Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7261 7262 [7263] 7264 7265 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576018 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108930 on: November 09, 2016, 03:56:04 am »

bit late for resting
what with it being 4 am already
yes
is problem

less so if not busy todaymorrow
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108931 on: November 09, 2016, 03:56:21 am »

The bigot hatemongerer won
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #108932 on: November 09, 2016, 04:08:13 am »

Even worse than that, all the people with pre-established bigotry, hatefulness and xenophobic agendas in America now feel on top of the world, because the person they voted for won.  Heard an apocryphal story online that apparently some asshole of a Trump supporter flat out slapped a woman just because she was wearing a vote for Hilary pin.

Times like this I wish we still had a rage thread.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108933 on: November 09, 2016, 04:13:14 am »

While a rage thread would probably be appropriate to the feelings--it's also what you'll feel out of it that matters (hence part of why it was closed, there's partial implicit reinforcement in a way for a few folks :/ other than thinking about it quietly).

I'd note that in the least, history will remember all this, and people in the future (which are pretty much the people RIGHT NOW) will be working towards bettering many things, even minorly, because of what's going on or what had been going on today.
It's this mention of a learning pattern within history that gives a permanence of optimism through the years that has been noted by multiple seminal studies over time :O as a tiny note.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #108934 on: November 09, 2016, 04:21:37 am »

Even worse than that, all the people with pre-established bigotry, hatefulness and xenophobic agendas in America now feel on top of the world, because the person they voted for won.  Heard an apocryphal story online that apparently some asshole of a Trump supporter flat out slapped a woman just because she was wearing a vote for Hilary pin.

Times like this I wish we still had a rage thread.

Please tell me you're joking. Please.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108935 on: November 09, 2016, 09:08:28 am »

The sad thread is going to be filled with unfounded name calling and complaints. Spammed with it.

Make a thread for it or something... I'm scared someone here might have their problems drowned out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108936 on: November 09, 2016, 10:06:15 am »

*cries internally a bit*..............

The Beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108937 on: November 09, 2016, 10:13:12 am »

Y'all just need to take a breather, its a cerimonial puppets position. Who cares if its a rapist or if lets rapists go easy.
They are equally as bad. Except Hillary is fine oh if I had met her in her 20s (Redacted)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108938 on: November 09, 2016, 10:14:39 am »

Excuse me, WTF?

The Presidency is avowedly not 'ceremonial'.

But this isn't even the thread for that and for crying out loud stop with the flamebait.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108939 on: November 09, 2016, 10:18:40 am »

Y'all just need to take a breather, its a cerimonial puppets position. Who cares if its a rapist or if lets rapists go easy.
They are equally as bad. Except Hillary is fine oh if I had met her in her 20s (Redacted)

QUIET YOU!

*cries*

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108940 on: November 09, 2016, 10:19:35 am »

It is ceremonial (apart from control over Armed Forces in wartime which... doesn't happen) in some countries.
Not in USA. In USA that's a very real position of power.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108941 on: November 09, 2016, 10:22:25 am »

It is ceremonial (apart from control over Armed Forces in wartime which... doesn't happen) in some countries.
Not in USA. In USA that's a very real position of power.

* smjjames almost yells at Kot for an initial misreading of what Kot said.

But yes, Kot is right. The Beast, I don't know if you're American or not, but if you ARE American, calling the President a ceremonial position is fucking ignorant. If you aren't, that's still ignorant, but excuseable because you might be confusing it from the President position in parliamentary governments, in which case, it is ceremonial.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:25:34 am by smjjames »

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108942 on: November 09, 2016, 10:24:38 am »

Terrible election.

Even if Trump turns out to be lame president that don't do anything of note, it's still Republican-dominated government which will spell disaster for liberal ideas; I have resorted to hoping that Republicans won't care about climate enough to weaken regulations about it......

The Beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108943 on: November 09, 2016, 10:26:53 am »

Oh didnt realise it was flamebate, calm it! I AM NOT THE ENEMY!
Oh yeah sorry TBF, this is your hugs thread, I'll go

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #108944 on: November 09, 2016, 10:29:42 am »

EVERYTHING
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 7261 7262 [7263] 7264 7265 ... 8156