didn't care about anything), sign it all, and then actually be able to pass that grade.

I don't want to go through life like this.
Well, if you discover a way to avoid that, be sure to tell me, because I really need how to learn not to wait until the last fucking moment you tremendous baka, too!
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108504 on: October 24, 2016, 09:10:47 am »

I was going to do the same and sort of dreading it, but I had car trouble on the way out yesterday.
Sorta relieved (doesn't help the drive was 5 hours) but also sucks since I'd decided to go (last time went really well).  Was probably going to be a mix of comfort and a little more stress.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108505 on: October 24, 2016, 12:36:47 pm »

Finally got up the nerve to check my midterm grades upon receiving an email warning me about my grades. GPA is currently 1.4.  :'( :'( :'(

Fuck me.

Edit: This is in addition to a severe depressive episode that's lasted for two days.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108506 on: October 24, 2016, 12:47:25 pm »

*just, hugs everybody*
Sigtext

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108507 on: October 24, 2016, 12:54:27 pm »

So, my anxiety/stress has reached the point where it's making me feel physically ill.

I really, really REALLY just want to fucking finish this. Just defer university for a year and come back with a bottle of anti-anxiety pills so I don't wind up int he same situation. At this point I feel like I've been caught in a downwards spiral where I feel to stressed to work. Because I'm not working it makes me more stressed because I'm missing out on work and assignments.
Sounds like the anxiety is just feeding into itself, that can't be fun. I hope you do get some meds that help!

*just, hugs everybody*
How long are your arms?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108508 on: October 24, 2016, 12:58:43 pm »

Long enough if we all pitch in!  *hugs*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108509 on: October 24, 2016, 03:28:25 pm »

*hugs*

If only I could transfer some of my unreasonably huge reservoir of happiness towards all of you... sadly, the day when we can send emotions over Internet has not arrived yet.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 7232 7233 [7234] 7235 7236 ... 8156